• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Hayvis' Stella Street Sims 4 Dynasty

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ok. So I've decided to use the Sims 4 to embark on a recreation of the spirit of the classic British TV comedy Stella Street. This won't be an exact representation. Hell I don't even know what the fuck I'm really doing, and at this stage am completely disorganised, as when I found out you could download sim celebrities past and present, got completely carried away, and have populated my game save with far too many people.

What I do know is that, like in Stella Street (and to a certain degree comedies such as 'Slade In Residence', featured in Vic and Bob), I will be creating mundane households, filling them with celebrities, and assigning them to ridiculous jobs and relationships - As in the real Stella Street in which Keith Richards and Mick Jagger ran a small grocery store.

First thing I did today was to try to re-create the famous band Slade, as they will be an essential addition to the community, and no-one had tried (I HAVE NO IDEA WHY)

Here's my effort. If you would like to play Sims 4, I've uploaded it to the gallery, so you can use at will -

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
My next task will be to move Slade into a home. The obvious choice here will be the classic British suburban 3-4 bedroom 1930s house, as featured in both Stella Street and Slade in Residence. I will probably try to find something that has already been created for the shell and design the interior. It could serve as a template for more homes, but I would like to include more variety than just the classic Stella Street housing. For example, I am determined that Paul McCartney lives in a trailer. It might also be nice to have a larger commune of celebrity sims living in a mansion together.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Some interior decorating needed, but here's the classic 1930s three bed semi detached ready for Slade and another family -

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
As we can see here, the template for the 1930s semi, is pretty much spot on for recreating Stella Street, and this also reminds me that Michael Caine the nosey neighbour is an absolute must for this project.

hqdefault.jpg

digs

sun of nothing
slade is great. I didn't know they were the original band behind CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE til about 2 years ago.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Two essential components of a Stella Street Sims will be Michael Caine and Mrs Huggett, neither of which are available to download in the game, so I have to recreate them myself.

This afternoon, I have been working on Michael Caine. Now uploaded to the gallery if anyone is missing him from their Sims 4 game!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Trying to design John Sessions playing an 85 year old lady is proving far more difficult. I think I'm going to have to make do at the moment until I can put more time into it. I don't think I've done too badly considering the limitations of the parameters which certainly weren't designed for recreating Mrs Huggett.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think I am going to move Michael Caine and Mrs Huggett in next door to Slade for the time being. Seems like a good thing to do, but this may change.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So I've done some more on this, and had some thoughts as to how it should unfold, and I think I have to populate the entire game world with celebrities. Only then when the game gets going will we see well and truly random events happening. Any original sim will just make it crap and it needs to be big for stuff to start randomly happening of it's own accord.

So far we have Slade and Michael Caine living in the 1930s semi detached, five of the Baywatch cast living in a poolside modern mansion permanently in swim wear, The cast of Friends living on set, and Abba living with Michael Jackson, Elton John and Dolly Parton. When it's populated, I eventually plan on starting my own game as Paul McCartney living out of a trailer.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Eh @pavel ?

Another update. I'm populating the entire world as quickly with celebs as I can so I can then concentrate on a smaller part of it. It just takes so fucking long, because you have to use workarounds to get who you want in without them starting off with crap budgets and no job. If I don't do this the whole thing will be ruined by being too small or otherwise populated by the crappy game generated sims.