• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 20!

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
Just dicking around a little bit trying to get my FUT organized, but the gameplay itself seems super smooth and responsive relative to last year.

GuyIncognito

Also noticed in the Season deal that there are finally badges and stadium logos and things that are not related to any real team. One of the most annoying parts of FUT for me is having to use someone else's uniforms and logos.

jdlikewhoa

EA really knows how to make cucks out of people. Since the beginning of time, game releases happen on Tuesday. For FIFA, only if you buy one of the two more expensive versions, trapping you into the FUT trog cycle, you can play today. Works. Every. Time.

GuyIncognito

You can't create logos and unis like in DD?

No. Easily the worst part of FUT.

EA really knows how to make cucks out of people. Since the beginning of time, game releases happen on Tuesday. For FIFA, only if you buy one of the two more expensive versions, trapping you into the FUT trog cycle, you can play today. Works. Every. Time.

Meh. They take $6 off the game if you give them $5 for a month of EA Access, which comes with a 10 hour trial of FIFA. So I'll run out of free trial right about the time the game releases and save a buck.

jdlikewhoa

Bronze pack trading is the easiest way to make coin this time of year. With two MLS IFs in Week 1 I'm putting together the grossest looking squad to run with initially. Sorry MUT

jdlikewhoa

OS review makes it sound like the game is butt!
I only played a couple games, but I like the actual gameplay so far. It's much slower and less ping-pongy. It seems like theyre trying to reward slow build. Ive seen two sort of negative reviews and they mostly had to do with this change.

I assume those reviewers are 12 year old spergers.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Nope, apparently EA some 3vs3 and 5vs5 modes and decided to NOT make it available in pro clubs or institute a PLAYGROUND type mode, lol. MAYBE NEXT YEAR!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I only played a couple games, but I like the actual gameplay so far. It's much slower and less ping-pongy. It seems like theyre trying to reward slow build. Ive seen two sort of negative reviews and they mostly had to do with this change.

I assume those reviewers are 12 year old spergers.
Don’t worry the first patch will fix that right up.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
How am I supposed to know if i am playing a Neo-Nazi?

The worst players in FIFA aren't neo-nazis like in most games, they are 14 year old American kids that root for Mexico but only when Mexico is better than the US and have a hot mic because of a fan blowing into it constantly who answer phone calls while playing

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
This is definitely the most fun time of the year to play FIFA, lol. There is very little CPU assistance on defense, which I love. Lots of trash rebound and ham-fist goals, which I don't love... but THAT'S FIFA! I won my first online game 3-2, and there were only 2 intentional/quality goals compared to 3 slop goals that I wouldn't count in a legit game of Foosball. Still, at least the loose CPU defense even allowed the 2 legit goals, as they probably would have been blocked last year.

It'll get patched back to where pubers can just run back on defense with wingers and count on the CPU to be perfect at defense.

GuyIncognito

I am constantly reminded that I hate EA haha. I love the gameplay this year, and I can already tell FUT will be at least as gratifying as last year, but there are still things that just seem inexplicable.

1. I thought it was annoying last year that you had to enter a menu in order to switch your active squad. This year you have to go through two menus to switch your active squad.

2. There is still no free-form practice mode as far as I can tell. I really do not understand this. It cannot be difficult to implement and PES has had this since, what, N64? Even the "arena" thing, inasmuch as it can function as practice, is incredibly limited in terms of what you can do and even the camera angle you're doing it from.

ZackMills

Have mercy
@Travis7401 how does this compare to DD? I played FUT before but it was a long time ago (maybe 2012). Are there daily things you can do online (for me) and offline on easier difficulties (for Lenny). Can a 7 year old work the market on a website without accidentally overpaying?

jdlikewhoa

I never play online because I’m terrible and too many cheap goals. I’m going to make an effort this year though. So far lost all four games, 8-0, 4-0, 3-0 and 4-3. So we’re improving!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Travis7401 how does this compare to DD? I played FUT before but it was a long time ago (maybe 2012). Are there daily things you can do online (for me) and offline on easier difficulties (for Lenny). Can a 7 year old work the market on a website without accidentally overpaying?

There are definitely ways to make coins playing the CPU offline (squad battles). You play other user's teams for coins and it updates daily and then prizes are distributed on a weekly basis. They added a "seasons" mode as well, but the prizes are really shitty compared to Diamond Dynasty, IMO. Play a bunch games and get some cosmetic item badge with a cobra on it! Honestly, just playing games is the best way to accumulate coins. I recommend building a bronze team with high chemistry for grinding coins against the CPU on easier settings, lol. One major difference between this and Diamond Dynasty is that you have to keep signing players to "contracts" that cost coins. Bronze players cost can utilize bronze contracts, which are basically free using a "bronze pack trading" method.

