• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

House rule proposal....

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
500 pts per recruit. If it's just you against the CPU then 600 is okay, but if your up against some poor smuck who has 0 XP then just 500.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I'm fine with that it if everyone agrees, although I wish that might have been brought up before the rest of us spent skill upgrades on the extra points. It would have been easier to enforce that way and those skill upgrades could have been used elsewhere.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I would rather have the 600 pts. You can still use it when not head to head against UTEP, ECU and ULM.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Hopefully at some point those issues work themselves out.

I'm okay with limiting users to 500 points on recruits that have user v user competition if everyone else is. Not sure how it could be enforced but hopefully it would work out.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Hopefully at some point those issues work themselves out.

I'm okay with limiting users to 500 points on recruits that have user v user competition if everyone else is. Not sure how it could be enforced but hopefully it would work out.

I do my recruiting on my IPAD which I find easier. It's quicker to scroll each individual recruit and determine if I'm gaining or losing. If you and I are even on a recruit, and our bonus is 300 each, if I put 500 on someone and you are +100 then I know you used 600.

Its kind of a honor system idea, but I do have a way of figuring it out if it's against me.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I do my recruiting on my IPAD which I find easier. It's quicker to scroll each individual recruit and determine if I'm gaining or losing. If you and I are even on a recruit, and our bonus is 300 each, if I put 500 on someone and you are +100 then I know you used 600.

Its kind of a honor system idea, but I do have a way of figuring it out if it's against me.

I don't believe the points are 1 for 1 though. Flann and I just went through that on that WR recruit in the off-season. We were like 400 points apart with equal bonuses, he put 4000 on and I put 2000 on and I still got him. Not sure how that might work. Maybe the rank on the individual recruiting boards adds extra bonuses the higher they are, I don't know.

I have never really understood how the new recruiting system worked, I just put points on people and wait for them to come to me. Or not.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I would put it in the rules but I still can't edit posts, despite my mod status.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
It doesn't really need to be in the rules, it should probably only impact this season. Hopefully next season they can get their XP back. Just a sticky announcement should get the job done.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I think it's tied to coaching changes. Will continue to try the retire/rejoin exercise periodically to see if it unf*&^s itself.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Not going to name names @TXHusker05 @Flanntastic, but there are still people putting 600 points on players. How do I know?

Exhibit A) DT-Daniels:
- My team bonus is 320 (because everyone wants to be a Miner) and I put 500 points toward him.
- The other team bonus is 300 and they must have put 600 points toward him so I ended up -80 for the week

In summary 500 + 320 = 820, 600 + 300 = 900
820-900 = - 80 deficit for this guy.

This happened to 3 different recruits. Please ensure you take a look at who you are recruiting and if it's against UTEP, ULM or ECU then only do 500 pts.
I can't help it that I was Munsoned by the commish.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I'm not taking my points off players until everyone agrees to it because I'm competing with other users who do have the full 600 available to them and I'm not losing ground putting 500 on them when I have no idea if they are or aren't.

Im fine with that house rule, but until it becomes official and everyone is agreeing to it, I am keeping my points on there.

If we just want to make it so you only use 500 against the people with XP problems but can go up to the full amount vs people who don't, that's fine with me as well.

Schauwn

I'm not taking my points off players until everyone agrees to it because I'm competing with other users who do have the full 600 available to them and I'm not losing ground putting 500 on them when I have no idea if they are or aren't.

Im fine with that house rule, but until it becomes official and everyone is agreeing to it, I am keeping my points on there.

If we just want to make it so you only use 500 against the people with XP problems but can go up to the full amount vs people who don't, that's fine with me as well.

This is exactly what he said.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If you have coaching points, you can only use more than 500 points if:

1) ECU, UTEP, and ULM are not on the recruit's list
2) Those teams are not in the top 5

The 2nd one is because I've seen situations where other users have never recruited a guy but they're still 7th or 8th on his list but like 8,000 points behind.

This is the rule. This may apply to Houston as well, I don't know if @GuildedSloth got the points. Hopefully, they get their points next year but as of now, that is the rule.

@Flanntastic @RamesuThe1 @Walter323 @TXHusker05 @NavyHog @LEGEND

Last edited:

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Not going to name names @TXHusker05 @Flanntastic, but there are still people putting 600 points on players. How do I know?

