1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA 19

Discussion in 'FIFA Discussion' started by chibob, Aug 10, 2017.

1. wolverine318

wolverine318 Well-Known Member Mod Alumni

Team:
    Michigan
    Got it but have been away so haven't played. Will get some games in today.

2. Travis7401

Travis7401 Douglass Tagg Community Liaison

Got a KOULIBALY in one of my weekly packs, building a new team around some cheapo Serie A players

NML likes this.
  3. wolverine318

Team:
    Michigan
    Best pull is still giroud or rugani I guess. Yay.

4. NML

NML Well-Known Member

He’s awesome. I wanted to get his IF because it will hold value super well but didn’t quite make it

I use Kolarov - who’s also a good choice because he might get an IF - and Khedira who are both pretty cheap for how good they are. Mandzukic was okay while I had him, and he’s another who might get an IF.

Here’s the whole squad

BB9BF661-16A8-4844-90A2-D06CBB11590B.png

Only upgrades I’d like are Higuan’s OTW, which I’ll try and snag next Sunday during squad battle rewards release, and Koulibaly to pair with Manolas (but he’s not a big enough upgrade for his price).

We are huge and strong - everyone is 6’ or over except Cuadrado who is 5’10” and not really any other option there. Higuan sits in front of the back line as our outlet and we build up slow, with occasional runs behind from our wingers.

Only teams im struggling with are super high pressure teams with wingers, since the ping pong passing doesn’t work anymore. When they are narrow, I just play wide and accordion the game, but if they match up with a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 I’m passing the ball right to them too often.

5. wolverine318

Team:
    Michigan
    I've been going with whatever, but only have like 5 games in. Right now I'm using this which I have made to finish up the hybrid nations SBC.

Attached Files:

6. TrojanMan

TrojanMan Pink Panther Mod Alumni

Team:
    USC
    What the F happened to penalties in this game?

Haven't played a FIFA game in years, but picked up '19 on Sunday when I was walking through Target because my kids said they wanted to play it. Man, am I rusty. I've played 2 or 3 games on my own, and happened to draw 2 penalties.

Both times, the aiming arrow sort of flickered and then disappeared. And both times I barely aimed the stick down and left. I was aiming for a low shot maybe halfway between center and the left goal post. But both missed wide by a country mile. Did they change something in the last few years with regard to how to take penalties?

7. wolverine318

Team:
    Michigan
    Get gud

Travis7401 likes this.
  8. Yankee151

Yankee151 TWINK Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    I think the change was between 16 and 17, try doing one of the easy challenges to get used to the new system. You basically hold it for a second then let go, but its easier to learn with the indicators on

wolverine318 likes this.
  9. pavel

pavel fried foods world champs Utopia Moderator

Team:
    goofyfoots
    • Awful lot of ping-pong defensive tactics this year. I like the random bounces, but it comes at the expense of flow, IMO
    • Why on earth would you re-map buttons for no reason whatsoever?
    • Is it even possible to aim a goal kick in the old way?

I felt like the WC DLC from last summer was the apex of this series. Is TURKEYS still a thing?

10. NML

NML Well-Known Member

Haven’t played much this past week, but I did qualify for the weekend league so I’ll be giving that a shot. My team is good and I’ve been playing solid, but I’ve grown to hate the meta of this year.

7E9B7F8F-B7F3-4A86-86EE-C1E02497434C.png

11. chibob

chibob Well-Known Member

AD1099A9-CA35-4362-B917-E3564448D9FC.png

Was saving up for Lukaku but the Hazard SBC has driven his price up.

I either blow teams out at the moment or concede last minute goals. Minutes 70 - 90 become a grind

12. wolverine318

Team:
    Michigan
    Would like to get icardi in there. Jourghino has been great. I have a 2nd bundesliga squad, maybe time to stop with the fitness squad model as I feel I'm losing out late when not subbing.

Attached Files:

13. pavel

pavel fried foods world champs Utopia Moderator

Team:
    goofyfoots
    So is urrybody here just a FUT puber trog now?

14. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member Utopia Moderator

I pick up FUT every couple years if I get bored with seasons or career mode.

15. NML

NML Well-Known Member

Haven’t tried career mode yet. The addition of champions league does make it more appealing, but it’s always super buggy. Have to weigh playing the games and dealing with that vs Football Manager.

I’m always really into FUT for the first couple months, but then I plateau and I’ll switch it up. Division 1/Weekend League is just cancer and I can only tolerate it for so long.

16. chibob

chibob Well-Known Member

Fifa aren’t investing really into the other game modes so yes

17. NML

NML Well-Known Member

So my first weekend league this year was... interesting. Basically all my opponents were the same. EPL teams with POTM Lucas. Almost everyone plays constant pressure who somehow never tire. I started 4-7 and annoyed as hell at my play style and players.

Basically went

and sold everyone. Had just under a million coins.

Decided I’d rather play with players I like and how I want to play then try and play the meta. I’m not good enough to be top 100 anyways, so why try and play that way? I bought a team of discard USMNT players, who sat deeper and all had their chemistry styles to up their passing. I went 1-1, but Steffen was letting everything in, so I went ahead and bought the best keeper in the game. Also needed somebody for set pieces so I added two icons. Here’s the squad now

4B87DCA7-4404-4D90-B499-863405E79B8E.png

Deco just roams around and sets the pace for the game. Pulisic and FabJo give us a ton of width and we’ve got plenty of pace out there. Yashin is a beast.

Went 10-4 with them. Jozy inspired three different rage quits. I can’t imagine how happy people were to see this squad.

Only upgrades I’d like are an icon at left back and a CAM who can score.

Taking suggestions on new team names. Make FIFA Great Again doesn’t fit

18. whiteyc_77

whiteyc_77 The Skeleton Debator Mod Alumni

Even compared to other years, the press is way overpowered in this year's edition.

All they have to do is actually make fatigue a thing, or hand out more cards, and this shit would go away.

I'm sick of all the matches feeling exactly the same.

-YTC

pavel and NML like this.
  19. NML

NML Well-Known Member

I don’t mind constant press being a strategy, because it does exist. But yeah there’s got to be a fatigue issue there.

I think they did a better job with cards, but fouls themselves still seem completely random. If Jozy’s got the ball and I’m holding L2, they shouldn’t be able to push me over without a foul.

I actually like playing against it because I know I’m going to get 5-6 one on one’s in the match. Then it comes down to me finishing and not giving the ball away cheaply. It’s not really a viable strategy at the higher levels because people pick it apart

20. whiteyc_77

whiteyc_77 The Skeleton Debator Mod Alumni

I am able to deal with the pressure and I'm winning more than my fair share. Im just sick of every match feeling the same. I'd like some variety.

-YTC

wolverine318 likes this.