• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

[FM13] NML's nUtopian/American Dynasty, by way of Milo

NML

Shout out to the late, great @Milo for all his HARD WORK WORK in preparing this database. He has previously posted a similar dynasty here. Give it a read.

However, due to Milo's death by way of marriage, he hasn't updated it in forever, but his glory lives on - through me.

Here's what is happening - I'm going to be taking a slightly edited version of Milo's database and starting my own corching career 20 years from now (well, from 2012). As Milo did, I'm going to sim 20 years (Milo did 15) to flesh out some early issues as well as create some history.

My changes will be two-fold:

1) I'm lowering the reputations. Milo's premise was that soccer is the king sport in America. Probably won't happen in the next twenty years, but a pyramid is possible. So this will put it more in line with current MLS-teams and below. Hopefully we still see growth with it though.

2) I'm giving nutopians a chance to hop in the game. You can make urself a corch or player (remember, I'll be simming 20 years), but make no promises about where you'll end up, other than that I'll hire you if I can.

If you want to be added, just give some basic info. Name, age, role (player/head corch/scout/etc), general attributes. If you want a specific job/team from the beginning, let me know that. Or I can just add you in randomly. If ur a player, let me know what you'd like to do after ur playing career so we can keep you around for more than just historical reference. Give me place of birth, too.

If ur unsure about where you can be hired, check out Milo's thread or google it (FM13 American Pyramid). Might be best to just give me a town and I'll place you on whatever club that is.

Simming will begin tonight so get those submissions in!

Just gon tag some soccer/dynasty people: @goblue96 @Travis7401 @DeadMan @Yankee151 @fignuts @Borman @Orlando @OU11 @kella @GatorTD @Karl Hungus @sois @Snorky's Shame @tab10

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Spanish American dual national wing/fullback age 20 with average league 1 potential, wants to be coach after. Any team is fine, name Wesley Aakino

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

NML

I should add, don't ask to be an ALL STAR or WORLD CLASS. We don't want to be positively affecting the USMNT too much.

Preferably make them as loathsome as possible.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Make me Mr. Manager, HEAD BALL CORCH obviously. MASTERFUL FINANCIAL AND TACTICAL SPERGING SKILLS but a crippling dependency on the booze.

I'M MOWIN THE AIR

Make me ur main rival, lol.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Spanish American dual national wing/fullback age 20 with average league 1 potential, wants to be coach after. Any team is fine, name Wesley Aakino

Holding midfielder with attack and aggression set to 20

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Make me Mr. Kella, First name is literally Mr.

Enormous defender with top US league potential. As much physical stats as possible. Zero ambition other than making money and crushing twinks.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Ok make my guy all offense, 5 foot with great finishing and like 8 in all defense stats, but I still play defense, just like my pro clubs players

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Make him Turkish American too, so reddit/mls neckbeards can whine when he plays for Turkey instead

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Head ball corch, Braxtinn Shackleford IV, any team is fine...high discipline, motivation, and technical. Low everything else. Likes to park the bus. Name implies attitude.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Just add me in randomly. Name - Spike Her, US nationality. Make me a head corch with a decent but not fantastic reputation. Either a free agent or on a club already, don't care.

NML

Make me Mr. Manager, HEAD BALL CORCH obviously. MASTERFUL FINANCIAL AND TACTICAL SPERGING SKILLS but a crippling dependency on the booze.

I'M MOWIN THE AIR

Make me ur main rival, lol.

Make me Mr. Kella, First name is literally Mr.

Enormous defender with top US league potential. As much physical stats as possible. Zero ambition other than making money and crushing twinks.
Ok make my guy all offense, 5 foot with great finishing and like 8 in all defense stats, but I still play defense, just like my pro clubs players

Head ball corch, Braxtinn Shackleford IV, any team is fine...high discipline, motivation, and technical. Low everything else. Likes to park the bus. Name implies attitude.
Chad Holmes
Just add me in randomly. Name - Spike Her, US nationality. Make me a head corch with a decent but not fantastic reputation. Either a free agent or on a club already, don't care.
Roger Murdoch, 6'7 goalkeeper dual national American-Ivory Coast

Excellent command of area, communication and decisions
Kicking better than throwing
Average handling

One of the teams in Philly area but not the Union. No NYC or LA teams.

