• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corches Hot Seat Thread 2018

Brick

I think it’s obvious what I must do. Become an Oregon fan and bring my negative life aura to their fandom
this is the right move. i'm just waiting out CORCH CROOT to get fired. oregon's AD should be fired retroactively for hiring taggart.

Reactions: bjc

Renegade

Charge on!
Can we nominate coordinators? If so I submit UH DC Mark (no)D'Onofrio. The Miami folks tried to warn us about him but we didn't listen. Dude has set our defense back a decade with his passive, "bend and then break" style.

I really believe that if you run an up tempo offense that you pretty much have to run the equivalent defense, balls to the wall aggression to force negative plays and turnovers to get your offense back on the field.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
People need to quit measuring defense by raw numbers like yards allowed per game, points allowed per game, etc. need normalized stuff. Points per play, yards per play, efficiency stats.. like basketball. If you’re an up tempo team your defense is naturally going to face more plays. Gotta normalize by plays/possessions.

Or just say EYE TEST and call it good

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
They gave up 7 yards a play yesterday, which would put them at 110th in the country lol

I’m not sure there’s any metric that makes 704 yards of offense and 63 points surrendered good
I wasn’t talking about them specifically. Just in general.

Brick

question here is who is gonna win the Neal Brown sweepstakes. incredible no one picked him up last year.

Brick

he beat nebraska and lsu on the road. almost beat clemson. sun belt team. inherited a PROGRUM with 4 straight losing seasons.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
tumblr_mkj6n4zP6V1s7xct0o1_500.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Here to light the pilot burner under Clay Helton's chair.

Helton is, by many accounts, a very nice man, a decent human being, and exactly what the program needed after the Lane Kiffin years and the Steve Sarkisian drunken shitshow. He definitely brought stability, order and discipline to a program that was lacking in those qualities.

What he isn't, however, is an elite, or even a Tier 2 coach. He's a very good recruiter who is an average at best game day coach. As such, he will continually be in that 8-10 win twilight zone where he's just good enough to keep getting extensions to his contract, but not good enough to seriously compete for a playoff spot.

His coaching deficiencies were hidden by a first round pick QB who may have been the most physically gifted QB to ever play for USC, and even that guy distinctly regressed in his second year.

The new QB wunderkind looks like what he is - a talented, but raw and unpolished true freshman. I also see him repeatedly throwing off his back foot, even when he's not being pressured. It's making me tear my hair out watching him the way I watch Lonzo Ball shooting 3-pointers. Several throws of his against Stanfurd and Texass should have been interceptions, and besides his high school teammate, he has extreme difficulty connecting with his receivers.

Many will chalk this up to his being just a freshman, but I suspect his penchant for making poor throws will continue as long as he's in college. Hope I'm wrong, and he develops into a legit star, but so far I am not sure he'll correct his forms.

Bdub

You can add Kyle Whittingham to the list. If he doesn't win the south this year, there will be significant pressure to fire him. Utah has a new AD who has no connection or loyalty to Whittingham. The natives are getting very restless after the shit show that was the Washington game. Kyle is a top notch defensive coordinator and an average coach. An all around great guy who gets the Utes to a bowl game every year, but will never do anything more than that. There is great risk to firing a coach like that, but you have to risk a lot to give yourself a chance at great things.
If we are lucky, he will go and be a defensive coordinator in the NFL and give us an easy out.

coogrfan

Can we nominate coordinators? If so I submit UH DC Mark (no)D'Onofrio. The Miami folks tried to warn us about him but we didn't listen. Dude has set our defense back a decade with his passive, "bend and then break" style.

Why I hate Coach Don'tKnow distilled down to a :06 video clip:

We have arguably the best d-lineman in cfb, a 5* prototypical 4-3 DT. Coach D'oh! feels that the proper use for this once in a generation player is as a NT in a passive "bend and then break" 3-4, thereby assuring Oliver is double or triple teamed on every snap. :emo:

bruin

Here to light the pilot burner under Clay Helton's chair.

Helton is, by many accounts, a very nice man, a decent human being, and exactly what the program needed after the Lane Kiffin years and the Steve Sarkisian drunken shitshow. He definitely brought stability, order and discipline to a program that was lacking in those qualities.

What he isn't, however, is an elite, or even a Tier 2 coach. He's a very good recruiter who is an average at best game day coach. As such, he will continually be in that 8-10 win twilight zone where he's just good enough to keep getting extensions to his contract, but not good enough to seriously compete for a playoff spot.

His coaching deficiencies were hidden by a first round pick QB who may have been the most physically gifted QB to ever play for USC, and even that guy distinctly regressed in his second year.

The new QB wunderkind looks like what he is - a talented, but raw and unpolished true freshman. I also see him repeatedly throwing off his back foot, even when he's not being pressured. It's making me tear my hair out watching him the way I watch Lonzo Ball shooting 3-pointers. Several throws of his against Stanfurd and Texass should have been interceptions, and besides his high school teammate, he has extreme difficulty connecting with his receivers.

Many will chalk this up to his being just a freshman, but I suspect his penchant for making poor throws will continue as long as he's in college. Hope I'm wrong, and he develops into a legit star, but so far I am not sure he'll correct his forms.

You and I can recruit at SC, basin. Hell, I’m sure JAR can bring in top 10 classes there. As did Paul Hackett.

Heard Petros Papadakis say Monday on Petros & Money that 18 of the first 21 plays were pass plays. Talk about a way to get your true freshman QB going on the road..

Helton is no more of a WR’s coach at Arkansas. I’m dreading Lynn Swann coming to his senses and buying out his contract.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Why I hate Coach Don'tKnow distilled down to a :06 video clip:

We have arguably the best d-lineman in cfb, a 5* prototypical 4-3 DT. Coach D'oh! feels that the proper use for this once in a generation player is as a NT in a passive "bend and then break" 3-4, thereby assuring Oliver is double or triple teamed on every snap. :emo:

So...he's not winning the heisman?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
You and I can recruit at SC, basin. Hell, I’m sure JAR can bring in top 10 classes there. As did Paul Hackett.

Heard Petros Papadakis say Monday on Petros & Money that 18 of the first 21 plays were pass plays. Talk about a way to get your true freshman QB going on the road..

Helton is no more of a WR’s coach at Arkansas. I’m dreading Lynn Swann coming to his senses and buying out his contract.

Like I said, though - my fear is that Helton will become the Kirk Ferentz of Los Angeles. He'll be just good enough to keep his job, and while he's there, the program will not likely suffer any egregious scandals, so there will be little pretext to fire him outside of consecutive 6-6 seasons and getting swept by Juicy and ND.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Tick-tick-tick-tick....whoosh.

Fire lit under Helton's ass.

This shit is fucking sorry. I feel like listening to my 90s mixtapes again.