• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG

jdlikewhoa

Sometimes I have to Google translate these names y'all throw out there.

If I was Obamaying, I'd be pissed that EA used my sex offender registry pic for my FUT card

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The names can be tough, that's why I originally called him "Abongabong #3" when someone on Utopia (@OU ?) was raping everyone with him in a ligue1 tournament.

Basically all you have to know is that you can use any Traore or Sissoko and they will rule, regardless of position/rating.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The names can be tough, that's why I originally called him "Abongabong #3" when someone on Utopia (@OU ?) was raping everyone with him in a ligue1 tournament.

Basically all you have to know is that you can use any Traore or Sissoko and they will rule, regardless of position/rating.
Was abongabong on St ettiene? I think they have an astronautcock on there too or they did

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Gook Dong is still my favorite because you don't have to travis his name up, it is ready to go as-is

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Astronautcock was on Werder Bremen for a long time and is on Stoke now. He's my favorite "wide target man" winger in the game. He is a really great attacking player.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Astronautcock was on Werder Bremen for a long time and is on Stoke now. He's my favorite "wide target man" winger in the game. He is a really great attacking player.
St ettiene had an arnovatutic or whatever which I assumed was the same surname that astronautcock was born from

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My latest fitness/profit squad I built for resting my Bundesliga team. Pretty fun squad. Jackson Martinez is a beast, Carrillo and Gaitan are great wing players with 4 star skills and relatively good shooting for cutting inside. Perez and Quintero are two of the more fun attacking minded midfielders I've used. Carvalho is slower than I'd like, but he's also a beast at CB. Outside backs can both play up and down the field and Martins Indi is a trog king at CB. The other CB I don't like as much as he seems to have poor positioning.

15661175775_bec0f89c24_b.jpg

osick87

Community Liaison
My favourite UT team I made was the IF James Rodriguez (Monkey charity), Moutinho, Aimar, Insua and Jackson Martinez 4-5-1 I made in 13.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Thoughts on Sandro (the left back for Porto)?

Eliseau was cheaper and had oddly decent shooting stats and the long shots trait. I like dumping the ball back to my fullbacks occasionally to ping the ball off the crossbar, so I went with him.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
After almost doing the all IF Premier league team I backed out because I want to try out IF Higuain and his Napoli IF teammates.

15527279630_ecd343d87e_o.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Apparently there was a huge player pack release last night, so now is a good time to buy a team (especially with the $650 game) because player prices are pretty depressed. Players normally in the 1.5k range were available for $650/700 last night and I bought about 200 of them to sell when prices bump back up, hopefully by this weekend. Looks like the prices have risen just a bit (50-100 coins) from last night, but still it is a good time to build a squad.

WingedHelmet

I did the same (although I only bought ~50 players). Some are already selling, I'm assuming because people don't know the prices dropped so significantly.

I ended up up purchasing IF Benzema for 390k coins. Lowest BIN today is 417k. The market for him was all screwy; went up a few thousand on Tuesday instead of the expected drop.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I did the same (although I only bought ~50 players). Some are already selling, I'm assuming because people don't know the prices dropped so significantly.

I ended up up purchasing IF Benzema for 390k coins. Lowest BIN today is 417k. The market for him was all screwy; went up a few thousand on Tuesday instead of the expected drop.

The absolute low point on IFs is hard to predict for me. A lot of times it hits on Tuesday, but on others it seems to hit late Sunday night/early Monday morning when the season ticket packs drop. I usually buy on Tuesday anyway because it seems safer in the long run. I end up buying a few players at slightly higher prices than I could have gotten on Sunday/Monday, but if a player is already increasing in value that early it is a good sign that they'll keep going up.

In general, I think high level in form cards are a great investment right now because we are at the point where mid level normal players are dropping rapidly due to pack floods and people getting tired of their teams. As such, the overall economy is just getting larger and larger More coins more players, and the only quantity limited group is IF cards.

Just look at what the premium in forms from previous weeks have done. Players like Lahm/Aubamayang/Silva, etc are just going up super rapidly. I've already got a Higuain this week but I'm considering picking up sanchez/Benzema too.

