• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

[FM17] Mr. Manager Napoli Vidya Dynasty

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He's back, he's orange, and he went to Napoli on vacation this summer! MR. MANAGER HIRED AS NAPOLI MANAGER!

Mr. Manager on vacation in Napoli shortly before being located and hired on the spot by Napoli ownership.
13886850_10102949867683503_7041064218400099500_n.jpg

30681767372_908acb9abd_b.jpg

The likeness is perfect, but Mr. Manager has traded his pink unicorn v-neck for a suit!
30697297411_f6edaf5d9d_b.jpg

Here's the initial introduction vidya. Will be doing recap vidyas at some unpredictable interval (aka when I feel like it) while also highlighting a few key matches.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I doubt it, I'm on the every 3rd year update plan and I've only spotted a few changes, lol. Mostly I was looking for the upgraded database, honestly.

I'm not going to knock them for not upgrading all that much in any given year, as they obviously have a game people generally love so they don't want to fuck with success too much by drastically altering anything, but they really haven't changed much at all this year and they are getting crushed by anger spergers because of it, lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Update:
Preseason was awesome, as we went undefeated and drew against Barcelona before finishing with another solid victory. We had our Serie A opener at Juventus, which was a real test but we managed to pull out a 0-0 draw. Then we won our home opener 2-0 against Bologna and lost 0-1 on the road against Chievo who are currently a surprise top of the table team with 9 points in 3 games. The first loss of Mr. Manager's career was tough, but getting that point on the road against Juventus was so key. The defense is obvioiusly playing very well, allowing only a single goal in 3 Serie A games, but the offense could use some work (especially the strikers).

So here we are back at it with Vidya #3, a Champions League match at Villareal! We drew a favorable Champions league group of Villareal, CSKA Moscow, and something called an Astana. I think this road game against Villareal is probably the toughest match on paper that we'll have in group play (though away at Moscow is no picnic either) so it will be good to get this game out of the way early. Getting points here would be an awesome start to group play and Mr. Manager is excited about this opportunity after facing some truly horrible group draws in the Stade Rennais dynasty.

NML

So the story behind that is you started playing right around Christmas time last year. At that point, I had basically moved into my mother in laws and was living with ma'wife's entire extended family (about 12 people). I was going up the fucking wall for an entire week and I kept sneaking away with whiskey drinks, while in some ridiculous hat or shirt they put me in, and watching the videos since that was popping on nutopia at the time. I got pretty into it myself - started reading up on Magic, learning about the game, and of course, eagerly awaiting ur next video. I didn't have a computer or laptop to play myself so those were my only chance to stay up to date on the fad. I probably watched some of them more then once (damn, I'm a loser).

So those videos were my escape from that Wife'Corch family hell. That soothing voice of urs will always take me back to those.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Been on a good winning run since the last vidya. Napoli's squad I inherited is really pretty solid and I've been #blessed that I haven't had any key injuries where my lack of depth (mostly due to all my depth being loaned out) hasn't hurt me yet. Milk Man has REALLY struggled, scoring only a single goal in like 4 games (and missing a penalty to boot) and my offense really struggled more than the stat line suggests during the run of play (most of my goals were coming from free kicks). Fortunately, Gabbiadini seems to be playing better and scored 2 goals and had 2 assists in the last two games, so he'll get the start in this vidya.

The defense has also been a rock, only having given up a single goal in Serie A and a single goal in Champions league group play. Albiol and Koulibaly have formed a great centerback pairing. Koulibaly is so athletc and covers so much ground that he's been great as a covering/CF style CB. Albiol plays a little in front and has done a nice job using his mental attributes to place him in the right place for a lot of interceptions. I was skeptical of Albiol in pre season when his lack of athleticism appeared it might be an issue, but he's been one of the top 3 players on the squad so far!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I might switch to something cleaner/darker after this season. I don't like the all light colored skins, but the current one I'm using is ok. I like that the colors are a little lighter than the all dark skins, but I don't like how the highlighted traits aren't very obvious in the player views.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I might switch to something cleaner/darker after this season. I don't like the all light colored skins, but the current one I'm using is ok. I like that the colors are a little lighter than the all dark skins, but I don't like how the highlighted traits aren't very obvious in the player views.

I'm using FLUT until the Virtex skin gets released. I really liked Virtex on 16.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Day 3 after Donald Trumps election and I'm still alive. I can only assume @NML has convinced his fellow trumpkins to spare me, so I must repay him by keeping the Mr. Manager content Hot n Ready.

Since the last vidya we've encountered our first patch of RUNBAD, with some untimely penalties and red cards given and then this game tops it all of with a classic football manager ending!

