1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

Hammer Time

Discussion in 'OOTP Discussion (Out of the Park Baseball)' started by Orlando, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member Utopia Moderator

In 2050, citizens from any country can be part of Congress. Probably for the best :laughing: Hopefully he is representing a Galactic city/district like Buffalo or Little Rock.

2. Orlando

I'm sure Music Man will pull out of the congressional race when he gets my job offer for Scouting Director tucked into the invitation to his number retirement ceremony.

NML and Travis7401 like this.
  3. Orlando

4. Orlando

Razor with that new facial hair

5. Wolfman21

Wolfman21 Well-Known Member

how do you guys get those team photos like that?

6. Orlando

I think only commishes can generate them.

7. Wolfman21

8. Mr. Radpants

Mr. Radpants Friendship Drive Charging

Team:
    Dublin
    Early leader for the top five in the new Rad fan fiction called Mustachio Wars.

9. Orlando

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 9.12.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 9.14.24 PM.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  10. Orlando

11. Wolfman21

If icemans control doesn't improve I'm going to be very upset.

Orlando likes this.
  12. Orlando

No kidding. My scout has it at 20 :laughing:

13. Wolfman21

thats been my worry with him since his pitch ratings became insane though. Hes got so many damn 70 pitches, how could he control all of them? Which is why it will disappoint me, because i'd love to see how many sub 1.0 ERA seasons he could have, lol

14. Wolfman21

Actually, it looks like both your top prospects have an issue. Iceman's is control and Balbuena's power potential looks like it may not be met...though the rest of his bat/game is outstanding so that wouldn't really hurt him that much.

15. Orlando

He is heading back down to AAA, so hopefully he figures it out there. I am hoping he is just a late bloomer, but those guys who develop control late are rare. I'd be happy if he gets his control up to a 60.

16. Orlando

Yeah. Pretty crazy those are the #1 and #2 prospects in the league right now (according to OSA). Balbuena is only 20, so I am not super concerned yet. His gap power is there and the contact is coming a long. Even his eye is solid for AA. His HR total this year will be key to watch.

17. Wolfman21

Id be happy if he got it up to 55. With those pitches just get it close.

Oh no doubt. Hes still a 4*+ type guy and everyday starter even if he keeps 20 or 25 HR power. Just kinda funny how both of your guys had one rating that is severely behind all the others.

18. Orlando

Pettersen Joins HOF Legends
    Tuesday, January 7th, 2059

Jonathan Pettersen was a happy-go-lucky hurler that didn't seem to take baseball too seriously. But Pettersen was good enough to chalked up 212 victories. Much to the dismay of his managers, the gifted pitcher was fond of making esoteric and philosophical observations like, "People are too hung up on winning. I can get off on a really good helmet throw."

Whether he believed that or not, the baseball writers took his accomplishments on the mound seriously and voted him into the prestigious Worldtopia Baseball League Hall of Fame.

At his induction today Pettersen told the press, "I played the game for fun. That didn't mean I wasn't giving it my all. I wouldn't be here today, if I hadn't given it my all."

Pettersen retired at age 41 and in his superb career compiled a fine ERA of 3.87 with 212 victories and 173 defeats and held opponents to a .257 batting average. All total he pitched in 524 games and struck out 2735 batters in 3353.1 innings.

The eccentric and irreverent pitcher closed out his speech in style: "Baseball's a very simple game. All you have to do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."

Little wonder that none of his managers were at the Hall of Fame today.
    :laughing:

Lloyd Carr likes this.
  19. Mr. Radpants

Mr. Radpants Friendship Drive Charging

Team:
    Dublin
    That man is a galactic senator?

20. Orlando