Exhibit A) DT-Daniels:
- My team bonus is 320 (because everyone wants to be a Miner) and I put 500 points toward him.
- The other team bonus is 300 and they must have put 600 points toward him so I ended up -80 for the week

This happened to 3 different recruits. Please ensure you take a look at who you are recruiting and if it's against UTEP, ULM or ECU then only do 500 pts.

I thought I was clear.

Facepalm-GIFS-1.gif

:)

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator

Exhibit A) DT-Daniels:

I got a idea, how about if we make any rules, we tag everybody, as i never saw this thread till today. secondly, it would be cool if I would have known that when i put my XP points towards that skill and none on visits. Thirdly if it just affects Navy then fuckem, his team is already too good.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Yes, I understood you perfectly which is why I said I was fine with that... But I am NOT doing it until it is agreed upon by everyone.

Flann never participated in this thread, nor did Ram for that matter. Until now, I'm not sure either even knew this was being discussed, never mind actually set as a rule. There are multiple recruits who have more than just 2 users competing, including the recruit you used as an example. I was not going to drop down to 500 on a recruit just because UTEP was in on him only to get bypassed by Flann or Ram who most likely were still putting 600 on the same recruit, which it turns out was the case.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I got a idea, how about if we make any rules, we tag everybody, as i never saw this thread till today. secondly, it would be cool if I would have known that when i put my XP points towards that skill and none on visits. Thirdly if it just affects Navy then fuckem, his team is already too good.

My thoughts exactly.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

It affects 3, probably 4 teams, 2 of which are new guys.

I've tagged everyone now so everyone is responsible for knowing the new "rule" for this season. If you are caught breaking it, I'll start taking away scholarships.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
It affects 3, probably 4 teams, 2 of which are new guys.

I've tagged everyone now so everyone is responsible for knowing the new "rule" for this season. If you are caught breaking it, I'll start taking away scholarships.

You say it affects 3, probably 4 teams, but keep in mind that none of those other teams are competing for recruits against most of us. None of the other teams affected are even in the top 5 of any recruit I have on my recruiting board. This ONLY impacts Navy in the majority of cases. It doesn't sound silly that the rest of us have to appease the only A+ OVR team in the OD? Navy is 97/93/99 across the board and has just 11 Seniors, every single one of which will be replaced by an equally talented (if not better) player already on his roster.

Again, I'm perfectly fine with head to head battles for recruits involving those teams being limited to 500 points, that makes perfect sense. HOWEVER, it is a little absurd that 3 or 4 users all in the hunt for one recruit have to limit their points when just one of those users has the XP problem. Especially a user with the best team by FAR. In my case, I'm already at a disadvantage being a 4* team competing against 5* and 6* teams for recruits. I already encountered that last year finishing 7 scholarships under my limit because I just cannot compete with the rest of you for high level recruits.

There is a flip side to this that probably needs to be considered a little bit.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
And a follow-up question to that post...

Is there a number where a team is declared out of the hunt on a recruit and the rest of us can go back to 600 points to battle each other? For example, if I lead a recruit by -100 over Flann and -400 over Navy, at what point are Flann and I competing against each other and not Navy and thus able to go back up to 600 instead of stay at 500? Do we have to stay at 500 as long as UTEP is a team listed in the Top 5? Maybe just -500? -1000?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Your're my boy Tx, but you for real? Man this isn't rocket science . If you are against UTEP, ULM or ECU, who through no fault of their own have very limited ability to scout, and are restricted to 5,000 pts per week and 500 pts per recruit, then you and any other team can only use 500 points. The fact that I have such a talented team is irrelevant. It isn't just about me it's for @LEGEND and @Walter323 as well who have less talented teams than NIU.

You guys that have played in my leagues in the past know that I'm all about making things fair for everyone. In last years MAC conference I implemented a sliding scholarship scale which gave the conference winners less than those that came in last (which hurt me the most). I'm the one who recommended to Flann to pause at edit conference so we could zero out OC/DC so that everyone is level.

Last but not least from what I can tell we are only going head to head on 2-3 recruits. And I would say my, or any other team, is out of the running for a player if we haven't offered a scholarship and/or have fallen behind by 1000 points.

I'm going to tag this for @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Yes, I understood you perfectly which is why I said I was fine with that... But I am NOT doing it until it is agreed upon by everyone.

