• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 17

NML

If he's that good, then why are you complaining? 80k isn't a huge investment for a great player.

chibob

If he's that good, then why are you complaining? 80k isn't a huge investment for a great player.

Yeh maybe a bit of buyers remorse as I was trying to save for a Ramos...but oh well he is defo a decent add to the team.

NML

Yeah the frustrating part of the SBCs (and why having buyers remorse with them sucks) is you can't sell them haha.

If you bought Ramos and didn't like him for whatever reason, at least you can (mostly) get ur money.

chibob

Exactly!

I spent a ton on De Gea and Butland out plays him but is the fraction of the price so I sold him for 130k and bought IF Benteke for my PL team.

But that being said, Grey seems to do as much of a job...

Also my junk PL team with Andy Carroll up top smashes teams. He wins every cross

NML

We did it! @Milo

Seriously. I'd break something after that many games.

For me, the key is to break it up as much as possible. I basically have five breaks during the WL window to play - three naps and two nights. Which means I need to play eight matches each time, which is just about two hours.

Issue this weekend was we were out all day Saturday, so I had to grind 17 games in one sitting tonight. Ugh. I was actually 15-12, before I dropped six straight because I lost focus. Had to step away and do something else for an hour and then come back. Finished 18-19.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
q3iCWqE.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
We did it! @Milo

For me, the key is to break it up as much as possible. I basically have five breaks during the WL window to play - three naps and two nights. Which means I need to play eight matches each time, which is just about two hours.

Issue this weekend was we were out all day Saturday, so I had to grind 17 games in one sitting tonight. Ugh. I was actually 15-12, before I dropped six straight because I lost focus. Had to step away and do something else for an hour and then come back. Finished 18-19.

This is my favorite Nutopia post ever I think. Only sleep/nap breaks are accounted for, nothing else, so it makes it sound like NML is playing Cartman World of Warcraft style with his wife/mom bringing him Pizza and a bed pan :laughing:

Obviously I understand that the "windows" are longer and you only playing FIFA for 2 hours within that time frame, but the way the post is worded made me lol.

Last edited:

NML

The naps and sleep are babbies, not mine haha.

I play when errbody else sleeps so that my weekend isn't spent in full trog mode.

NML

Speaking of trogging out, here's the squad I'll have for this weekend league:

IMG_1250.PNG
I need to sell all my weekend league pack players so I can snag Nainggolan, although he's obnoxiously priced because he just had an IF.

NML

Got two WL games in this morning, won 6-0 and 3-2 in ET. The last game was one I've been on the other side of a hundred times - scored with the last kick of regulation to equalize and the last kick of extra time to win, off a corner no less.

Also FUTMAS starts today so they'll probably be giving away some free packs.

NML

Do you stream you playing seasons?

I haven't played seasons in a while since I've been in weekend league.

I think I went 11-12 this time. Started 4-0, then went to 7-4, then lost five straight before the start of that video. I just can't do a sitting for more than a couple hours without dropping off. Didn't need to play more since I won't be playing this upcoming weekend anyways.

I also hated the Hamsik IF. I sold him for a 10k loss, which tells me everyone else hates him too, because that's the first time I ever lost money on a TOTW card. He was such a twink and got pushed off the ball all weekend.

I did snag the Dani Alves TOTGS with my Hamsik coins - he's probably the best RB in the game.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I've got 32K in coins, where should I look to upgrade. Moses with someone seems like the most obvious? Save them up for someone else?

Attachments

• 2016-12-19_10-19-56.png
    2016-12-19_10-19-56.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

NML

I've got 32K in coins, where should I look to upgrade. Moses with someone seems like the most obvious? Save them up for someone else?

How do you like to play?

Moses is the obvious upgrade because he's the worst rated player, but ur play style would be a better indicator of what you need.

With that team, you should run a high press, and let Eriksen and Sigurdsson control the game in the middle, looking to pick out your wingers and Batshuayi in behind. I'd put ur wingers on the "cut inside" since they can both score and neither are particularly good crossers. Stay narrow and push high.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I try to ball control with passing to move up the pitch. I'm not a great skiller by any means. I try to mix it up speed wise as to not play the same style all game and be predictable. I do have my wingers set to cut inside. If I run into someone that is just heads and shoulders above me I will counter attack. Moses has been good for me though which is why I haven't moved him yet.

My bench of note is:

Milner and Herrera, Lucas Perez

Shaquiri does suck on crosses, as does Moses, so maybe looking at someone who is a little better at least in those departments. How much of an upgrade would someone like Costa or Vardy be over Bats?

I could always sell off a few players I don't use and will make up coins moving forward too of course.

Reactions: NML

JAR201166

I try to ball control with passing to move up the pitch. I'm not a great skiller by any means. I try to mix it up speed wise as to not play the same style all game and be predictable. I do have my wingers set to cut inside. If I run into someone that is just heads and shoulders above me I will counter attack. Moses has been good for me though which is why I haven't moved him yet.

