• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look Euro 2016 - every game is a draw

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't even know who he could have brought. Max Kruse was terrible this year and Alexander Meier is hurt.

Wagner scored 14 goals for Darmstadt this year. I mean, there's definitely not great options, but going with only one center forward in Gomez was a bad idea. Especially when you're taking someone like Podolski and pig jumper.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
And choices like that are why I think it's important to change managers at least every World Cup cycle for national teams. Coaches get loyal to players fairly quickly at that level, especially with all that pressure. There's no reason Muller should have been starting after the group stage. He was so bad all tournament. But Low sticks with him, even benching Draxler after Draxler had an amazing game against Slovakia. I'd bet Low would still start Klose But Muller has done so much for Low that it's tough to be that ruthless. Rooney playing central mid for England is another example. The last years of Bruce Arena, too.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
And choices like that are why I think it's important to change managers at least every World Cup cycle for national teams. Coaches get loyal to players fairly quickly at that level, especially with all that pressure. There's no reason Muller should have been starting after the group stage. He was so bad all tournament. But Low sticks with him, even benching Draxler after Draxler had an amazing game against Slovakia. I'd bet Low would still start Klose But Muller has done so much for Low that it's tough to be that ruthless. Rooney playing central mid for England is another example. The last years of Bruce Arena, too.

Shhhhh......stop your analysis, and whining, and everything else......and celebrate France's awesomeness.

r

Is that @kella in the middle?

DanishDonut0

Allllleezzzzzz led Bleuuuusss!! @TrojanMan

I honestly can't see Muller getting benched. Who would replace him? He had a pretty bad tournament but he's usually a reliable finisher. But he needs an actual striker around him to get his poached goals, he played much better with Gomez in.

It is pretty interesting how different his goal scoring record in Euros is when compared to the World Cup.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear Portugal and France:

Losing team needs to replace manager. Merci beaucoup, as you were.

Signed,

Le Hachiko.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Taylor Twellman is so bad. ESPN's presentation has been fantastic overall, but Twellman is an anchor on the whole tournament. I don't think he's said one thing worthwhile yet.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Coman on for Payet is probably the right move, but that is some balls from Deschamps taking Payet off.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Coman on for Payet is probably the right move, but that is some balls from Deschamps taking Payet off.

It was a fucking horrible move. He's just taken off the best long range shooter when Portugal are sticking 10 men behind the ball, for a kid who absolutely hasn't got any goals in him.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It was a fucking horrible move. He's just taken off the best long range shooter when Portugal are sticking 10 men behind the ball, for a kid who absolutely hasn't got any goals in him.

Payet hasn't had the space all game to shoot. The best player for France has been Sissoko, who's been driving and dribbling at Portugal. Coman can do exactly that. Plus, France still have Pogba and Griezmann who are really good long range shooters, too.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Payet hasn't had the space all game to shoot. The best player for France has been Sissoko, who's been driving and dribbling at Portugal. Coman can do exactly that. Plus, France still have Pogba and Griezmann who are really good long range shooters, too.

Let's see if they score. I get the logic, but they're not going to get through unless they pop one in from distance.