Flann never participated in this thread, nor did Ram for that matter. Until now, I'm not sure either even knew this was being discussed, never mind actually set as a rule. There are multiple recruits who have more than just 2 users competing, including the recruit you used as an example. I was not going to drop down to 500 on a recruit just because UTEP was in on him only to get bypassed by Flann or Ram who most likely were still putting 600 on the same recruit, which it turns out was the case.

@RamesuThe1 is head to head with me on another guy and is using 500.

Having 600 pts is still a huge benefit!. We usually only go head to head on recruits 2-3 times per year. It's not like you can't use this at all.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If everyone recruiting a recruit is limited to 500, it makes absolutely no difference. If Navy had his points, you'd all be at 600. It's the same exact thing.

I will think about a minimum point differential but 1,000 will probably work.

So this goes into effect next season?

@NavyHog

No, it's for this season. Hopefully, they will get their upgrades next season.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Your're my boy Tx, but you for real? Man this isn't rocket science . If you are against UTEP, ULM or ECU, who through no fault of their own have very limited ability to scout, and are restricted to 5,000 pts per week and 500 pts per recruit, then you and any other team can only use 500 points. The fact that I have such a talented team is irrelevant. It isn't just about me it's for @LEGEND and @Walter323 as well who have less talented teams than NIU.

You guys that have played in my leagues in the past know that I'm all about making things fair for everyone. In last years MAC conference I implemented a sliding scholarship scale which gave the conference winners less than those that came in last (which hurt me the most). I'm the one who recommended to Flann to pause at edit conference so we could zero out OC/DC so that everyone is level.

Last but not least from what I can tell we are only going head to head on 2-3 recruits. And I would say my, or any other team, is out of the running for a player if we haven't offered a scholarship and/or have fallen behind by 1000 points.

I'm going to tag this for @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic @Flanntastic

Whoa whoa whoa... first of all, this IS about you Navy. Not a single one of the other people you mentioned are competing with me for recruits. Not one. I have 29 recruits on my board, not a single one of those other teams is so much as in the Top 5 of a recruit. The other guys are competing at a different level than the rest of us so this IS about you.

Second of all, where exactly was this fair for everyone bullshit when I was 2* and 3* team competing against 5* and 6* teams for recruits? I signed SEVEN under my scholarship limit last year because I was constantly beat out for recruits by you and others.

Third, it is pretty shitty that this was brought up after the fact when the new skill tree upgrades were reset and spent. It would have been nice to use those elsewhere if we were going to have a rule like this. Not to mention the fact that I am limited to 12 upgrades, unlike Bruin, Flann and Ram. So now, not only am I limited to 500 points any time UTEP is on a recruit I want, regardless of who else is, I am competing against people who were able to spend extra coach skill tree settings to get 3/3 on Visits, 3/3 on Locksmith and extra points in the off-season. That is not available to me.

So now, I am a 4* team competing against 2 6* and 1 5* team who have significantly more upgrades than I do AND I can't use one advantage I might actually get because of some fuck up not related to anything I did?

Give me a fucking break.

Last edited:

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, I changed my mind. I'm using all of my points on whoever the hell I feel like. If I happen to encounter a recruit I am competing against one of the others with, I will limit myself to 500 but if UTEP is the only one on the list, I am using 600. I'm not going to be lectured about fairness by a user with a 97 OVR team who graduates 11 Seniors while being 4 deep at every position while I graduate 17 players I have absolutely zero shot at replacing. I'll dock myself 5 scholarships.

And @bruin228 while we are talking about taking scholarships away, I'd like to know how many it's going to cost you for having skill upgrades assigned to your defensive coordinator?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Can you read? "not only am I limited to 500 points any time UTEP is on a recruiting board" No. You are limited when UTEP is in the top 5 and within 1,000 points of you.

I must have gotten a new DC, but sure, I'll gladly take scholarships away from myself if you're going to be a huge baby about all of this (to no one's surprise) and flagrantly break the rules.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Can you read? "not only am I limited to 500 points any time UTEP is on a recruiting board" No. You are limited when UTEP is in the top 5 and within 1,000 points of you.

I must have gotten a new DC, but sure, I'll gladly take scholarships away from myself if you're going to be a huge baby about all of this (to no one's surprise) and flagrantly break the rules.

Yes, I read perfectly fine, I'm rather well educated... let's see if you can read this, AGAIN. I am not limiting myself to 500 points on a recruit if it is a 3 way race with other teams, whether UTEP is one of them or not.

