• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Fantasy Football - Nobody cares about your fantasy football team so shut up about it

dirt

Trolltalitarian
Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 4.43.58 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 4.43.41 PM.png

I'm seeing QB heavy settings and I think that's a good thing... Kahlil Mack 5 sacks scores similar to Cam throwing 5 td's. But I'm pounding my opponent in champship right now.

I do enjoy dynasty football but the site is clunky at first. app was alright. we needed better managers tho... and I'm surprised how many people have no idea how to check weekly idp rankings. I can twerk the qb settings down next season but I don't have a good reason why I should. I would rather ratchet up db settings

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
We going to tha ship!

Angry pirates first ever title game appearance in only its second season of pay to play!

worst2first

Unless Kai Forbath kicks four FGs and an extra point tomorrow night I'm going to lose. I went 12-1 in the reg and it looks like two teams that went 7-6 are going to meet in the shampship.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I faced Cam, David Johnson, chiefs D and Antonio brown in a .5 ppr today. Probably going to lose by 60. Ouch. Not that I had a shot facing that.

Texacotea

Need Hightower to get me 20 an snead to do nothing.
Sat cincy D and walker. Poor team management has been my best this year

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Won my semi-final matchup (over the last 2 weeks) by 61.

On to the shampship. Trying to go back-to-back.

-YTC

dirt

Trolltalitarian
oh wow...

that they advertise to match your entry fee and then only after you give them your social security number... feels very 'scammy'

“The two people that lost over $250,000 had no idea that the employees of DraftKings and FanDuel were utilizing information about how other players were betting, nor did they know FanDuel intentionally instructed its employees on how to conceal their actions to avoid being detected,” Mr. Imbesi said.

http://www.prlog.org/12520222-two-p...duel-and-draftkings-retain-legal-counsel.html

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
oh wow...

that they advertise to match your entry fee and then only after you give them your social security number... feels very 'scammy'

http://www.prlog.org/12520222-two-p...duel-and-draftkings-retain-legal-counsel.html

Well the SSN is for income reporting, because if your gross winnings are more than $600 you'll get a tax form. The entry fee match doesn't reallly conflate with the SSN.

The thing people would have a problem with is that the entry fee match is earned over time, and you earn it by playing through dollars. For instance, i've lost net $470 and only received $32 of my entry fee match. You basically get $1 of your match for every $25 you bet through. I'm sure its in the fine print on the commerical and such but that is something people could be upset about.

Also, the stuff about employees of one site playing on another site is scammy.

I play daily fantasy sports but if you go to the message boards on rotogrinders or whatever it is interesting to see the arguments. The people that are making " a living" on it defend the shit out of everything about it. Some of them really have/had a bunker mentatlity. I started playing in October and would read the boards for teh first month and a half, especially when various states were putting heat on the industry.

If it goes away i wouldn't cry.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
Well the SSN is for income reporting, because if your gross winnings are more than $600 you'll get a tax form. The entry fee match doesn't reallly conflate with the SSN.

The thing people would have a problem with is that the entry fee match is earned over time, and you earn it by playing through dollars. For instance, i've lost net $470 and only received $32 of my entry fee match. You basically get $1 of your match for every $25 you bet through. I'm sure its in the fine print on the commerical and such but that is something people could be upset about.

I play daily fantasy sports but if you go to the message boards on rotogrinders or whatever it is interesting to see the arguments. The people that are making " a living" on it defend the shit out of everything about it. Some of them really have/had a bunker mentatlity. I started playing in October and would read the boards for teh first month and a half, especially when various states were putting heat on the industry.

yeah, I wanted to explain the entry fee thing better, but quite honestly I gave up trying to figure it out after a week or two... all I know is they got my money and didn't match it. You have to wonder about full disclosure in any fantasy format. I like the thrill of playing... but, I know it's gambling. Under a different format where you could only win annually maybe it isn't gambling. But, it's clearly wagering money on football picks and the house takes a cut.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

You bet your ass it's in the fine print.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
yeah, I wanted to explain the entry fee thing better, but quite honestly I gave up trying to figure it out after a week or two... all I know is they got my money and didn't match it. You have to wonder about full disclosure in any fantasy format. I like the thrill of playing... but, I know it's gambling. Under a different format where you could only win annually maybe it isn't gambling. But, it's clearly wagering money on football picks and the house takes a cut.

