• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

hayvis gonna hammer into these shit for brains EURO 2021 or is it 2020, who fucking knows. Where Ingerlish dreams will finally come true. Or not

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
It's international soccer. No one can agree on anything. The main thing was that people didn't like the golden goal (vs the extra time we play today) because there was no chance to respond, and the clubs definitely didn't want their very expensive stars playing endless overtime & risking injury.

Brick

The same reasons why CFB goes to a two-point conversion contest after two overtimes.
nah. PKs are a mental game/coin flip that have very little to do with the way the game of soccer is played. that is my issue with it. 2 point conversions are a rush to finish, but at least they are actual footbaw.

Brick

It's international soccer. No one can agree on anything. The main thing was that people didn't like the golden goal (vs the extra time we play today) because there was no chance to respond, and the clubs definitely didn't want their very expensive stars playing endless overtime & risking injury.
wouldn't golden goal shorten some matches that go to PKs now because teams are more likely to be aggressive in extra time vs. now because there is a sense of urgency?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Tbh I don't mind penalties. After 120 minutes the game is effectively a draw, so a coin flip result doesn't bother me. Players are so tired that the game would just degenerate into a mess.

Saka and Rashford are national treasures. Sad we didn't win for the team. Glad we didn't for the racists. Fuck this country. Honestly, trogs fucking everywhere, and it's the reason why Johnson is in power and everything is shit. It's inescapable as England is so small.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You have to remember too that Golden goal wouldn't have changed the outcome last night anyway though.