I gave you the reason and I've yet to hear a single attempt to refute ANY of my points. Don't forget that I too am at a disadvantage when it comes to XP and skill upgrades. Unlike others, I am not gaining XP so I am maxed out at the 12 skill upgrades I had when I first joined. That is not as significant of a disadvantage as Navy and the others have right now, but it IS a disadvantage because you, Flann and Ram all have 14 upgrades. So not only am I competing against 5* and 6* teams for recruits, I'm also competing against people who have maximum visit upgrades, multiple locksmith upgrades and extra off-season points. None of which is available to me without risking losing ALL of my upgrades by leaving and coming back.

So when I say that expecting people in a 3 or 4 way battle for a recruit to limit themselves to 500 points is absurd, THIS is what I am talking about. Navy and the others are NOT the only ones at a disadvantage. Recruiting points do not apply equally remember, my 500 points are not the same as 500 points from Navy or Ram or you. When you factor in the significant bonus some of you are receiving for visits and the extra points you'll have available to you in the off-season, I'm being put at a far greater disadvantage. It isn't just "oh everyone only gets 500 points so it is equal", that isn't accurate.

So again, I will repeat myself for the fourth time. When it comes to head to head match-ups with the people not gaining XP, I will happily limit myself to 500 which is what I agreed to in the first place before Flann or Ram even saw this thread. But in a 3 or 4 way battle, I am not going to put myself at an extreme disadvantage to appease ONE person who happens to have the best team in the OD and only graduates 11 players.

If you cannot understand my points after that, so be it.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
To put it another way: This is the type of thing that should have been done in the off-season before everyone who has skill upgrades already spent them on things they now can't use. Also maybe before it was decided the people actually gaining XP could upgrade to 14 upgrades while everyone else was stuck. We knew all these guys had this problem before the season started, why didn't we just cap the upgrades at 10 like in BSCFL?

Just a little something to consider while we're all of a sudden worried about "fairness". Not all of us are lucky enough to be gaining XP, have all 14 skill upgrades or have a 5* or 6* team that has its pick of recruits. I understand Navy's side completely because he got screwed by the game, I sympathize more with the others because they are taking over bad teams and should be given every opportunity to compete. But I'm not competing with them, I'm competing with the rest of you and am already at a disadvantage. I finally get ONE advantage, that will likely only last a year, to try to regain some ground in recruiting and I all of a sudden can't?

That's all my point is. I just find it hilarious that I'm being lectured about fairness by the people with the most advantages. I'll do whatever you say Bruin. Your show.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Wow just wow.

- First of all @bruin228 is the commish and made a ruling so there's that.
- 2nd of all you joined the league, if I recall correctly, 2 to 3 years after it was started so of course you are going to naturally be behind a little bit from ULL, ASU, Troy and UTEP who were here from the beginning. It wasn't a problem when you joined.
- You signing 7 less than your allotment is a YOU problem. From 1-6 star teams I have never not signed my numbers for a class. It's harder with less stars, but doable.
- The point of when I brought it up and the fact of how talented my team is yet again irrelevant to the argument. I really don't see how you don't understand this. I earned that 97 OVR team by out recruiting everyone and spending a lot of time scouting/dropping/adding and constantly checking each week on who I'm gaining or losing points on. I don't throw away 500 points away on guys I'm not likely to sign. It's no accident I have the best OVR ranked team 3-4 years into every league I'm in. I work at it because I'm a nerd and it's one of my favorite things about this game. I brought it up after the 2nd week when I realized it was a problem. If I would have thought of it in preseason I would have tabled it then.
- What if it was all about me (which it truly isn't), but for shits and giggles let's pretend I was a competitive asshole that gave no thought to anyone else or their opinions. Even then it would be unfair if we has a league wanted to have a fair even playing field for everyone.
- Having 12 while 3 other guys have 14 is not much of a disadvantage. If it's on visits it means they may get 100 to 200 points more on one visit. I mean yeah that's a disadvantage, but it pales in comparison to the 0 XP guys.

I don't get all the uproar of a situation where it's only going to come into play on like 3-5 guys per year (and hopefully it gets resolved soon).

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
If it's any consolation you are probably going to sign that DT. I had him on an official visit and only got a "B" grade. I was one sack away from 3 sacks and +300 points. I'm only up 450 now and you still have a. Official visit week 9.