My bench of note is:

Shaquiri does suck on crosses, as does Moses, so maybe looking at someone who is a little better at least in those departments. How much of an upgrade would someone like Costa or Vardy be over Bats?

I could always sell off a few players I don't use and will make up coins moving forward too of course.
How do you set your wings to cut

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
It is a custom tactic. Its somewhere in the menus in CM. In fut go to your team in your console and press Triangle on PS4, you will see a menu come up and speak of custom tactics and player instructions. You can set what you want each player to do and your team as a whole.

NML

My bench of note is:

If you want ur wingers to cut inside, then don't worry about crossing. I'd get a better forward for combination play, doe, since Bats is a better at being isolated with his decent speed and solid physical attributes. Maybe Lucas Perez instead?

Also, you will struggle sitting back on the counter because five of ur front six are basically worthless on that side of the ball. I wouldn't try that, or I'd get two different midfielders (Kante is good) or at least drop one and run a 4-2-3-1.

chibob

Just put my Benteke IF on the transfer market. I bought him for 59k hopefully should see him sell for 90k+ a tidy return.

Hes a good player but I seem to get just as many goals with Callum Wilson.

Gatorfan4life

UCF Alumni
dump your australian league players. part of the marquee match ups SBC. I did the other 3 fairly easily only to find this one was price fixed. you can sell every position except for ST and GK for 2000+

chibob

Managed to qualify for the weekend league.

That was a right slog though, managed to win it on penalties in the last game.

NML

You buy a team that can compete with anyone for 25k.

Use ur free players and run through a couple of single players seasons and get some coins.

NML

Played a bunch yesterday and currently sitting at 11-9 for this WL. On pace for Gold 2, which would be my highest finish yet (got G3 like six times).

My biggest obstacle are opponents who have the AI jockey me and then take away passing lanes. I can become predictable offensively so they are jumping all my passes.

I've gotten much better at user defending - which you have to do to finish in gold or better, IMO. Low driven finish is money too.

chibob

I also spent all my coins on packs when I was drunk over Christmas...best I got was a IF Jimmy Briand

NML

Gold 3 again, finished 18-16. NYE meant no fourty games for me, but gold 2 was possible if I could have.

I picked up Icardi's current in form for 60k, which is a massive steal considering his quality. His 88 strength is a nice change of pace from Giovinco and his twink frame, and he randomly has 99 jumping and heading haha. I went 6-0 after I got him, he just dominated the fuck out of all those Smallings and Baillys.

NML

Didn't think y'all were playing, no bumps in the thread since Christmas Eve. Either way, I've barely been home since the 17th.

Wife'corch and I played our first walk through game and it went okay. I feel like she should just play through the duels tutorials doe.

Last edited:

NML

So after bouncing around division 4, 5, and 6 for most of the year, I've made my way to D2 last night, winning the D3 title. Here's a few things I changed about my game that I think went a long way, @JAR201166:

1) not trying to sleep walk through games. With FIFA offline and even back to NCAA, I often play a game or two and then basically go through the motions if I play anymore. If you aren't playing a total scrub, you can't do that and expect success. I've also treated each game more srsly - getting a feel for my opponent's tactics/game plan and then adjusting accordingly. I'm a pretty rare higher-ish level player who plays high pressure, so people typically adjust to me midgame, and then I have to adjust again.

2) keeping my shape defensively. I high pressure for the first few passes, but after that - just like you would in real life - I'll drop off. I've started cutting passing lanes with my midfield instead of sprinting in to press the ball. Also, don't hold sprint as you make a tackle, that's how you get those shitty deflections.

3) using shield and laying off sprint when I have the ball. Pretty self explanatory, but this has really help me keep possession. Also, realizing I can't sprint past the defense. I've become much more patient in possession.

4) low driven shot. This is money inside the box. I still need to get better with it from 16-20 yards, and stop using it outside of that. This is where you hold shoot to power it up, and then tap it again to keep the ball low and driven into the corners.

I have a somewhat lofty goal of elite this weekend - it's entirely possible if I keep playing like I am and have opportunities to take breaks and keep my focus.

NML

Got drunk after work and tried to play some weekend league; 1-3. There goes my chances for elite haha

NML

Finished 18-14, my best record yet. Could've played the last eight and possibly made it to Gold 2 or even Gold 1, but wanted to play wizard cards with wife'corch instead.

Considering I played half the games drunk, I'm pleased. Not my goal of elite but I drank too much for that to be possible. Still think I can do it doe.

I've saved a few packs for TOTY which is announced tomorrow. I doubt I'll want anyone (unless Alves, Chiellini, or Bonucci get it), but it'd be sweet to pull one so I can get IF Nainggolan. Also have my fingers crossed for an IF Perisic after his brace today - I've got Insigine out there now and he's such a twink. And I'm on the fence about the Icardi card I was bragging about earlier. He's Milkman-like with his movements.

NML

Rumored TOTY

Neuer
Marcelo - Ramos - Pique - Alves
Iniesta - Kroos - Modric
Ronaldo - Griezman - Messi

Alves, DO WANT