Got errbody in. I'll post some screen shots soon.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Mister Manager looks nearly perfect. The only thing I question is motivation being at 8. While I agree with it being that low for Mister Manager hisself (his motivation style is off putting to many players) he always brings in TALISMANS to offset his own deficiencies. How does one account for that? I think you are correct to give Manager the motivation rating you did, but to me, Mister Manager needs a DOUGLASS TAGG to succeed (as has been shown in his with and without Douglass WBL record comparison), to me.

As such, I'm requesting DOUGLASS TAGG be included on the roster of whatever team Mister Manager ends up with. Just take whoever the shittiest player on the senior team is and edit him to have phenomenal leadership and personality traits and then make him captain and sign him to a 20 year deal.

Reactions: NML

NML

Mister Manager looks nearly perfect. The only thing I question is motivation being at 8. While I agree with it being that low for Mister Manager hisself (his motivation style is off putting to many players) he always brings in TALISMANS to offset his own deficiencies. How does one account for that? I think you are correct to give Manager the motivation rating you did, but to me, Mister Manager needs a DOUGLASS TAGG to succeed (as has been shown in his with and without Douglass WBL record comparison), to me.

As such, I'm requesting DOUGLASS TAGG be included on the roster of whatever team Mister Manager ends up with. Just take whoever the shittiest player on the senior team is and edit him to have phenomenal leadership and personality traits and then make him captain and sign him to a 20 year deal.

Well remember, for everyone, that ur basically the youngest in ur profession - corched are 26 and players are 17. So those numbers will improve. Everyone has a starting ability of 50 (about 7th tier quality) and potential of 110 (borderline first tier). Should mean that everyone ends up with long careers in the pyramid.

I can't really add Tagg to ur team since everyone is starting unemployed. However, I can make you guys basically BFFs and see how you overlap throughout ur careers. I'll make sure he's awful with 20 leadership/influence.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Manager Sailor Gerald

High Dirtiness and Pressing and Flamboyancy and randomly everything else.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Brock Landers
American and Irish nationalities
Attacking midfielder
5 ft 8, prefers right foot
High flair, creativity and work rate. Feel free to rng errythingelse.

NML

Hmm, had two straight crashes on December 7th 2017. Weird.

Let's see if third time is a charm.

NML

Had another crash last night. I think I may just have too big of a database (since it's crashing right around when regens come in for the US), so I'm knocking off the 9th tier for now. When I want to actually start playing I may add it back in, we'll see.

I've debated simming with just the top division or something similar since it'll take so much less time, but I don't think we will have the history of the divisions and clubs below, which is a bummer. So we'll try this again and then if it doesn't work, reevaluate after.

NML

Balls. Had two straight crashes in 2015. Seems more random.

Going to try with Milo's original file and see if that works. That should tell me if it's something with the computer or the file.

NML

Seems to be completely random. Did some research and it looks like FM13 and Windows 10 just don't play nice together.

So it may take a little longer than normal to sim, and I'll have to save often, but good news is that we'll get there. Simmed six years so far and hope to finish simming tonight.

Probably post an update to my career and to y'alls on Monday at work.

NML

Man this database is freaking brilliant. Can't wait to share all the progress with you'll.

Spoiler: some of you never made the cut, and retired very early due to a lack of work. HAVE NO FEAR! You will return as a corch using the real time editor.

Some people went on to have decent careers. Most bounced around the pyramid and are still playing 10+ years later.

NML

I wanted to let some careers play out to see what happened, but unfortunately a few people never got hired (I think all the players were signed, although some have moved to corching roles already). Since that happened, it makes sense to give them new life in the game.

