• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

gooksta cub thread. Here cause nobody else gives a fuck

Gooksta

well fuck.. Schwarber carted off field after collision with Fowler in OF

Soler isnt going anywhere now. hoping for the Best for Schwarber and a quick and full recovery

Soonerfan09

well fuck.. Schwarber carted off field after collision with Fowler in OF

Soler isnt going anywhere now. hoping for the Best for Schwarber and a quick and full recovery
Just seen the replay on Sportscenter, actually looked pretty bad judging by his reaction. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Heisman06

image.png

Looked like a serious knee injury on replay but they're saying it's his ankle. That would be a huge break, no pun intended.

X-Rays were negative, MRI tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Gooksta

yeah, xrays dont show ligaments.. but torn ligaments in the ankle isnt really a career ender like torn ligaments in the knees could be.

Heisman06

So assuming Schwarber is out for an extended time: what's the plan, @Gooksta? I know Bryant, Soler and Szczur can play LF but can Baez (when healthy) or Russell fill in at 3b when Bryant goes out to left? Or is it all La Stella?

Gooksta

So assuming Schwarber is out for an extended time: what's the plan, @Gooksta? I know Bryant, Soler and Szczur can play LF but can Baez (when healthy) or Russell fill in at 3b when Bryant goes out to left? Or is it all La Stella?
Think Maddon plays matchups here on out. And it won't just be how a player performs against a certain/type of pitcher. Defense will be a factor too. Bryant proabably gets time in LF with LaStella and or Baez playing 3b when he comes back. Everyone assumes that Soler will just take over in LF. I think Soler will get more Abs, but I don't think he will be the full time replacement..

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yup.

Now, he's pissed that I accepted the trade after the injury. My take: your fault for not withdrawing the offer.

:laughing: That is so bushleague. If someone did that in our league it would be voided in a second. Please tell me this is in Wooly's Utopia league

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
:laughing: That is so bushleague. If someone did that in our league it would be voided in a second. Please tell me this is in Wooly's Utopia league

Nope.

It's payback for spamming with ten garbage trade offers per day.

He wants me to trade Arenado to him for Pujols, Moustkas and Volquez to "make things right."

goblue96

To me, accepting the trade is no different than watching a QB go down with an ACL injury and logging on only to see someone else has claimed all his backups. Games are going on. Gotta be paying attention when your players are involved, to me.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
To me, accepting the trade is no different than watching a QB go down with an ACL injury and logging on only to see someone else has claimed all his backups. Games are going on. Gotta be paying attention when your players are involved, to me.
After veto'ing the trade Id kick you out of the league and probably in the nads if that was your response.

goblue96

After veto'ing the trade Id kick you out of the league and probably in the nads if that was your response.

My response was to trade the players back if the trade somehow goes through.

Hopefully by accepting this trade and trading everyone back, it slows down the number of shitty offers I receive from him on daily basis.

Wolfman21

1bcbb5_ea3751f2015749ff99a15351de61ecdb.jpg

goblue96

My K Schwarber trade is still pending meaning either: a) the commish is asleep at the switch, b) he is, in @GR8 2 B FL G8R words, as morally bankrupt as I am or c) wants to see my trade partner get hosed b/c he spams everyone with garbage offers.

Gooksta

Check out @LangoschMLB's Tweet:

Can't stop laughing at how much attention the Cardinals give the Cubs. :laughing:

Bruce Wayne

Check out @LangoschMLB's Tweet:

Can't stop laughing at how much attention the Cardinals give the Cubs. :laughing:

Seriously? Where have you been? They used to play the hat dance on the jumbotron at Busch 2 in slow motion for cubs fans in the 90s. This is nothing new.