• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 19

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
YOUR BOY rescues the draw with this dime

#dimegod

worst2first

I bought this tonight and tried to start a career with a created player. Simmed through a year and was never selected to play. Transferred to a new club - never selected to play. Deleted that player and made another - never selected to play. In all of those cases my ratings were higher than the players that got to play.

:dunno:

worst2first

I guess I'm going to have to go down the slider adjustment rabbit hole. My team wins by four or five goals every game on Professional and loses by similar margins on World Class. I guess Sony San Diego is the only producer that can figure out dynamic difficulty. Fuck you EA!

worst2first

The OS community sliders seem pretty good so far. Shrewsbury Town won their last match 2-1. That's much better than winning or losing by five or six goals.

chibob

Substantial update dropped.

Has fixed keepers apparently. Shot power (didn't know this was an issue) and goal net animations

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'll be closer to Orlandos time anyway

Liam

Some of the popups in this game are annoying as fuck. The players to watch thing jut appearing by the scoreboard and being solid while im playing ALWAYS seems to get in the way of were im trying to play the ball.

NML

Who was asking for the opponents indicator to be shown online? Cutting passing lanes is almost useless now

NML

So I was watching a pro who was streaming on twitch, and I noticed he had the indicator on. So I tried playing with it and it’s a game changer.

First off, it’s ugly as hell. I’ve seen others play with it before but I was hesitant because it’s a huge eye sore. But it’s super effective.

To turn it on, you’ve got to turn on the trainer in ur settings. Then, in game, go to the trainer screen - it looks like this:

fifa%2018%20movement.jpg

Turn “show” to movement and indicator, and turn the bottom two options on.

It basically gives you a line when you are passing that shows where it’s going and the power ur using. It also puts a circle around the player ur passing too. It’s really helpful if ur struggling with those in between balls where ur passing to the wrong guy.

The two biggest helps:

1 - through balls. You can now pick the path you want the ball to take to ur player. Especially helpful on ground through balls so you aren’t kicking it into defenders shins, but also useful in the air to place it.

2 - heavy touches that result in delayed passing. Any turkey knows that you take that heavy first touch and the pass you had queued up is gone by the time ur player gets to it. So now you can adjust ur line while ur player is moving to the ball. It even works if ur pass gets taken away while ur hitting X - just move the stick to a new target.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
yeah ive been using it since the beginning. it takes a bit to get used to but it's amazing. one thing is since the patch passes arent always on target for my st since i have no passing traits. my RM still is accurate as hell though.

Liam

Wasnt that on from the start? Its always been on for me... ive just got the arrow, nothing else to show where passes end up though, but when it goes completely off, i just check it in replay and its pretty much never my fault which is annoying as fuck

NML

This is what it looks like if you use it how I’m describing:

1CFF1B50-D012-4FC0-A3D0-E7D00E599EC1.png

You have the dotted line to show you direction and power, and the circle around who is going to receive the pass. You can see he’s aiming slightly in front of him, but that player is still going to receive this pass.

You also have an arrow when you shoot that shows location and height, but I haven’t found it super useful.

Liam

I see that when i go into replays, i might try it out. I did wonder if it was possible but thought it might be too much going on and id rage easier when passes go way off.

Something else im starting to notice in this is that shoulder barges from the AI are way too aggressive, i feel almost every single one would be a foul IRL but its rarely given as a FK.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
go in and change ur trainer settings. it helps a ton because like leach said you can alter your pass direction for a split second if your initial aim is a little off. all i need now is to learn the x button and I'll be marginally less bad

Reactions: NML

Liam

Im doing fine without it so far. Anytime a pass has gone wayward, i just pause and check it in replay if its terribly off. I couldnt handle seeing the game fuck me over in real time

NML

If I could make one recommendation to anyone trying to get better, it’d be to get rid of the “game fucked me over” attitude. Sometimes shitty bounces happen, but they level out over the long term - online at least.

This is just another way to eliminate that mindset. When you visibly see how ur aiming, you’ll realize it’s not the game at all.

Liam

LOL theres a video i saw somewhere of some pro guy or some shit who makes 3 passes and they go completely the wrong way and then opponent goes and scores, if that isnt getting fucked over then what is

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You pause to check a pass while playing online? :Straight-Face:

I know that I hit pass and then preemptively make a move with the player too often and it makes the pass go in the wrong direction.

NML

Yep. Trying to play one touch and then starting the movement of the next player, and then the first guy taking another touch happens a ton. Or aiming correctly at first but either the target or passer moving and then passing into the defender.

Happens all the time

Liam

Ive only played squad battles so far, im now playing my first online game of FUT this year

EDIT: Finished, must say the opponent player indicator doesnt bother me since ive only played Versus offline the last 2 years. Players feel a little better online than over Squad battles somehow, probably because my opponent wasnt stacking at the back too like the AI does on the WC+ Squad battles.

Last edited:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
yeah ive been using it since the beginning. it takes a bit to get used to but it's amazing. one thing is since the patch passes arent always on target for my st since i have no passing traits. my RM still is accurate as hell though.
Hahahahahahahahahaha

ebarws6

stAy
Picked up the digital version of this last week, and am so far having fun. First thing that struck me is that defending seems very difficult, especially considering how useless the CPU is on defense. Offensively, I started using the trainer which has helped me a lot putting together attacks. Been having some nice luck with packs in FUT so far too, just got a Chiellini yesterday that went for ~125k coins

Snorky's Shame

So there’s no stand-alone World Cup game this year, just an update to FIFA 18 which is decidedly mediocre this year.

Fuck EA, I don’t wait for 4 years for this shit. I guess 2006-2014 is the pinnacle of the World Cup series. Only saving grace at this point would using the existing Icons in this mode.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Even 2014 was lame. Was only on last gen consoles and just a reskin basically

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Snorky's Shame

2010 > 2006 > 2014 > 1998 > 2002

Have soft spot for 2014 because it was the only game with my ancestral country in it (Philippines).

2010 is a contender for best soccer game ever made.

And yeah, I put off buying my PS4 for a couple of months when 2014 only came out for PS3.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The free 2014 FUT mode was better than the 2014 WC DLC, so I think just adding it on to the existing game is probably the right approach rather than charging everyone for a re-skin.

DanishDonut0

The free 2014 FUT mode was better than the 2014 WC DLC, so I think just adding it on to the existing game is probably the right approach rather than charging everyone for a re-skin.

I think that was the last FIFA I played, that was awesome. The birth of miTROGlou. Are they doing that again this year?

Might get a console this fall, watch out turkeys!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We'll never play your team. We reset the clerb if we get too "good" and constantly play these teams with 8 human players that dominate us :laughing:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We'll never play your team. We reset the clerb if we get too "good" and constantly play these teams with 8 human players that dominate us :laughing:

Really tho we just take so long in between runs that it gets deleted.

DanishDonut0

Son, I was meaning I would be joining the turkeys. I'm sure my legit team full of basement dwellers is still alive and strong somewhere on xbone, but I think I would go with the other console. I'll never forgot when we trained up @Travis7401 when he was multi-console and the flack he got for consecutive dribbles into defenders and passes straight out of bounds.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
You'll be pleased to know that "the 15th touch let me down" and passes straight out of bounds are still pretty frequent.