I only managed to sim 10 years before I wanted to play. So let me know of any updates you'll want on any players/cities/etc.

NML

None. The pyramid is nine tiers deep and I wouldn't want to run much else. I added a CONCACAF CL companion (slightly different from Milo's) and that's it.

However, most of the US's best players are overseas (two at Man City, two at Roma, etc).

NML

Man, this is the most frustrating thing. I just can't seem to figure any of this out. Here's what I know:

- both Milo's original and my slightly edited DB have crashed multiple times at seemingly random dates
- the longest I have managed to get a save with my DB to go is 9 years, but it crashes every time in December of 2021. I've gone back to earlier save points within the same save, but it can't get past there. That leads me to believe that my edited DB can't make it past that date.
- however, it's possible that something happened within the simming that just causes this save to crash then, but wouldn't necessarily crash every save that I do. That seems like a long shot, however.
- the most frustrating thing about all of this is that it takes about 25-30 minutes to sim an entire calendar year, meaning each test of 5+ seasons takes multiple hours. So it's not even like I can check these things quickly.
- seeing how this database develops, I can't freaking wait to play and will continue to battle with my PC. At this point, it's a matter of principle.

I did try simming on my laptop, which has windows 8, with the above-mentioned save. It still crashed on the same date. I'm trying one last time before I just assume I've messed something up with my pair of files. My next move will be trying my edited DB with Milo's companion files, and seeing if that works. And if that still crashes, then I'll just try Milo's set-up, which clearly works and has gone 20+ seasons multiple times, based on his posts. Still, it's worth mentioning again that his file has crashed before, however I've never run it EXACTLY as he recommends.

NML

The matter of principle remains, despite the fact that this fucking thing refuses to run on FM13.

13 doesn't appear to be super stable on W10, so I think I'll move back to 15. Currently debating between rebuilding this entire thing myself on there or just making a semi-alternate universe.

Milo has turned from hero into hated rival.

NML

Thank the lawd for the import DB option on FM15. I think it's purpose is to use old editor files for 15, and it worked freaking magnificently. Only thing that seems to not have translated is jerseys and a handful of created people.

I'll have to do some work fixing the graphic file so that it looks pretty, but I think the heavy lifting is done.

NML

For some reason, non active Canadian teams were getting selected for the Club World Cup. lolwat

I'm hoping just deleting them will be enough, but we shall see.

NML

After weeks of testing and retesting and suicidal thoughts, we've made it. And I'm really freaking excited. This database is so bad ass and I knew I had to use it. Glad it finally worked out. On that note, if there's anything ur interested in knowing in the realm of this pyramid, let me know. I'll break down you'll, the men's NT (who is currently competing in the WC), and others in future posts, but if you have specific requests, just post them.

As for me, I officially entered the game in the beginning on 2024, unemployed and looking for my first gig. Nothing really interesting popped up during the second half of the season, and I didn't really want my first job to be a relegation battle. So I ended up waiting for the summer and seeing what opened up - enter this awesome club name.

club overview.PNG

EDIT: I initially started in 2026 with a different club, but most of you mongs died and were never hired so I decided to redo the sim, this time giving you higher reputations. Now, all but two of you survived (even thrived?), and those two will be mocked and then possibly re-enter at a later date.

So, I don't really know why @Milo chose to name them Spartak, but the name is pretty bad ass, and I like the simplistic logo as well. I wanted a team that had fallen over 12 years, and Madison definitely fit the bill.

Spartak Madison won promotion in their first year to the sixth tier, but followed that up by immediately being relegated back down. Another relegation followed the next season, but they pulled themselves back up the year after. After five seasons, Madison had never spent two straight years in the same division.

