EA College Football (NCAA Football returns!)

Mame YO

slings rocks
How are ya’ll feeling about the CORCH trees?

Some initial thoughts:

You get 50 points to spend, but you only get to control your specialization directly on the coach you control. You can hire a tactician OC, for example, but you have no control over their points and they might leave in any given season to another jerb. This also means that it’s likely that you won’t actually get your coordinator positions maxed out before they leave.

Before I knew this I was thinking about which way to spec my three corches. Now it’s going to be about how I build my HC and then which kind of corches I should hire to fill my PROGRUM profile out.

To that end, I’m thinking CROOT coordinators are probably a good idea. Setting up with something like a Motivator+tactician head corch with CROOT coordinators that are easy to shuffle in and out during the offseason, and that way my tactician perks aren’t impacted.

One thing I don’t like about the coordinators choosing their own traits is that the BLOG states that a defensive coordinator won’t benefit from offensive perks - which is fine, but if the computer assigns them an offensive perk that’s effectively a wasted point.

Another way to consider HC builds is that it might be worthwhile to do something like 32/11/7, to get strong perks early in trees you aren’t otherwise focused on. I noticed that one of the stronger perks for recruiting is not in the recruiting tree (according to a vidya I watched) which seems odd.

How powerful will the specializations be? The BLOG says that to get “elite recruiter” you need to spend all 50 of your points in recruiting and recruit 2 top 5 classes but is that perk worth it over splitting your points?

It’ll be interesting to see how the build meta works out.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
How will I handle it if successful Astronaut HIgh Defensive coordinator Benny Boyd leaves? He was the successor to Jay Donnelly in 1987 as Head Corch and sported a 20-30 record over 5 seasons. He also taught PE classes I was in. This would change the trajectory of many lives.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
I thought there was no crossplay. Would anyone be interested in
How are ya’ll feeling about the CORCH trees?

Some initial thoughts:

You get 50 points to spend, but you only get to control your specialization directly on the coach you control. You can hire a tactician OC, for example, but you have no control over their points and they might leave in any given season to another jerb. This also means that it’s likely that you won’t actually get your coordinator positions maxed out before they leave.

Before I knew this I was thinking about which way to spec my three corches. Now it’s going to be about how I build my HC and then which kind of corches I should hire to fill my PROGRUM profile out.

To that end, I’m thinking CROOT coordinators are probably a good idea. Setting up with something like a Motivator+tactician head corch with CROOT coordinators that are easy to shuffle in and out during the offseason, and that way my tactician perks aren’t impacted.

One thing I don’t like about the coordinators choosing their own traits is that the BLOG states that a defensive coordinator won’t benefit from offensive perks - which is fine, but if the computer assigns them an offensive perk that’s effectively a wasted point.

Another way to consider HC builds is that it might be worthwhile to do something like 32/11/7, to get strong perks early in trees you aren’t otherwise focused on. I noticed that one of the stronger perks for recruiting is not in the recruiting tree (according to a vidya I watched) which seems odd.

How powerful will the specializations be? The BLOG says that to get “elite recruiter” you need to spend all 50 of your points in recruiting and recruit 2 top 5 classes but is that perk worth it over splitting your points?

It’ll be interesting to see how the build meta works out.
I always went with crooting in NCAA 14. Felt like that shit got OP'd after a couple years though.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
I didn't know they had cross play for any game modes. anyone up for a cross play league? I bet we could find a discord bot to keep track of W's/L's for us?

Schauwn

I thought there was no crossplay. Would anyone be interested in

I always went with crooting in NCAA 14. Felt like that shit got OP'd after a couple years though.

Cross play is reel, between consoles. Still waiting to see if this will be available on PC GAMEPASS/Cloud gaming, and if it is, is it playable with cloud latency.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
WTF is this coverage? Every receiver is wide open

1720552200802.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I always get a few every year and my go to right now is just cashing them in for Amazon credit because at least if I give it to BEZOS I have it for one big transaction rather than having to pull out 3 individual cards like a goof at the store.

You should have seen how exasperated the poor kid at Best Buy was, lol. I haven't made a cashier that mad since I showed up at THE BAR with a bag full of nickels to pay for cover.

adchester

Naz Reid
Man y'all are gonna be so sad when this game turns out to be just OK.

I'm gonna wait another couple years until a PS5 is $250 and this game is about $5. I only play VIDYA about 2 hours a month so anything more than that is probably not worth it lol

jdlikewhoa

I'm digging that there's only 4 6 QBs in the Top 50 100. It probably adds some balance to the game between offense and defense.

digs

sun of nothing
expectations tempered for this game as I'm sure no lessons have been learned in the past decade, but I'm happy I'll get to play some online football vidya with yall

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
The Heupel offense is really called the Veer and Shoot? That shit is like how most people play NCAA video games, lots of verts and the small collection of properly blocked run plays.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
There’s a D2 defensive coordinator is taught hisself Tom Landry’s Flex 4-3 defense. No one in the conference knows how to stop because its old and as a result no offensive coordinator has ever played or coached against it.

Ander1345

There’s a D2 defensive coordinator is taught hisself Tom Landry’s Flex 4-3 defense. No one in the conference knows how to stop because its old and as a result no offensive coordinator has ever played or coached against it.

Dang maybe the 46 could make a come back if it wasn't countered by the complex an difficult act of lining up in the shotgun.

Skeeter

Uber felon

Have they tried running up the middle?

Ander1345

Idk what flex even means. Is it that the DL will swap spots to get better alignments/matchups or do they just do a flex taunt before every snap for a boost to their OVR rating

Skeeter

Uber felon
Idk what flex even means. Is it that the DL will swap spots to get better alignments/matchups or do they just do a flex taunt before every snap for a boost to their OVR rating
For Landry it was the LG and RE would stand 5 yards off the LOS to better "adjust" to offensive blocking schemes. His doomsday D had all world atholeets on the line so it worked, but most teams you would just shove it down their throat to beat this formation.

It probably works in today's game because OCs don't RUN DA BAWL.