• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 19

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Got a console for the first time in years the other week and FIFA too.

WTF is with downloading stuff to play the game? The WC download I assume?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
did they work on the AI? Playing as the poles and had a great game against Senegal where they actually built up solid offense and didnt piddle around. Sow finished an amazing cross that I couldn't even be mad at

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Just beat Germany 1-0 in the quarters on a Lewanowski goal in the 89th minute. I think it's the first time I've jumped out of my chair since the drunk FIFA tournaments in college.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Don't want to buy Fifa 18 for this but am tempted. Is it just the tournament mode, no qualification?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just tournament. I haven't looked around at all I just jumped in because I already knew Lewandowski is my favorite player in 18, but I can't imagine they went as far as adding qualification.

Snorky's Shame

Don't want to buy Fifa 18 for this but am tempted. Is it just the tournament mode, no qualification?

Yeah it’s just the tournament and it has a pretty big game breaking bug. You only get 7 subs and you have a roster of 40 instead of 12 subs and 23 on your roster.

EA mailed it in with this. Worst part is there will definitely not be a stand-alone game in 2022 (hoping we can get a modern version of FIFA 98 RTWC for that one) so we are looking at 2026 possibly for another stand-alone game.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What is the status of the mighty DONG?

I saw they tied Bolivia in a friendly 0-0 so safe to say he's not playing otherwise they would have won 8-0

Snorky's Shame

Defending in this game is a joke. Players don’t react quickly at all. Maybe the game is better online, but offline it’s a joke. This is the most overrated sports game out there. Thankfully I didn’t pay full price for this.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah no qualification, no way to sub teams into the WC... just totally blows total joke.

I haven't played a console game in years but I Agree seems like defending is hard. Then again -- I don't know WTF I'm doing.

Snorky's Shame

Yeah no qualification, no way to sub teams into the WC... just totally blows total joke.

I haven't played a console game in years but I Agree seems like defending is hard. Then again -- I don't know WTF I'm doing.

There’s a custom tournament option that doesn’t show up immediately on the main screen where you can put in the US, Italy, the Netherlands, etc...

I really hate the fact I don’t have a 12 man bench in the tournament.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I wish I still had '16, I loved career mode in that and felt the gameplay was solid. 17 and 18 have been terrible. Not that I can't pick up '16 for the cheap someplace if I wanted.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Yeah it’s just the tournament and it has a pretty big game breaking bug. You only get 7 subs and you have a roster of 40 instead of 12 subs and 23 on your roster.

EA mailed it in with this. Worst part is there will definitely not be a stand-alone game in 2022 (hoping we can get a modern version of FIFA 98 RTWC for that one) so we are looking at 2026 possibly for another stand-alone game.
Kids cant buy FUT coins if they are playing a different game.

Snorky's Shame

Kids cant buy FUT coins if they are playing a different game.

I wonder how UT will look like in 8 years, shit I wonder how sports gaming will look like in 8 years.

It’s sad that the only genre of games I play is on life support just begging to have the plug pulled on it. Can’t think of one franchise in the genre that doesn’t have a significant problem with it.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Croatia is filthy in WC online tourneys. Modric gets hat tricks every day against these Mexican jamokes

bruin

Manchester City, preferred club for @bruin228 @bruin, me, and occasionally Travis!

giphy.gif

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I'll cop. I haven't played FIFA in several years, but the chore of getting PES set up with all the mods and licenses is too much for my old man sensibilities anymore.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
yeah, it feels quite a bit different than in years past- less scripted and more random bounces, player movements, etc. The new tactics are a little more clear as well