• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Copy of Larry Culpepper Golden Wax Vagina Trophy Championship - Ohio State v. Oregon

Brick

man, just watched all of the offensive possessions for oregon again.

to get 10 points in that first half was ridiculous with the way they were moving the ball. two drops on third downs early, and the two redzone stops by ohio state made the difference. oregon moved the ball very well on all drives but one.

and yet ohio state kept giving away chances.

two key stops for ohizzu:

oregon driving down 24-20. oregon completes pass on 3rd and goal out of the endzone. settles for field goal.

oregon down 28-20. darren lee, OH MY FUCK. literally makes three plays in a row and makes oregon punt.

after that the ohio state d buckled down in the 4Q.

really impressed by thomas tyner. he was trucking dudes.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
giphy.gif

Lightningwar

Administrator
tOSU held Oregon to 10 points off turnovers. That was the game right there. Oregons defense wasnt stopping anything without turnovers. The difference between the two playoff games was tOSU not allowing Oregon to exploit the turnovers. FSUs defense which ranked last in the nation at denying points off turnovers didn't. Points off turnovers for Oregon vs FSU 34, vs tOSU 10. If you want more proof look at the total yards by both teams. FSU 528 with 5 turnovers, tOSU 540. Oregons defense relied on turnovers to stop the opponent. If Oregons defense could stop anything they would be a terror with that turnover creating ability.

The other thing I found interesting about the game. Oregon never got into that crazy fast hurry up mode. They tried it a little here and there. But they didn't get it done. I actually felt in the 4th qtr Oregons offense looked gassed just like their defense.

Brick

Both games were very similar on defense for Oregon, yep. Still, the offense had plenty of chances to keep them in it and win by going on one of those runs.

But I'd rather face a passing offense than a running offense in that kind of game. Even if you are rolling, if you miss one throw or take one sack it can set you back and take the offense out of rhythm. When Ohio State was pounding the ball, there was really nothing Oregon could do but wait to get the ball back.

Oregon's offense just didn't finish drives like they did against Florida State.

After the first drive against Flazzu, Oregon didn't punt again with Mariota in the game. The 2 Flazzu stops in 10 drives were a turnover on downs and Mariota's interception at the half.

The Flazzu game was an exception with tempo, Lightning. I don't think I've seen them try to go that fast since Kelly was there. I think they saw on tape that Flazzu was not prepared for something like that and went after it.

Last edited:

Lightningwar

Administrator
It felt like they went that fast against MSU towards the end of the 3rd qtr into the 4th. I think Oregon scored 28 points in about 5 mins?

I really like watching Oregon. Just too bad in MN we don't usually get their games. So my exposure to them is limited.

Brick

I really like watching Oregon. Just too bad in MN we don't usually get their games. So my exposure to them is limited.
the only three games that weren't nationally televised on ESPN, FOX, ABC, or FOX SPORTS 1 were south dakota, wyoming, and colorado. those games were on the pac-12 network.