Hoping to turn shit around in coming weeks.

Reactions: NML

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Woof, another shit show! We lost to a 20th place Serie A team between the vidyas, now we lose at home to Villareal. WOOOF. Started off 3-0 in champions group play now we lose 2 home games in a row and migth not even make it out of the group. This game was frustrating

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
WE DID IT! @Milo Started off so well in Champions League group play, but losing back to back home games against Moscow and Villareal put us in a bit of a bind heading into the last game. Decided to go with a more aggressive game plan even though a draw should have put me through no matter what. Start off with a quick goal and then concede a fucking penalty (reffing lately, my god does Mr. Manager draw the ire of the refs with his criticism). Pepe Reina's save attempt on the PK (3:45 for Replay) looked just like @Keith1212 playing GK.

Milk Man's goal is so dumb, lol.

We ended up drawing Bayern Leverkusen for the next round. I believe this is the first time Mr. Manager has advanced beyond group play in the Champions League.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Big Serie A Matchup against AC Milan here... Thanks to that rough stretch of games we entered in 6th place with 33 points in 18 games. AC Milan entered the game with 36 points in 17 games, they are listed as 3rd place in the table, but they've played two fewer games than #1 and only trail by 3 points and they are tied on points with #2 despite playing one fewer game. Basically they are at the top of the table, considering the game differential. Fortunately for us it is a home game! The next match after this one is a home game against Juventus who are #2 in the table with 36 points in 18 games! Given the fact that we are already 3+ points behind the leaders and have 2 really tough games coming up, these next two games are super important!

Watch the vidya to see what happens in the AC Milan game and stay tuned for the next update tommorow to find out what happens against Juventus as well as witnessing our first TRANSFER WINDOW MADNESS!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Shit, Realize I accidentally double posted video 5 above. I replaced the second one with the correct vidya 6

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well we've finished up the transfer window, and this vidya covers TRANSFER MADNESS! Some major offers from big clubs unsettled several of my players. I managed to calm down Jorginho and Callejon to keep them without much work. I managed to calm down Koullibally from a couple of huge offers, but it required me to give him a major pay raise basically doubling his salary. He's a "Key Player" to my club and he was being underpaid, so I had no problem with this. Allan and Gabbiadini were both so unsettled that they demanded a transfer, so I got what I could for them and did fairly well. Dries Mertens was a bit different, as I responded to an offer by demanding WAY more than I felt he was worth (knowing I could easily replace him with $30M) and the other team accepted.

With those players leaving the squad I added several more players. My ASS'Corch doesn't have as high of an opinion of some of them, but I'm pretty confident in my 20/20 judging scout who filled several reports and watched these players for a the month. Ideally I'd have liked to have more time, but my scouting network isn't fully built yet and I was placed in a bind for attackers by the Gabbiadini/Mertens transfers and the fact that I was a bit short staffed at the ST and CAM positions to start.

Out: (approx $90M in guaranteed transfer with approx 16M in potential performance based/games played escalations)
Dries Mertens
Allan
Gabbiadini
Giacherrini

In: (Approx 61M spent with approx 10M more in potential performance based/games played escalations). Most of these guys are rotational starters who are younger and I was able to sign them to good salaries. They are all at least 2.5 stars at some current position/role and most of them have potential to get into the 3 or 3.5 star range with training improvements. My scout believed they all had the possiblity of a bit of potential growth as well, though my ASS'CORCH seems a little more pessimestic. Mostly I'm pleased to have added some good young depth while adding some money to the transfer budget and getting these guys on good salaries. I added 3 attackers + a 4th who will join us in the summer transfer window, the good news is that other than Babacar all of them are very versatile players who can play several positions. This will give me the depth I was missing at the ST position which will allow me to potentially add a 2 striker formation and allow me to withstand any further transfer raids this summer without having to panic.

Khouma Babacar - 3/3.5 STARZ, Rotational Starter, ST - Complete Forward, 3.2M/Year
Muhamed Besic - 2.5/3 STARZ, Rotational Starter, CDM/CM - Ball Winning Midfield, 2.3M/Year
Mbyia Niang - 2.5/4 star, Rotational Starter, ST/RAM(LAM with Training) - Complete Forward/Winger, 2.85M/year
Luan - 3.5/4 star, 1st team player, ST/CAM/LAM/RAM - Complete Forward/Inside Forward/Playmaker, 5M/year

Also signed a free transfer who will join us in July.
Saido Berahino - 3-3.5/3.5-5 (fog of scouting) STARZ, 1st Team Starter, ST - Complete Forward but can also play CAM/LAM/RAM in a pinch, $3.2M/year. This guy is more of a poacher type with good pace/acceleration... look to see him used as a super sub.

