1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

General OOTP Observations Thread

Discussion in 'OOTP Discussion (Out of the Park Baseball)' started by Wolfman21, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member Utopia Moderator

2. Mr. Radpants

Mr. Radpants Friendship Drive Charging

Team:
    Dublin
    I think he meant 6 wars

3. Travis7401

Travis7401 Douglass Tagg Community Liaison

6 Career WARS? He's already got almost 8!

Yankee151 and kingssc like this.
  4. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Here to fix the cable

Just found this- you can export the player hometowns into Google Earth and it will generate a map.

[​IMG]

Schauwn likes this.
  5. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    No way. @Travis7401 get on ArcGIS and do some cool stuff bro

Travis7401 likes this.
  6. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Nicaraguan legend Javier Javier on full display there

Travis7401 likes this.
  7. Wolfman21

Wolfman21 Well-Known Member

so im looking at my park factors trying to figure out where i should play my corner OF who has higher range. My distances have my LF wall anywhere from 2-7 feet deeper than my RF wall.....however the factors have LHB AVG much higher than RHB AVG and RHB HR is higher than LHB HR. So does that mean my park actually plays as if RF is deeper and more expansive than LF?

8. Schauwn

Schauwn Well-Known Member

I would read it as the batter is more likely to get a hit if he hits to left field, therefore you want your guy in LF to neutralize that.

EDIT: Or maybe range is more important in your RF, and defensive rating is more important in LF?

9. Gooksta

Gooksta Well-Known Member

Lf is more expansive and rf is not as deep, thats how i read it

10. Wolfman21

Wolfman21 Well-Known Member

but RHB homers are higher than LHB homers...

11. Gooksta

Gooksta Well-Known Member

Weird.

12. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
    Here’s what you’ll get in OOTP 19:
    New 3D Players, Ballparks and Game Screen
    OOTP’s 3D features have taken a big leap in OOTP 19. In addition to greatly improved 3D stadiums, the game features more advanced player modelsand improved on-field movements for an even better view of the action. Players now run, slide, jump, and throw, and they take more realistic routes to batted balls.
    In addition, a reworked in-game screen enhances that “you are there” feeling for a better experience, whether you’re actively managing your team or watching the action play out.
    2018 Opening Day Rosters
    Can the Houston Astros repeat as World Series champs or can the Los Angeles Dodgers make another run at the title? You can answer all those questions and more in OOTP 19.
    Our brand new 2018 roster sets include all Opening Day MLB rosters, as well as the complete minor league system down to rookie leagues, including independent leagues. All major league (and over a thousand minor league) player ratings are based on Dan Szymborski’s popular ZiPS player projection system. The remaining minor league players are carefully rated by hand by our established research team.
    Will Jose Altuve have another historic season? How will the New York Yankees’ slugging lineup, led by reigning NL MVP Giancarlo Stanton, perform? Will Max Scherzer win his 3rd Cy Young Award in a row? Can Evan Longoria regain his old form and make the San Francisco Giants a contender? Will the Nolan Arenado-led Colorado Rockies improve on their 2017 Wild Card berth? It’ an exciting 2018 MLB season ahead!
    In addition, 8 international leagues (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Italy, The Netherlands, Mexico and Cuba) and several international independent leagues return to OOTP 19 with accurate and projected 2018 rosters.
    New Scouting System & Updated Scouting Reports
    Scouting reports have been completely rewritten, giving you a more detailed look at your players, with a focus on the most important aspects that you care about. Your scouts deliver information in clear and targeted ways customized to your desire.
    Ultra-Realistic AI & Ratings
    The AI manages rosters and makes in-game decisions better than ever, based on the latest trends in the sport, including double switches, starter and closer usage in the playoffs, trades and much more. It can also now handle unique players, such as those with excellent hitting and pitching abilities. Shohei Otani, anyone?
    In addition, the under-the-hood ratings module has been reworked to offer a more realistic and consistent view of players in the league.
    New Tournament Modes
    Tournaments have been enhanced with two exciting new features: the abilitycreate a standalone tournament bracket, plus the option to draw any teams in history into a tournament. The possibilities are endless! You can also create a special league with games manually scheduled through the regular season - modeling European football with multiple competitions and trophies within a calendar year.
    User Voting for End-of-Season Awards
    You can now cast a full ballot for all the end-of-season awards, including MVP, the top pitcher and hitter, and other awards. Improved decision-making by the AI can lead to some close races for awards.
    Redesigned Interface
    We have completely redesigned the interface and switched to a dark color scheme for the default skin. But no worries, we also have a light and a classic skin available. And on top of that, we added the option to select between six different fonts, so you can easily adjust the game interface to match your personal taste.
    Much More!
    Every year we offer many smaller features, and OOTP 19 is no exception. It includes:
    • 800 custom team logos for fictional leagues
    • Improved Manager Home screen, with a more customizable layout and new widget options
    • A new stat - RA9-WAR (WAR based on runs allowed) - for pitchers
    • Delayed substitutions for injured players, so, for example, you won’t have to replace your injured pitcher right away if your team is going to bat
    • ...and more to be announced prior to release!
    Finally, we have an exciting new online feature called PERFECT TEAM that we’ll unveil this summer, with an open Beta happening this spring. Stay tuned to learn all about it.
    We can't wait to show you more in the coming weeks, including additional OOTP 19 screenshots.
    How long until pitchers and catchers report? Let's play ball already!

markus-headshot.jpeg[​IMG]

Yankee151 likes this.
  13. Mr. Radpants

Team:
    Dublin
  14. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    A buff to Otto? Buffalo 2076 champions confirmed!

15. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Also I'd say 99% chance the PERFECT TEAM is just a FUT clone. Guess that's great news for the nutopia server fund, Travis will be selling MarkusCoin for $20 a piece in no time!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  16. NML

NML Well-Known Member

Is there a way to see historical data for a league (specifically ours)? I can pull last year and two years ago with the filters built in. Just curious if you can go further back

17. doh

doh THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Team:
    Las Vegas Pac Men
    If you do info>history>league history index you can see year by year league avg/ERA. Then when you click on the league you can see more details like team stats, all-star and league leaders.

IF you want to look up individual teams, you can do it on their own history page.

18. NML

NML Well-Known Member

I’m looking for full league stats for individual players. I want to do some statistical analysis stuff, but I only have a couple of years of data from the mid 50’s when I did some the first time.

Maybe the almanac? I’ve never looked at that before

19. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    The almanac might have it but we havent updated it basically since wendell stopped playing

20. NML

NML Well-Known Member

Sounds like something to do to make up for the 48 hours without a sim