1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA 18

Discussion in 'FIFA Discussion' started by chibob, Aug 10, 2017.

1. NML

NML Well-Known Member

Yeah they released the new WC mode yesterday

2. OU11

OU11 Pleighboi Utopia Moderator

Team:
    Niners
    did they work on the AI? Playing as the poles and had a great game against Senegal where they actually built up solid offense and didnt piddle around. Sow finished an amazing cross that I couldn't even be mad at

3. OU11

Team:
    Niners
    Just beat Germany 1-0 in the quarters on a Lewanowski goal in the 89th minute. I think it's the first time I've jumped out of my chair since the drunk FIFA tournaments in college.

4. Yankee151

Yankee151 Tankee Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Don't want to buy Fifa 18 for this but am tempted. Is it just the tournament mode, no qualification?

5. OU11

Team:
    Niners
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just tournament. I haven't looked around at all I just jumped in because I already knew Lewandowski is my favorite player in 18, but I can't imagine they went as far as adding qualification.

6. pavel

pavel fried foods world champs Utopia Moderator

Team:
    goofyfoots
    What is the status of the mighty DONG?

kella likes this.
  7. Snorky's Shame

Snorky's Shame Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s just the tournament and it has a pretty big game breaking bug. You only get 7 subs and you have a roster of 40 instead of 12 subs and 23 on your roster.

EA mailed it in with this. Worst part is there will definitely not be a stand-alone game in 2022 (hoping we can get a modern version of FIFA 98 RTWC for that one) so we are looking at 2026 possibly for another stand-alone game.

8. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

I saw they tied Bolivia in a friendly 0-0 so safe to say he's not playing otherwise they would have won 8-0

pavel likes this.
  9. Snorky's Shame

Defending in this game is a joke. Players don’t react quickly at all. Maybe the game is better online, but offline it’s a joke. This is the most overrated sports game out there. Thankfully I didn’t pay full price for this.

10. doh

doh THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Team:
    Las Vegas Pac Men
    Yeah no qualification, no way to sub teams into the WC... just totally blows total joke.

I haven't played a console game in years but I Agree seems like defending is hard. Then again -- I don't know WTF I'm doing.

11. Yankee151

Yankee151 Tankee Stadium

Team:
    Yankees
    Custom Rosters and Tournament mode in Fifa 17 it is then

12. Snorky's Shame

There’s a custom tournament option that doesn’t show up immediately on the main screen where you can put in the US, Italy, the Netherlands, etc...

I really hate the fact I don’t have a 12 man bench in the tournament.

13. wolverine318

wolverine318 Well-Known Member Mod Alumni

Team:
    Michigan
    I wish I still had '16, I loved career mode in that and felt the gameplay was solid. 17 and 18 have been terrible. Not that I can't pick up '16 for the cheap someplace if I wanted.

14. GatorTD

GatorTD Male Mod Alumni

Kids cant buy FUT coins if they are playing a different game.

15. Snorky's Shame

I wonder how UT will look like in 8 years, shit I wonder how sports gaming will look like in 8 years.

It’s sad that the only genre of games I play is on life support just begging to have the plug pulled on it. Can’t think of one franchise in the genre that doesn’t have a significant problem with it.

16. GatorTD

GatorTD Male Mod Alumni

That’s why NHL game is goat. Sure they have a UT mode but it’s not the only thing they focus on.

chibob likes this.
  17. pavel

Team:
    goofyfoots
    That’s because Canadians are lolpoor

chibob likes this.
  18. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

Oh yeah and the guys with chickens clucking in the background on fifa are rolling in cash

19. pavel

Team:
    goofyfoots
    Croatia is filthy in WC online tourneys. Modric gets hat tricks every day against these Mexican jamokes