I've still got a good bit of budget left in both wages and transfer and I'll probably look at some of the free transfers to see if I can find some more interesting young players. I'll likely need to add another CM/CDM and a CB in the summer transfer window but I think I should be okay for this season (and then I'll also have to make up for whoever I lose in the summer).

After I go over the transfers I also play the quarterfinal of the Italian Cup against Torino. This game was a super lack of offense bore and went deep into extra time at 0-0, but I'll let you watch to see the outcome.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Vidya 10 covers some twitter backlash from a terrible loss we suffered this week. Twitter was apparently a key feature of this year's game, making most people who buy yearly very upset. Fortunately I use my God like mind and it doesn't upset me. NAPOLI'S DEFENSE IS LEAKY AS MY SINK.

Then we go to our away leg of the Champions League Knockout match against Leverkusen.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Travis' voice to me is just like a future projection of when he's overlord of HOMO MTN, but maybe thats just because I only watch the whiskey plays so I don't destroy the illusion from pro clubs.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here's something new! @osick87 and I decided to export our respective teams for a VERSUS MODE competition. This actually worked pretty well, minus a disconnect in the first game when Osick left the game to try and post a screen shot. I've already been through a transfer window and Osick's team is still in the initial friendly match part of the first season, but we were still able to export and play eachother pretty easily (though we did have to download FM Touch version of the game to our PCs to do so). Game starts about 6:00 in after we do some intial setup.

osick87

Community Liaison
So one downfall to $0 transfer budget is you can't pick up any free transfers due to not have money for miscellaneous fees.

3 man backfield here I come

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2nd Leg of the first knockout round of the Champions League... CAN MR. MANAGER MOVE ON TO THE QUARTERFINALS?

Home game against Bayern Leverkusen (away leg was 1-1 draw). Fuck negative strategy and hoping our away goal holds up.... We're coming out attacking!

MILK MAN IS THE HERO OF THE DAY

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
2nd Leg of the first knockout round of the Champions League... CAN MR. MANAGER MOVE ON TO THE QUARTERFINALS?

Home game against Bayern Leverkusen (away leg was 1-1 draw). Fuck negative strategy and hoping our away goal holds up.... We're coming out attacking!

It's Bayer, @Travis7401 . Is this what you do with your Monday's now? Have you gone into the bunker to prepare for the war?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I disrespect their team name before I trounce them, Hayvis, all part of the Mr. Manager strategy. I also proudly mispronounce all the player names because I'm an ignorant American and will never capitulate to European/African pronunciation.

Mr. Manager Pronunciation Guide:
Hamsik = Ham-fist
Koulibaly = Kai-booly
All the generic/anonymous Italian backups on my team = Luigi (but really I have about 8 Luigis, lol)

Mr. Manager speaks no Italian at all, other than "No," which is fortunately basically the same pronunciation in English and Italian.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Mr. Manager took a pragmatic approach to an away match against Inter Milan (in the top 3). Inter Milan also took a pragmatic approach, thus the match ended with 4 combined shots on target :laughing:

Thrilling stuff here!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Leaving for Tgiving, but if you really need to avoid family I've got vidyas 14 and 15 uploading now and they should show up in the youtube playlist when they are finished. Just click vidya 13 above and they should be linked to that. I'll postem here when I get back!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
It was a long offseason filled with strife and transfers out. Tried to keep most of the stars in the squad, and was mostly successful, but it is tough to fight off the aggressive super teams. Players just wanna go play for Bayern/Real and you can only tell them "the offer wasn't good enough" so many times before Real offers 3x their value, lol. Added a decent signing of my own, but it wasn't even replacing the quality of the player leaving. I've got a ton of money in the bank now, but also have a full 25 man roster thanks to promoting a couple of young players. I don't really have any "needs" at the moment, and I'm not really sure where I want to make an upgrade. My intial plan was to add more depth at wingback, CB, and CDM.... then I realized I actually had a promising young CB and CDM in the youth team, and I really needed to add some more home-grown club players anyway...

The preseason matches were a bit up and down, we did a tour of North America, which was fun. A bit up and down in that we had good games against the Mexican squads, but managed to lose against LA and barely beat Seatle. Then we got smacked by Juventus but we did manage to play a truly awesome game against Real Madrid and pull out an exciting 4-3 road victory.

This is a nice long vidya with some good season preview stuff, transfer discussion, and squad introductions so definitely watch this one prior to the new season! The game at the end is the home leg of our champions league play in match against Sporting.