Edit: Snagged Benzema for 405k

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I figure this is also a good place to mention my new favorite budget target man striker. I know FIFA 15 will be remembered as the year of pace abuse, but I still really find it useful to have a big target man to use against high pressuring pubers. I just woof (@Milo ) the ball up to the target man and then hold off the pubers with the shield move until another faster player can take advantage of the openings. My problem with most big mongs is that if they are good at holding the ball up they're usually terrible at passing (Llorente) and half of the promising attacking moves are killed by a terrible pass.

The IF Gignac card was my favorite until I met this delightful mong who is faster/stronger and has a 4 star weak foot (really useful for a single striker). WELCOME ARTEM DZYUBA from the Russian league, available for 600-650.

http://www.futhead.com/15/players/15906/artem-dzyuba/

Played him in 7 online games (seasons/tourney) with Tosic and Danny flanking him as wingers and he scored 8 goals and had 7 assists, by far my best ratio of Goal/assists per game for a target man. I tried IF Rondon with the same team and really preferred Dzyuba because of the passing, which is really important for me when playing online. just make sure you change your "instructions" to "Target man" and "stay central" and he really will play with his back to the goal and be an awesome striker for playing through.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Grabbing Draxler and Palacio for 150-300 and reselling at 1000 a pop.

Nice, but that's pretty lucky and not normal :laughing: Must have picked up a lucky trend due to the market flood, usually autobuyers will get every gold card up to discard value at least (300 min)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You have the right idea, just buy the best non-rare gold players you can for 300/350 and sell them for as much as you can. You'll be able to make 50-100 coins on each trade. Then do the same thing at 600/650.

Another trick is to pick a few players who aren't being price fixed or aren't being Auto-bought and then just mass buy and re-list them for a few hours. (obviously this doesn't work if someone else is doing it to the same player). What I do is search for 150 coin max and find a decent player (Luis Gustavo in my case). His lowest BIN price is 2900 coins 2900 * 0.95 = 2755. Now I just click "find all items" and try to buy him for 2700 or less (don't make bids more than a couple minutes out). You might only make 50-100 coins per trade, but you can price them to sell very quickly so you have coins available again quickly.

Last edited:

jdlikewhoa

I think I need to spend more time concentrating on buying/selling because I've been losing my ass just trading here and there.

I splurged and picked up Benteke. That guy is just unfair to use in game. Whoever he doesn't run by, he runs over. I also picked up Diaby and Diouf to go along with Long and Ideye up top. It's nice to be able to go with a rotation of pace or huge physical mongs depending on who my opponent is. Will probably pick up Llorente too

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@chibob is screwed. Fortunately I bought mine for discard value (as I'll buy this next one) so no money lost on that investment.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Am excited about the IF Muller this week. The position change to ST is a lot better for him in terms of FIFA. I don't have a fucking clue what is going on in the IF market outside of that. Every time I think I have a trend (Higher level IFs) I'm proven wrong. Benzema's huge increase had me excited but that price fix crashed him back to below where I bought him, so now I'm smelling the smell of smoke.

WingedHelmet

Your (@sois) lack of pace is commendable, but you must just get murdered on the counter, no?

My ~40k BPL Silver team (plus IF Chambers):

I've gone 3-1-1 with Abel Hernandez scoring seven and assisting five. Enner Valencia's nothing to scoff at either.

The current debate is whether or not to spend ~15k on Jores Okore (the CB for Aston Villa who tore his knee up last year after breaking into the first team). On one hand, he'd be a pretty significant upgrade over John Stones (81 pace vs. 70; similar defending, 83 physicality vs. 72) and would allow me to hawk the Ibarbo/Emenike/Doumbia teams that I face seemingly every game. On the other, the guy hasn't played in 14 months, and hadn't really done anything to warrant a 73 rating before then. For whatever reason that matters to me.

I'll probably get him because I have ~60k coins and no real prospects other than him. There are no enticing IFs this week that I'll realistically be able to afford, and I have no real desire to continue swapping Laurent Koscielny for Georgio Chiellini and back again as the market depreciates.

