• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corches Hot Seat Thread 2018

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
You guys will beat CU.

giphy.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Doubt Brown would come to Pissedthataway, but thanks

I agree. If you want my opinion on who Rutgers should hire, it would be Dave Clawson.

Dave Clawson’s now pulled off the same 4-year rebuild at 4 different levels of college football:

Clawson, however, has done this a few times now. He just needs four years to win anywhere.
  • Fordham: 0-11 in year one, 10-3 in year four
  • Richmond: 3-8 in year one, 11-3 in year four
  • Bowling Green: 2-10 in year two, 10-3 in year five
  • Wake Forest: 3-9 in year one, 8-5 in year four
Clawson has done nearly identical refurbishing jobs in non-scholarship FCS, scholarship FCS, a Group of Five conference, and a power conference. That’s astounding.

Coordinator from great program thing with Ash clearly hasn't worked and though I think Littrell or Brown would be a great hire for Rutgers most likely, they will get better offers and you're once again risking hiring someone with no P5 head corching experience and both with under five years of HC experience overall. Clawson has a long track record of building programs, some experience in the area, and some knowledge of getting a program to bowls in a tough P5 division.

LANE TRAIN would be a good second choice. His resume is certainly spotty, but Rutgers could get worse and at the very least you're just as bad but a hell of a lot more entertaining.

Brick

kiffin would be a fine corch at a shitty power 5 but giving him another chance to not fall flat on his face like he has everywhere is a slap in the face to any number of corches who will never be given a single shot.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Good candidate Hermano @bruin228 .

I doubt Rutgers even makes a move this year. The university president isn’t big on athletics and I doubt boosters pony up the $10 million. Of course I am broke. I also like Jason Candle at Toledo, but I’m not sure how much of the success is his, and how much is keeping what Matt Campbell built rolling.

Another name I like is the Bucs OC Todd Monken. Thought he did a good job turning around Southern Miss post-Fedora

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Toledo has been rolling before Campbell, but it would probably be worthwhile to wait a few years on Candle. It’s been 50/50 on Toledo corches the last few years.

Monken would be good, yeah

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Why would Clawson leave Wake for Rutgers

He might not, but Wake is also one of the hardest jobs in college football. Rutgers is at least easier in theory and pays more as Mike said

kiffin would be a fine corch at a shitty power 5 but giving him another chance to not fall flat on his face like he has everywhere is a slap in the face to any number of corches who will never be given a single shot.

I mean, look who got the Oregon jerb, one of the best jerbs in CFB

It’s a CORCH CROOT world and we’re all just living in it

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
He might not, but Wake is also one of the hardest jobs in college football. Rutgers is at least easier in theory and pays more as Mike said

I mean, look who got the Oregon jerb, one of the best jerbs in CFB

It’s a CORCH CROOT world and we’re all just living in it
I will say this, Rutgers and Minnesota and a heck of a lot of other big ten teams are never going to out recruit Penn State/ Michigan/ Ohio State so you better have a guy who can coach em up.