• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

HEY MEN! It's the 128th Annual WBL Winter Meetings on the ISLE OF MAN!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Come to your senses….come to the Isle of Man!

map.png

The WBL Winter Meeting Committee would like to invite GM-Owner-Managers men and their family and friends to the 128th annual WBL Winter Meetings on THE ISLE MAN!

What's on the Isle of Man besides the United Kingdom King's Single A team, the Isle of Man Men? Well, natural beauty of course!

The beauty of the Isle of Man ranges from rugged coastal cliffs to rolling moorland to wide flat plains and sandy beaches. Explore on foot, on two or four wheels, or on one of our fantastic heritage railways, just do it with a friend GM! You’ll enjoy our Island playground and being in the great outdoors, whatever the weather!

imageresizer

Not into nature? No worries, man! Check out the 11th-century seaside fortress ruins of Peel Castle, or the huge medieval castle with many stairs, Castle Rushen!

Peel-panorama-900x292.jpg

Or take the Steam Railway and enjoy the scenery!

imageresizer

A joint collaboration between the Winter Committee Meeting and the WBL Commissioner's Office, the Worldtopia Baseball League and their affiliated parties will gather at the 127th annual meetings for a week filled with seminars and league and organizational meetings.

For six event-packed days, the host hotel will bring together front office personnel, trade show exhibitors and job seekers, all under one roof. Throughout the week, a number of notable events fill the agenda, including the Baseball Trade Show; the WBL Job Fair, presented by the ULG; the Banquet; the Bob Freitas Business Seminar & Workshop Series; the Awards Luncheon; and the Gala. This year's breakout sessions include:

Recruitment 101: @Reel and @Mr. Radpants corch visiting NCAA Online League owners on how to recruit new owners to their league.

#GOATSZN Peace Accords: @doh and @Mr. Radpants present Kang and Norman their GOAT plaques and let bygones be bygones.

Editing Time! As this Winter Meetings was rushed to the press due to impatient owners, we call upon the @Brick's boss for some post-release cleanup!

Increasing Workplace Engagement: Experts from the Harvard Business Review visit to motivate league owners to carve out five minutes a day.

Do Sim Fans Have Rights? This panel discusses GM @doh's price hiking and what it means to the league and sim society as a whole.

And a live screening of a new film:
ESPSim Presents 30 for 30: The Last Days of Wolfmad

In 2044, a young baseball GM named Wolfmad came to Kabul, Afghanistan. Over the next few decades, he became an owner-corching legend. Wolf delivered two national titles to a war-torn country that worships the game, earning a reputation as not just a baseball genius, but a very mad leader who equated hard work and discipline with success. And yet, there was another side to that success. In April 2072, Reel E Weird, a producer for ESPSim, began reporting a story investigating why three GOATs left Wolfmad's program over the prior two years. Nearly two years later, the 30 for 30 film "The Last Days of Wolfmad" is the previously untold behind-the-scenes story of that investigation and all it produced - a chronicle of accusations, denials, and discoveries; riots and death threats; a smoking gun video; and the fall of a corching legend that ragequit over a harmless joke. Directed and narrated by @Reel, it's a tale about success, power, abuse, anger, a disappearance, and ultimately, a search for truth about why he was so mad all the time.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Congrats to @NML and his MEN for being the first minor league team to host the Winter Meetings.

The committee will be doing an audit to see which WBL cities have not hosted. I've got Seoul, Lisbon, Moscow, Amsterdam? Did Buffalo get one?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Buffalo had one, I copy pastaed it onto my team thread because it set the lore for the metropolis

Anyways, I feel very Manly at this event so great choice

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The file isn't fine for me. 5 players that didn't get voted in just got OTTO'd into the Hall? Or did they all get elected? I thought no one was voted it.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Can we just lower the % required? 50% of the vote should be enough with this crowd of trogs voting.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
No reference to the Manx Missile? Shame on a rigger that throws shade on a rigger.

983b922d8b026300eba50531371e610c.jpg

No Ploeg means the Hall ain't doing its job.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Like I said, I put in my O ballot late. Only did it cuz of the simming issues though and it was only the 5 guys at 71% I was going to vote for.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jdlikewhoa

020c2dfe220296cca17eb1309d114deb.jpg
ebadad6c850f0ea3d800afa0cbf1b4f6.jpg

Someone come and take all these DINKS. Can be pieced out or acquired in one monster deal to make JHANKEES head spin.

NML

Those are pricey when ur a have not like me! They’d be my first and third highest paid players

Madpants probably just being Madpants, but I’m not going to get into a bidding war over them when there’s as good of pitchers in FA

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Those are pricey when ur a have not like me! They’d be my first and third highest paid players

Madpants probably just being Madpants, but I’m not going to get into a bidding war over them when there’s as good of pitchers in FA
Just poking fun at the fact that everyone wants GOATs for their players but only wants to give up WOATs.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Fair enough. Didn’t realize Sanchez has such a bad year. We had a few good years for me. Statement is still true tho.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Luckily if was after you uploaded and not while you were or I'd have borked the file.