I think working the market offline is where I get a lot of enjoyment. Building squads is really fun and completing squad building challenges is cool too (Similar to collections, but you lose the cards). You need a good amount of coins to really delve into this. I'd honestly say 20k coins is a good starting point for grinding/flipping players and the SBCs are mostly a net loss of coins to unlock some player you can't trade for or something like that.

The only thing I don't really like is playing online because I suck so bad it hurts, lol.

Long story short, I think there is more variety in FIFA cards than in Diamond Dynasty, so that is cool... but overall I feel like Diamond Dynasty was more fun with different game modes and such. FUT is pretty much just play games and grind coins.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I never play online because I’m terrible and too many cheap goals. I’m going to make an effort this year though. So far lost all four games, 8-0, 4-0, 3-0 and 4-3. So we’re improving!

I started with a bronze team and went 1-4, losing most of my games by a ton, lol. At least I made someone feel better about hisself! I wish there were still bronze and silver team modes, I get tired of playing against fucking 86 OVR squads of SUPER BEASTS the first week, lol. These kids need to put mom's credit card down.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Yeah, I remember the (dumb) contracts from when I played last.

I played the market a lot on DD, so I'm a little burned out on that but I honestly like the idea of letting Lenny do it some haha. Sounds like I can't build a competitive team online through just playing? This year DD was really good in that respect. Just by playing you could have an ENDGAME team if you stuck around until now. I guess EA won't allow for that.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You can definitely have a competitive team through just playing, but it will take a while and everyone else is already there! You can probably build a solid cheesy team with like 20k and you could make that in maybe 20 games plus some trading.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I buy the game on the 2nd day of non-early release and I'm already vastly behind

giphy.gif

ZackMills

Have mercy
Are you guys getting your asses handed to you because it is still early and the pubers are still considered your equals? In DD ranked seasons, right after release you could have been playing WORLD SERIES caliber players with the same rating as you due to lack of games played but once they ranked up levels beyond you, you really only ran into them in event games or maybe at the very start of a new ranked season. Getting whooped when I actually play and needing to play the market isn't all that appealing. I've always found playing the CPU in FIFA boring.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm hoping that's the case, lol. I also think my reflexes just suck really bad now and the pubers have gotten better!

GuyIncognito

I almost exclusively play offline and I had two pretty great squads by the time I gave up on 19. But I bought it way after the season ended. Right now prices on the market seem a bit insane.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oh yeah, I should mention that fact. Don't plan to buy and hold ANY normal cards, as they are at peak value currently and will drop in value for basically the rest of the year. You should be selling and buying new cards regularly rather than holding them. If you want to buy and hold cards, they should be In Form or other varieties of special cards that have limited supply.

GuyIncognito

Oh yeah, I should mention that fact. Don't plan to buy and hold ANY normal cards, as they are at peak value currently and will drop in value for basically the rest of the year. You should be selling and buying new cards regularly rather than holding them. If you want to buy and hold cards, they should be In Form or other varieties of special cards that have limited supply.

I still don't really feel like I have a handle on this. I'm selling anything that looks like it's noticeably more valuable than it would normally be (especially bronzes and silvers). But since there aren't many SBCs live yet it seems like it makes sense to hold onto cards that will eventually be SBC league cards unless they're selling really high for some other reason.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Sorry I meant normal gold cards when I said that, bronze and silver typically stay the same or go way up due to SBCs

GuyIncognito

There's all this talk about "sniping" cards before the prices "update" but I can't figure out what anybody means or how they know which cards are going to do that.

jdlikewhoa

The only time to really hang onto bronzes is when theres a low level marquee matchup coming. Just trading volume is more worth your while than holding onto them and trying to time it right. You'll almost always at least break even on Premium Bronze packs. About every 3rd pack I'll pull a squad fitness or two, or a bronze player that goes for $1,000+ .... I made $100,000 in transfer profit in 5 days and I didn't even really spend THAT much time flipping bronze packs.

Then, I scored on Pulisic because I picked up a bunch of those the day before he was announced as an OTW player. His price went from $2100 to $3600+

With all those WINNINGS I snagged IF Ibrahimovic, Nani, Abraham, Czerwinski, OTW Pulisic

jdlikewhoa

There's all this talk about "sniping" cards before the prices "update" but I can't figure out what anybody means or how they know which cards are going to do that.

I have no idea how people pick good cards to snipe. The ones I've found were by chance. I had this bronze player Hassoun that I packed. There were only about a dozen on the market and almost all were listed at $2,000 as the minimum BIN. There were 2 listed at $200. I grabbed those two off the market and listed them for $1800 BIN. Then just kept flipping the cheap ones as they came onto the market. Looks like the market has been flooded with cheap ones since unfortunately though.