• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corches Hot Seat Thread 2018

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Really weird timing

Obviously, the guy has been horrible, but pretty odd to fire him when he’s having his best season there and to do it midseason right before their best shot in years at K-State

Why not just wait until after that game? Unless they have someone lined up

coogrfan

The case for firing Coach (no)D'Onofrio:

UH D under Todd Orlando
2015: 53rd in total defense, 20th in scoring defense
2016: 13th in total defense, 30th in scoring defense

UH D under Mark D'Onofrio
2017: 89th in total defense, 42nd in scoring defense
2018 (to date): 120th in total defense, 96th in scoring defense

Last night UH allowed SMU to score 16 more points that their season avg and 14 more than their previous high against FBS schools. UH was down 17 with 30 seconds gone in the 2nd qtr.

Enough. :emo:

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Really weird timing

Obviously, the guy has been horrible, but pretty odd to fire him when he’s having his best season there and to do it midseason right before their best shot in years at K-State

Why not just wait until after that game? Unless they have someone lined up
Les Miles

coogrfan

Wait what?!?!

Someone hired Mark D’Onofrio to coordinate their defense?

giphy.gif

Opponent 1 downs:

Orlando:
2015: 26th
2016: 11th

D'Oh!!!
2017: 105th
2018: 125th

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I think Les Miles would be a terrible hire for Kansas. I don’t think he’d be innovative enough to get them to punch above their weight. I think he’d be a better fit as a stabilizer following a coaching scandal (say, Maryland).

Soonerfan09

But Kansas has turf so he wouldn't be able to eat grass.
I think OSU had turf then too....not positive though.

That was 15 years ago. He would get eaten alive in the Big 12 now. He also wasn’t that great - he was pretty much in line with OSU’s historical win percentage.
Who do you realistically see as a better hire for Kansas? There are probably very few things that you could say that would make me believe he is a bad coach.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Almost anybody? Miles’ offense is full trog ball and he relied on ridiculous luck and strong talent for his good LSU teams. He’s not going to get that at Kansas.

Kansas should really look at a triple option coach, to be honest. That’s probably the quickest way to negate their talent disadvantage on offense.

Soonerfan09

Almost anybody? Miles’ offense is full trog ball and he relied on ridiculous luck and strong talent for his good LSU teams. He’s not going to get that at Kansas.

Kansas should really look at a triple option coach, to be honest. That’s probably the quickest way to negate their talent disadvantage on offense.
They’ve taken “almost anybody” for every hire since Mangino. Having a known commodity at head coach certainly won’t hurt recruiting and I still think he’s a decent coach. The longer he’s away from the game, the less I will support this opinion, but I still think he would be the best realistic hire.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
They’ve taken “almost anybody” for every hire since Mangino. Having a known commodity at head coach certainly won’t hurt recruiting and I still think he’s a decent coach. The longer he’s away from the game, the less I will support this opinion, but I still think he would be the best realistic hire.

People on USC's boards are advocating for Les Miles, which would be pretty funny.

The thing is, his trog-ball offense would at least be embraced by those who still believe it's 1972 and USC can still dominate everyone with Student Body Left. One of the primary complaints about Twitter Corch's regime is how soft and underachieving the offensive line has been. Helton took over playcalling duties from OC Tee Martin this past week, and while some of the playcalling was still of the WTF grab-bag variety, he did stick with the run more, and one of our backs had a career 200+ yard day and another got 100 yards. The offensive line actually looked slightly better than godawful shitty.

Still, it was Oregon State, one of the worst teams in the country, and the Beavs were actually making it interesting for most of the game.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Les also needs to go somewhere where we can gape at the train wreck. Kansas won't do that, because it's already a train wreck and nobody cares about Kansas football.

coogrfan

giphy.gif

Opponent 1 downs:

Orlando:
2015: 26th
2016: 11th

D'Oh!!!
2017: 105th
2018: 125th

Thru 10 games:

2018 opp 1st dns: 126th

2018 opp 3rd dn conv % 111th