Good talk.

WingedHelmet

Did you sell IF Benzema when he was high priced?
No, I kept him like an idiot. I was remembering last year when Matuidi's IF card was selling for ~100k during his IF week and then ballooned up to 300k+ after. I thought that Benzema's 50k increase would only be the beginning. Hah.

I'm going to hold him for a few more weeks though. We're only a eight or nine days from the end of his IF week, so I'm hoping he'll get back up to the 420k range. Right now he's selling for the lowest he ever has. I can't imagine his price won't rebound a bit.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
No, I kept him like an idiot. I was remembering last year when Matuidi's IF card was selling for ~100k during his IF week and then ballooned up to 300k+ after. I thought that Benzema's 50k increase would only be the beginning. Hah.

I'm going to hold him for a few more weeks though. We're only a eight or nine days from the end of his IF week, so I'm hoping he'll get back up to the 420k range. Right now he's selling for the lowest he ever has. I can't imagine his price won't rebound a bit.

Yeah, he'll definitely rebound and then increase. Basically what happened was the crash after a price fix, which caused people to panic sell their investments and further drive the market for him down. He's still one of the best strikers in the game and it's an IF card so the supply can't increase. With all the huge player packs and shit driving down the regular card prices he has to increase in value. I'd say within 3-4 weeks he'll be selling for 450k+ again. Just sucks to have 400k tied up in a stagnant investment, lol.

The lesson I should have learned (and learned last year) is that if any of your IF cards just start skyrocketing up in price over a few days, then it is probably the result of price fixing and you should take your profit where you can before the market crashes when the people fixing them start selling them off. Of course I sold AUbamayang and Lahm off for really nice profit when I thought they were being price fixed due to rapid gains, but they went up another 50k+ each from where I sold them.

jdlikewhoa

I have a regular Long card. When does his market rice so up so I can deal it for str8 cash homie?

EDIT: Rolling with this team right now

Looking to pick up Per Mertesacker to anchor (literally with his 34 pace) the D when I get a two goal lead and switch to 5 Defenders

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I've been messing around with different workrates and instructions for my CBs to create more of a staggered stopper/sweeper rather than using a flat back 4. I really like it online because people just aren't used to seeing it. They see my stopper step forward and they lob the through ball, but fail to notice my sweeper.

In Serie A I really like the partnership of Astori and Campagnaro. Astori has L/H workrates, which means he's always playing deep and Campagnaro has H/H workrates which means he moves forward when you are attacking. They both have around 70 pace so they are quick enough for cheap players. Then you tweak the player instructions to further highlight this difference and you end up with Campagnaro forward breaking up the counter attack before it starts and Astori playing deep to clear the lobbed through ball. Even if they manage to get the ball, you've got Astori between them and the goal while Campagnaro is now hustling back to ass ram them from behind while they attempt skll moves.

A few guys caught on to what I was doing and started hitting diagonal through balls to the wings when they got behind the FB but were held onside by the sweeper, but for the most part this completely stops the through the middle through ball pace whores.

In the Bundesliga the combo of Naldo (Stopper) Santana/Papadapoliououfaousd (Sweeper) combo also works nicely due to their contrasting workrates.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Guess I need to take a look at player work rates, foot proficiency, etc for tourneys? Getting bored playing the ai thus far.

jdlikewhoa

Finally picked up Per Meatiersack to play sweeper.

My favorite futhead comment:

"You may laugh at his pace but he will too when he resizes your striker's asshole"

WingedHelmet

Bought Cheikhou Kouyaté (5.9k) and Mohammed Diamé (19k) to round out my BPL Silver team and provide sub options when I need to kill a game or score a goal.

First XI:

Winning after 70 minutes:

Losing after 70 minutes:

Cheikhou Kouyaté is ridiculous for a 71-rated silver, and Abel Hernandez is still averaging more than a goal per game. I think a lot of that has to do with him being left-footed; defenders always shade to his right and I'm like :dunno:.