Do you still have money in the account? Did you play. You don't really see the match if you play alot because it bleeds $1 in at a time for basically every $25 you spend (on draftkings, fanduel may be different). If you are on draft kings go to "my account" and it should be on that page how much of the match you've earned and been credited with. I had about 20 games going this weekend and got some of the match money but really didn't see that my balance ticked up by a $1.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
I played about $200 over the season.. I believe they stipulated I have to give my ss for them to match me and I was like fuck it, not giving my ss# for this shit

Soonerfan09

Lawd, somebody help my set my lineup for Nutopian Shamship game. I have no idea what to do.

QB
D. Brees vs JAX
D. Carr vs SD on Thurs
Kinda have to play Carr, I don't think Brees will even play.

WR
L. Fitzgerald vs GB
B. Cooks vs JAX
T. Benjamin vs KC
M. Wheaton vs BAL

RB
D. Robinson vs NO
C. Michael vs STL
J. Starks vs ARI
I. Crowell vs KC
C. Artis-Payne vs ATL

TE
T. Kelce vs CLE

K
S. Gostkowski vs NYJ

D/ST
Cincinnati vs DEN
Houston vs TEN
Pittsburgh vs BAL (don't have them, but can add them)

Right now I'm leaning toward
QB Carr
WR Fitzgerald
WR Cooks
RB Robinson
RB Michael
TE Kelce
FLEX Artis-Payne or Wheaton, or start drop Michael and start Artis-Payne and Wheaton
K Gostkowski
D Bengals - This is an extremely tough one as well. Baltimore has two or more turnovers in every game since Flacco went out, but I'm not sure how much I trust PIT D. Don't really trust Houston D against TEN either. I think Cincy is the biggest risk/reward game though.

Just looking for opinions, I'll make my own decisions. Probably shouldn't even post this since it's in the Utopian league, but I pretty much back-doored my way in anyway.

51080619.jpg

dirt

Trolltalitarian
people in this thread: what is your method for picking players? how do ya'll pick your spot starts?

dirt

Trolltalitarian
anyone familiar with the roto tools? I would like to figure out how to use the advanced analysis better

MSUFanatic

Just use what is provided. By the time you figure out your unique way to project or determine scores you'll be an old man and won't care about fantasy sports. You can use R analytics fantasy football for a decent site to look at stats but honestly you aren't going to figure out predictors or come up with your own formula unless you are very good in Python and R languages and have a very good background in algorithms and statistics.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
are you saying just looking at the splits won't impact a 50/50 call on game day week 15? I feel like there are probably simple algorithms for going deep into the season with that would just be based on splits. Am I oversimplifying? I feel like that is essentially what the various writers I read from roto are doing... but they throw up lots of different tools that I kinda don't understand... I'm not a math guy at all. I did ok in statistics in college, but not a strong suit for me.

Heisman06

I need Brandon McManus to score 21 or I'm done. So I'm done. Big Ben and Martavis were no-shows and Brown was average. That's the downfall of having all your eggs in one basket.

Soonerfan09

If AD doesn't score again, I need about 6 points out of the Bengals' D tomorrow.
I sat Brees and Houston's D, or I'd have the game locked up.
:/

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Ugh. The Giants sucking so much ass meant Peterson spent much of the 2nd half on the bench. I could've used another TD or two.

I need 20.2 out of Emmanuel Sanders tomorrow to win the shampship. There's a chance, but I'm not feeling great about it.

worst2first

I finished 3rd with a win over my cousin. He had the second best regular season record so it was good to go out with a win against him but I should have been in the shampship.