They continued to be a yo-yo club until 2020-21, when they then suffered back to back relegations down to the ninth tier. After two straight years unable to earn promotion back to the Patriot League One, they've hit some financial troubles and I've stepped in to clean things up.

finances.PNG

They needed a sizable bank loan during the beginning of 2020, though it's unsure why. They've never finished a month with a negative bank balance, although it's certainly possible they could this season. I'm guessing the upgraded something and needed cash to do it? They may have been trying to keep their place in the 7th tier, but instead suffered back to back relegations.

expectations.PNG

The board has some tough expectations, but I think they are all doable. Getting to the final of the Federal Cup could be tough if we get a difficult draw. They basically expect us to be one of the best 9th tier clubs.

I've set the club up with a big pre-season in terms of money, so hopefully we solidify our finances before the season ever begins. Definitely will look to win promotion this season.

Last edited:

NML

Time for our first update - Mister Manager! @Travis7401

mm2.PNG

Mister Manager's first gig was right away, getting picked up by Columbus in the second tier (American National League). Columbus was picked for a mid-tier side, but thrived under MM's direction. They flirted with the playoff spots most of the season, though their cup runs were less than great. Something that will become a theme in this post, Mister Manager left Columbus for greener pastures in February of 2013, heading to New Orleans and the Premier League. Columbus would ultimately finish 4th, but would fall in the playoffs, just missing out on promotion.

New Orleans was picked to finish in the upper half of the league, but had been in the relegation spots at times throughout the year. In his 3+ months in charge to finish the year, MM led NO to a 12th place finish and an appearance in the Sun Belt finals (which they lost). He was resigned to a new deal and made several changes to the squad during the summer window. Just two games into the season, he was enticed by the money of Washington.

This would be his longest post to date, holding it for a whopping 16 months. He experienced minimal success here - in his first year, the club finished 15th, down from 9th the previous year. He was however given another year, but after an even rougher start, he jumped ship in December of 2014. Washington was ultimately relegated to the second tier at the end of the season.

Houston became his new longest jerb, manning the post for almost two years. He took over an APL side that was near relegation, and ultimately consolidated them with a 15th place finish, though this was down from a 7th place finish the previous season. He was given another year mostly based off another runner up performance in the Sun Belt Cup. His second year was much more successful, bringing the team back up to the 7th place they had the year before he arrived. However, another rocky start in the 2016-17 season brought Mister Manager a first - he was sacked in December.

After spending 15 months in solitude, allegedly having a "nervous breakdown" and living off of "rat carcasses," he returned to the scene in early 2018 with Tampa in the second tier. This was where Mister Manager arguably had his greatest success as a corch - he led the club to their first ever promotion to the Premier League and a run to the semi-finals of the US Open Cup in his first season. For an encore, he consolidated the team by finishing in 15th and remaining up, along with a Dixie Cup final appearance. The tides turn during the summer as he allegedly lost the locker room, and left the team in December. As had happened before, the club was relegated the same season.

He moved to Atlanta in an effort to save one of the country's biggest clubs from relegation. Unfortunately, he was unable to do so and Atlanta went down to the second tier for the first time in history - Mister Manager's first time in charge of a relegated side (though it could be argued his third). He had shown enough to stay on, however, and got Atlanta right back up the next season. After a good start to his second full season in charge, YET AGAIN, he departed the club.

He moved to what he would call his "dream job" - coaching for Denver in the APL. A team expected to challenge for the title found itself in the mid tier, and brought in MM to clean things up. Arguably the top job since he was fired from Houston, he struggled to get them over the hump and ultimately the team finished 10th in the league, their worst finish in a decade. Still, Mister Manager was brought back for another season. However after a similar start to the new year, he was sacked in December.

A few months later, he had a repeat of his Atlanta task - trying to save a big club, this time LA, from relegation. History repeated itself, as he could not do so and the club was relegated.

The board hopes for the same outcome as Atlanta - an immediate rise back to the first tier. Anything less may result in back to back firings for the controversial manager.

I could post numerous images about MM, but I think this little snip was the best:

mm1.PNG