• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Are these even pro athletes? This competition is really low rent sports entertainment. Turrible tv.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
It's getting an hour of TV coverage per day in the states. The Aussies look like they brought their C-team for swimming.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
:laughing:

I always wondered what it would be like to go to England (or another country that doesn't play the sport) and try to make the national baseball team. I'm by no means good but I'm expecting like 100 people in the country play the sport.

I also had a friend who was a good HS basketball player but didn't play in college or anything and said he played pick up with some guys who are in the British Top Basketball league while studying abroad. Claimed he was as good or better than most of the guys. I think it's rated the lowest league in Europe.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
I already posted this on the Sports Bar, but I will repost them here, for people who are interested, like me. Here's from the first four days of action.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Want to see world-class badminton w/o the Indonesians? In the words of Scorpion, "C'mere!"

mcnoles

BtngfaHIcAA1kUE.jpg

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
The Nigerian gold medallist Chika Amalaha has been provisionally suspended from the Commonwealth Games after an in-competition drugs test resulted in an anti-doping violation, the Commonwealth Games Federation has announced.

More...

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
The Welsh 400m hurdler Rhys Williams, son of the former Wales rugby international JJ Williams, has denied knowingly taking a banned substance after being suspended from the Commonwealth Games for failing a doping test earlier in the month.

More...