• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Feel the treachery in the frosty air? The Winter Meetings in THE DYSON SPHERE, NORTH DAKOTA!!!!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The WBL Winter Meeting Committee would like to invite GM-Owner-Managers and their family and friends to the 125th annual WBL Winter Meetings in the floating Dyson Sphere about the hell mouth formerly known as Williston, NORTH DAKOTA!

By 2071 the industrial machine known as North Dakota is one large floating oil extraction conglomerate/short jump space port (lunar orbit only) suspended above the Bakken Shale Formation.

Bakken_Stratigraphy.png

The Bakken Shale formation is one of the WORLDTOPIA's largest oil reserves, but is difficult to access via traditional methods. Fortunately, we moved beyond the fracking bullshit, thanks to Elon Musk (take that, @TonyGin&Juice) and just extract the oil directly to our space port with a swarm of NANOBOTS!

Many over the past decades have scoffed at our diesel fueled space barges, all while FTL travel has opened the stars to humanity, but as it turns out, there is simply no more cost effective way to truck raw earth materials to the lunar depots than ROLLIN COAL.

The Winter Meetings will be held inside one of space travel's biggest ideas: the Dyson Sphere itself!

350px-Utopia_Loading_Screen.png

Did you know? A homerun has never been hit inside the North Dakota Stadium THE DYSON SPHERE because it is a megastructure that completely encompasses a star, designed by Type II civilizations to completely capture the sun's power output.

So grab a friend GM and head to the 127th Annual Winter Meetings! Once inside the Dyson Sphere, make your way to the inside edge of the sphere where all North Dakota residents live and where baseball is played!

If you think you notice the visible surface sloping up a bit, and if you notice that there's no horizon at all, don't freak out -- that's normal! You're standing on the inside of a giant sphere.

DFrLtHg.jpg

Keep in mind that this device was created for two reasons -- to suck the power from home run hitters and to suck the power from the Sun. So be sure to bring your sunglasses! This Winter Meetings comes complete with a major blinding hazard!

F81U2z1.jpg

A joint collaboration between the Winter Committee Meeting, the WBL Commissioner's Office, and alien scientists, the Worldtopia Baseball League and their affiliated parties will gather at the 126th annual meetings for a week filled with seminars and league and organizational meetings.

For six event-packed days, the host Dyson Sphere will bring together front office personnel, trade show exhibitors and job seekers, all under one roof. Throughout the week, a number of notable events fill the agenda, including the Baseball Trade Show; the WBL Job Fair, presented by the ULG; the Banquet; the Bob Freitas Business Seminar & Workshop Series; the Awards Luncheon; and the Gala.

This year, the Workshop Series will feature several interesting breakout sessions such as:

#BAGSZN
The finest chefs around share their very quickest Szechuan Chicken Recipes!

Roleplay Time!
While planning this Winter Meeting, GM Radpants stumbles upon something he never knew existed -- Star Trek Roleplaying Communities. In this interactive session, participants can slip into a Starfleet uniform and blast back to 1980s scifi - how quaint!

Aberto, Aberto
In this webcast, attendees can watch a live feed of Aberto Amicis chewing sunflower seeds for hours, waiting for Game 6 of the Leagueship start.

and a live screening of a new film:
ESPSim Presents:
30 for 30: Year of the Scab

Two weeks into the 2070 Leagueship, the league's Omissioners went on strike. For the first time in the history of simulation sports, the GMs were not saved. Would replacement Os take the field? Will the league turn to "No-Names", "Has-Beens", and worse yet -- GMs whose name don't start with O? Tune in to find out!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I just love imagining gigantic diesel fuel space barges in world with FTL travel. It would be so american to be like that.... Improve the internal combustion engine? why?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Alright looking for:

SP, RP, SS, LF, DH... and especially power.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
PINKY IN HIS PRIME retires at 35 second on the all time bags list. Wonder if he or LEON get into the hall.

Wolfman21

DH Vincent Ashton - Really, really good vs RHP. Still on minimum contract for another season. Had a sophomore slump but so did my entire lineup this season.
INF Mario Romero - Good ratings vs LHP. I just don't have a spot for him on my WBL squad.

both of these guys are available. both on their 490k contracts

doh

THANK YOU MadKang who retired this sim.

He was the 1st overall pick of the '55 Draft.
2x Pitching Wizard
3x World Champ
Only Kasib has a better ERA amongst SP all-time
1st all-time in opponent OBP, 1st in WHIP, 3rd in OPS
2nd in playoffs innings pitched

Most importantly...
Set record with 45 IP in 2066 playoffs including making sure Halifax never won a title with 3+ relief shutout innings in game 7 extra innings win

THANK YOU

doh

Also he died at age 31 basically... I think I just ran him into the ground.

I've been been interested in looking this up: He was 80 stamina but between regular season and playoffs, his IP by year:

58: 224.1
59: 242.2
60: 240
61: 240
62: 257.2
63: 268
64: 263.2
65: 254.1
66: 273.1 (45IP playoffs)
67: 226.1

Wolfman21

Also he died at age 31 basically... I think I just ran him into the ground.

I've been been interested in looking this up: He was 80 stamina but between regular season and playoffs, his IP by year:

58: 224.1
59: 242.2
60: 240
61: 240
62: 257.2
63: 268
64: 263.2
65: 254.1
66: 273.1 (45IP playoffs)
67: 226.1

he basically pitched between 2-3 extra seasons over what your average 32-33 start pitcher would make.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Your lack of scout reminded me that I still haven't given myself a new scout after losing Gillelland last offseason. Maybe when I care enough to up my scouting budget I will get around to doing so!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|665x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=top|555x@}WBL News: Winter Meetings Begin
Wednesday, December 17th, 2070
As the hot stove crackles, Worldtopia Baseball League readies for Winter Meetings. GMs across the league will network with their archrivals over the next three days in the most high-stakes game of chess they'll likely ever play. It is a time for trade proposals, free agent wooing, rumor-swatting and good ol'-fashioned deceit to the highest degree. Feel the treachery in the frosty air?

This is also a reminder for teams to set their ticket prices for next season. Prices cannot change after season tickets go on sale at the end of the Winter Meetings.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

doh

Due to being blocked, shopping the following guys. Hales will take a bit. The two 3Bs come cheap:

C Robin Hales (gr8 OBP .362 LY, RH): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_8509.html
3B Bob George (LH): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_5914.html
3B Finley Buckenridge (RH, 50 contact/60 power): http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_5291.html
Straight cash homie accepted for Buckenridge or George...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm really excited that my payroll next year will be down to $25M! That's how the riggers field a playoff caliber team, by not paying them!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
"I didn't export so who knows how much I'm paying some bums. That said, boys, I'm interested in pitching," Radford says, as the hot stove behind him let's out an audible crackle.