• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
lmbo, I simmed ahead ten years for kicks the other day to try and get an interesting start. I forgot about league evolution. The Pirates moved to Indianapolis and became the Indianapolis Slammers, and MLB expanded with the Portland Railers and the Austin Trains. Definitely wasn't a playable sim lol

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Pulled in these unis as default. Is there no longer an option to zoom out on the player pic to get more of the jersey?

I don't know, Arizona is a really interesting one. It could be too easy. OF has Alek Thomas already arrived in 2023, with Corbin Carroll and Druw Jones getting ready to join him. SS has Perdomo, who is good defensively and has 80 eye. Then Lawlar looks good as well. De Los Santos could hit as a super power hitting 3B. What will need to be solved is pitching.

On the other hand, Dodgers and Padres. Padres have Soto. Tatis and Machado are rated really highly. Machado has Durable.

DBacks draft 10th. I think this one is challenging enough.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
@Mr. Radpants here is this for now. Are you able to take the picture from inside his card? If there's an option to export the image file somewhere I don't know where it would be.

Wolfman21

what injury frequency do you guys use? I've been using "Normal(OOTP Classic)" and its just ridiculous. Every single season i lose most of my rotation and every fielder for a pretty lengthy amount of time. Thinking abotu dropping it down to low and seeing if thats any better

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
what injury frequency do you guys use? I've been using "Normal(OOTP Classic)" and its just ridiculous. Every single season i lose most of my rotation and every fielder for a pretty lengthy amount of time. Thinking abotu dropping it down to low and seeing if thats any better

We were using the lowest setting above 'off' in the WBL

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

Normal is too high. Is that even default?

Wolfman21

one of the more fun parts of this game is when you get a guy that has abnormal stats that performs well. My starting SS right now has 45 contact, 40 gap, 35 homerun power, 70 eye and 70 avoid k. Hes won 5 WAR over the last 2 seasons all while having a slash line of .240/.354/.325. And hes only got a 50 position rating at SS.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He doesn’t look that strong in my sim but that would be fun. Haven’t really gotten going yet. Getting budgets and everything set up.

Wolfman21

Hes won the 2030 and 2032 MVPs as well...and came in 2nd to Tatis for the 2031 MVP even though he had a higher WAR than Tatis.. Dude is literally insane in this sim.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Only played Perfect Team so far. It's my fix replacing being in an online league

first-time-james-franco.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
They somehow made the UI worse. For example, the draft order doesn't even fit on one screen without scrolling. Absolute insanity.

The prospect draft rankings are awful as well. I requested a refund, I don't see a reason to pick this up over 23.

Wolfman21

They somehow made the UI worse. For example, the draft order doesn't even fit on one screen without scrolling. Absolute insanity.

The prospect draft rankings are awful as well. I requested a refund, I don't see a reason to pick this up over 23.

its a mobile game made by mobile devs

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Mobile game or PC game, this is something that needs to be caught by QC.

be910e2c05595776e7031be52264a00d.png

I love my #1 pitch hitter, M. Wh

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I returned it because they messed up the UI - you had to scroll in weird parts of the interface that used to fully display data. Not sure if they ever fixed it.

Also the other thing that can jumpstart a run for me is a fun draft, but they really messed up the ratings of the draft prospects. Immediate immersion killer. Two years in a row they've done that.

Wolfman21

hate to see them completely turn it into a mobile game. Next thing you know they'll have a cosmetic store where you can buy earrings and tattoos for your player portraits. Can't wait for that OOTP 2028 BattlePass

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It really worries me that sports management sims are now trying to chase the CASUALS instead of staying in their lane and capitalizing on the fact that EA/etc have really let dynasty/franchise modes fall apart. Weird UI design changes and disconnects between current players and regens are things that can really kill a game's immersion. Especially when most people who play these games don't care as much about any specific season - since you'll likely play through that in a couple of weeks. Football Manager 25 is coming out with a new interface and graphics engine - and I fear that they'll fuck it up by chasing the casual at the expense of the long time player base and sports management sims will cycle out of style and suffer.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
It really worries me that sports management sims are now trying to chase the CASUALS instead of staying in their lane and capitalizing on the fact that EA/etc have really let dynasty/franchise modes fall apart. Weird UI design changes and disconnects between current players and regens are things that can really kill a game's immersion. Especially when most people who play these games don't care as much about any specific season - since you'll likely play through that in a couple of weeks. Football Manager 25 is coming out with a new interface and graphics engine - and I fear that they'll fuck it up by chasing the casual at the expense of the long time player base and sports management sims will cycle out of style and suffer.

I have the same fear about FM25. That they will turn it into a FIFA-style game.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
OOTP pre-order open... It's going to be $50 to buy normal game this year!!! Pre-order is just $35.

IndyDevs letting this Korean company try to ruin the game.