• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

Renegade

Charge on!
Unless FSU is going to get Stoops, Franklin, or someone else on that level, they should just keep Odell. Pay Briles and Leavitt whatever it takes to keep them and go forth. Working out for LSU having a guy who bleeds the team colors.

Brick

Unless FSU is going to get Stoops, Franklin, or someone else on that level, they should just keep Odell. Pay Briles and Leavitt whatever it takes to keep them and go forth. Working out for LSU having a guy who bleeds the team colors.
hello apple meet orange

Renegade

Charge on!
hello apple meet orange

Not sure what you mean really. Yeah, Ed is an elite recruiter, but he hadn't proven shit as anything but as DL coach prior to the LSU gig. Had that nice half-season as the USC interim guy, but that's it; hardly made up for how shitty he was at Ole Miss. He's a CEO head coach who sells the program and recruits. Aranda and Brady are doing the heavy lifting. If Ed had league average coordinators, they'd be 8-3 and talking about the Citrus Bowl as usual.

Odell may not be Ed as an elite recruiter, but he bleeds garnet and gold. He's beloved by the fanbase. He'd rally the fanbase and boosters as well as anyone. Briles and Leavitt are both douches, but they're also both near-elite level coordinators...Briles might be a little unproven still, but Leavitt's record is pretty damned solid.

I just don't see how Mark Stoops or pretty much anyone that isn't Big Game Bob, Franklin, maybe Campbell is going to be a better set up than Odell and crew.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Not sure what you mean really. Yeah, Ed is an elite recruiter, but he hadn't proven shit as anything but as DL coach prior to the LSU gig. Had that nice half-season as the USC interim guy, but that's it; hardly made up for how shitty he was at Ole Miss. He's a CEO head coach who sells the program and recruits. Aranda and Brady are doing the heavy lifting. If Ed had league average coordinators, they'd be 8-3 and talking about the Citrus Bowl as usual.

Odell may not be Ed as an elite recruiter, but he bleeds garnet and gold. He's beloved by the fanbase. He'd rally the fanbase and boosters as well as anyone. Briles and Leavitt are both douches, but they're also both near-elite level coordinators...Briles might be a little unproven still, but Leavitt's record is pretty damned solid.

I just don't see how Mark Stoops or pretty much anyone that isn't Big Game Bob, Franklin, maybe Campbell is going to be a better set up than Odell and crew.

I don't WANNA speak for @Brick but I'm thinking HE's TOM BOUT the situations TAKEN over vs. the PERSONALITIES taking THEMOVER.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Drew Lock shit talked Heupel and talked about how much better Derek Dooley was last season. :turrible:

You forgot the part where Lock basically demanded they hire Dooley solely for his draft stock and then his numbers went down and he didn't even get drafted in the first round.

Eh, I mean, Orgeron was a HC in the SEC for three seasons, so ostensibly he learned what didn't work in the conference, and then was a interim HC at SC and LSU for a combined season and a half, so he could learn how to run a big program. This dude has never been anything other than a DL coach. Yeah, it works out sometimes like with Dabo, but I don't really see that hire going over well with the FSU fanbase and if it fails, they're pretty fucked.

I agree that I don't see any of those big names coming, though. Does Matt Campbell really want to leave the Midwest (and especially ISU right now where he's beloved) to go rebuild FSU and if he doesn't have immediate success in three seasons, get fired? FSU fans don't want to acknowledge where they are right now (unless it's to whine about Jimbo, the only coach that's had them be relevant in the last 15 or so years). CORCH T was a garbage coach from the start, but I do find it really amusing that FSU fans wanted to laud his rebuilding jobs at WKU and USF and then didn't even give him two years to turn FSU around lol. I guess the good news for them right now is that Miami made an awful hire, too.

