• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

gooksta cub thread. Here cause nobody else gives a fuck

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Next yr, or the yr after, or the yr after that.. talent wise this will probably be the least talented Cub team of the next five yrs

Yep, that's how baseball works. That's why the Nationals are currently getting ready to represent the NL in the World Series... oh wait.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm just saying that baseball is weird. And the Cubs could be the best team in baseball over the next 5 years and still not make it to another NLCS.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Next yr, or the yr after, or the yr after that.. talent wise this will probably be the least talented Cub team of the next five yrs

Yep, that's how baseball works. That's why the Nationals are currently getting ready to represent the NL in the World Series... oh wait.

The Cardinals will still be doing Cardinal things.

The Pirates will be good for the next couple years.

The Mets should be good for a couple of seasons until the Wilpons fuck things up and @Rutgers Mike gets hisself banned again.

The Phillies have a ton of money coming in from a new TV with Comcast and no RAJ around to blow it on aging players.

The Dodgers will push their payroll to $500 million to win the title.

The Giants will rear their ugly head again soon.

The Barves should come back to contend for the playoffs again.

The Nationals might finally things out now that Matt Williams is gone.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Everyone will predict them to win the WS so they'll have a down year.

Excited the Nats won't be a sexy pick so they can actually make the playoffs again.

Gooksta

Cubs sign Lackey for 2 yrs..
Guessing Cubs stay pretty conservative going forward
Just need a CF'er. Probably a stop gap type like Span or Marisnick with Almora being a yr away (maybe end of this coming yr).

Unless something comes along they can't pass up trade wise, think the Cubs stay pretty conservative here going forward

Like maybe taking a flyer on someone like Cliff Lee as a cheap lotto ticket type signing

Hearing Javy Baez will be playing CF in Winter ball too. Interesting note

atlbraves

Braves are reportedly "smitten" with Soler. I've seen rumors that Teheran and Miller could be targets for the Cubs in a swap.

Gooksta

Braves are reportedly "smitten" with Soler. I've seen rumors that Teheran and Miller could be targets for the Cubs in a swap.
Day after, Braves have said they are keeping Miller. Don't think that's happening now.. especially with Lackey being signed

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Cubs sign Lackey for 2 yrs..
Guessing Cubs stay pretty conservative going forward
Just need a CF'er. Probably a stop gap type like Span or Marisnick with Almora being a yr away (maybe end of this coming yr).

Unless something comes along they can't pass up trade wise, think the Cubs stay pretty conservative here going forward

Like maybe taking a flyer on someone like Cliff Lee as a cheap lotto ticket type signing

Hearing Javy Baez will be playing CF in Winter ball too. Interesting note

Well none of this was accurate:facepalm:

Son what kinda Cubs Beat Reporter are you

They just make a mega signing and you are gonna leave up this entirely contradictory post saying they are gon stay put

Gooksta

Cubs, 're-sign Dexter Fowler.. of is crowded.. Heyward, Schwarber, Fowler, Soler and Coghlan.. Baez expected to get some time there.

osick87

Community Liaison
From what I've read his defence at catcher isn't great.

Odds are he gets traded to a AL team who needs a 1B/DH. Houston makes sense.

Last edited:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Houston has arguably the #1 1B prospect in the game. They arent making a move for a FT 1B.

Plus, if the Cubs value their dudes like gook does then they are hanging up the phone anyway.

zoltan

looked at this thread to see boobs on gooksta's avatar.

i feel like ive said that before.

needless to say, i was quite dissapaint.

Gooksta

Cubs have Montero and Ross catching this yr.. plan is to get schwarber some games behind the plate.. he ISNT getting traded.

Coghlan traded to the A's

Outside of the 2 playoff games, schwarbers of defense wasn't horrible. More reps he should be ok out there.

Bruce Wayne

I can change my avatars to suit your needs I guess

87071-Caddyshack-gif-well-were-waiti-ZRtq.gif

osick87

Community Liaison
Houston has arguably the #1 1B prospect in the game. They arent making a move for a FT 1B.

Plus, if the Cubs value their dudes like gook does then they are hanging up the phone anyway.

Was moreso talking DH for them but also forgot Singleton.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I think the signing had more to do with Baltimore had already given up their first round pick to Texas for Gallardo, so Fowler signing with the O's would have given Chicago it's 2nd rounder instead.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

What do you think about the rockets at portland tonight. I took blazerz and the points. I basically bet on every televised nba game i watch.

osick87

Community Liaison
I think the signing had more to do with Baltimore had already given up their first round pick to Texas for Gallardo, so Fowler signing with the O's would have given Chicago it's 2nd rounder instead.

That's not how it works. Comp picks are given to teams at the end of the first round, and the signing team just surrenders their selection. I mean you can recover by saying that "Well the Cubs would get a 2nd and not a first" but I think the signing had to do with the O's not want to give Fowler an opt out after the first year.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Ah. I was thinking of the old rules then.

So fowlers agent is coming after Baltimore for "leaking" the deal despite fowler apparently texting Adam jones that he was signing.

That guy is a fucktwat (the agent)

Gooksta

That's not how it works. Comp picks are given to teams at the end of the first round, and the signing team just surrenders their selection. I mean you can recover by saying that "Well the Cubs would get a 2nd and not a first" but I think the signing had to do with the O's not want to give Fowler an opt out after the first year.
fowler said he didnt sign with Baltimore because they wouldnt give him an opt out. he wants to be a free agent next year.. next year is a weak free agent class. this year free agency class being so deep, he didnt get the big contract he was hoping for

Cubs are more than happy. Almora should be ready to be the full time CF next year and Fowler most likely opts out and gets his big contract with a very weak free agent class.

Gooksta

What do you think about the rockets at portland tonight. I took blazerz and the points. I basically bet on every televised nba game i watch.
i was gonna try to get back into sports betting.. but I could never get enough interest to even take the time to deposit money. not a big sports gambler.

osick87

Community Liaison
fowler said he didnt sign with Baltimore because they wouldnt give him an opt out. he wants to be a free agent next year.. next year is a weak free agent class. this year free agency class being so deep, he didnt get the big contract he was hoping for

Cubs are more than happy. Almora should be ready to be the full time CF next year and Fowler most likely opts out and gets his big contract with a very weak free agent class.

Glad we're on the same page.