Brick

first off, booster and fanbase support can die in a matter of weeks. that means fucking nothing.

hiring a head coach for his assistants is a loser's game. corch O looks great with brady + burrow but what happens when brady gets snatched up? that is inevitable. leavitt is old and briles will be up for head jobs soon.

flazzu is a rebuild right now. they won 7 or fewer three years in a row. last time LSU won less than 8 games was before 2000. they have CROOTS locked in being the only state school. none of those kids has ever seen LSU do anything but compete for sec and nashnul titles.

flazzu has to compete much more for their CROOTS. coach O hopped into a loaded team.

you'd have to be pretty bad to run LSU into the ground right now. FSU is halfway there.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You forgot the part where Lock basically demanded they hire Dooley solely for his draft stock and then his numbers went down and he didn't even get drafted in the first round.

Eh, I mean, Orgeron was a HC in the SEC for three seasons, so ostensibly he learned what didn't work in the conference, and then was a interim HC at SC and LSU for a combined season and a half, so he could learn how to run a big program. This dude has never been anything other than a DL coach. Yeah, it works out sometimes like with Dabo, but I don't really see that hire going over well with the FSU fanbase and if it fails, they're pretty fucked.

I agree that I don't see any of those big names coming, though. Does Matt Campbell really want to leave the Midwest (and especially ISU right now where he's beloved) to go rebuild FSU and if he doesn't have immediate success in three seasons, get fired? FSU fans don't want to acknowledge where they are right now (unless it's to whine about Jimbo, the only coach that's had them be relevant in the last 15 or so years). CORCH T was a garbage coach from the start, but I do find it really amusing that FSU fans wanted to laud his rebuilding jobs at WKU and USF and then didn't even give him two years to turn FSU around lol. I guess the good news for them right now is that Miami made an awful hire, too.
Tbf, he probably counted on horseface having a lower draft pick than 7th as to go in the 1st

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lightningwar

Administrator
FSU is all the way there right now. We are losing to wake forest for fucks sake. With that said, Odell is not Corch O from LSU. Odell never attempted to progress his career towards a HC position. So I am not a fan of him becoming FSU's next HC. Nothing wrong with being a great positions corch. Odell has put a lot of DL into the NFL. But being a great positions corch doesnt make you HC material.

bruin

SOURCES:

Chip is standing strong on not firing his bros (defensive staff). Gave up 49, 52, and 28 to end the year (giving up 28 to CAL is basically like giving up 50+)

Higher ups not happy in WESTWOOD.

Average attendance was 42k this season at the ROSE BOWL. Lowest since moving there in '82.

CUPBOARD BARE? VERY.

He has to seriously make some changes on the defensive side of the ball. But STUBBORN Chip be STUBBORN chip. 7-17.
Can only go up from here?

Renegade

Charge on!
SOURCES:

Chip is standing strong on not firing his bros (defensive staff). Gave up 49, 52, and 28 to end the year (giving up 28 to CAL is basically like giving up 50+)

Higher ups not happy in WESTWOOD.

Average attendance was 42k this season at the ROSE BOWL. Lowest since moving there in '82.

CUPBOARD BARE? VERY.

He has to seriously make some changes on the defensive side of the ball. But STUBBORN Chip be STUBBORN chip. 7-17.
Can only go up from here?

As shitty as Chip has been, I really wish UF had won the Chip lottery.

Also, I did not know that UCLA had not always played at the Rose Bowl. I bet sharing the Coliseum with USC and the Rams was a bitch for scheduling.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Sitting on da beach counting his money.

tenor.gif

digs

sun of nothing
Likens was gonna have to go eventually. He did a serviceable job, but HERManos offense came out flat for the first half of every game this year. Better to make the move now while Jayden Daniels is still young I think.

Renegade

Charge on!
Chuckles out at South Florida. Such as a sad day for the UCF Nation. 4-0 all time against Charlie.

USF social media is advocating for Leavitt, Taggart, and a few people for Matt Grothe. If only those latter people were running the place.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
So Addazio is done, right? They were supposed to be some ACC dark horse last year and he did his best Steve Win Steve impression as usual and now he just let Kansas get their first road P5 win since 2008...and he got his ass absolutely kicked doing so

Correct! No more GUYS BEIN’ DUDES