• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Conference Constipation Thread 2.0

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
TigerDroppings for LSU follows the same formula. Reactionaries and casual racism, and it goes beyond the Politics forum too.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
DEFECTOR!

6ktHxo9.png

Renegade

Charge on!
If you want to read some funny shit...

This was posted today by the Texas Tech publisher:

I cannot confirm all of the details below and, therefore, I am not reporting the following. I want to be very clear about that. But you all subscribe to RRS in large part because you want an inside look at what is going on with Texas Tech athletics, and there's obviously a lot going on. This is an instance, and there will likely be more instances like this in the coming days and weeks, where I feel good enough about certain details lining up with what I've heard elsewhere to pass it along. Let's call it informed chatter.

I spoke with a long-time source with close ties to Oklahoma State today. Here's what he told me:

... Mike Holder, Oklahoma State's former athletic director, has been working with various individuals at Texas Tech with the objective of getting the Red Raiders and Cowboys into the Pac-12.

... Oklahoma State may have a chance at a Big Ten invitation.

... If Oklahoma State goes to the Pac-12 with Texas Tech, it would likely be as part of a foursome that includes Kansas and Kansas State.

... If Oklahoma State ends up in the Big Ten, then Texas Tech, TCU and two others would end up in the Pac-12.

... The source thinks that Oklahoma State wants to stay linked with Texas Tech but that only happens with the Pac-12.

... The reports that the Big Ten is considering USC is great news for Texas Tech and possibly Oklahoma State because Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff will want to keep USC happy and expansion into Texas does that.

... Nothing will happen until the SEC officially accepts Oklahoma and Texas as members, which could happen on Friday at some point. That will get the ball rolling.

So in summation, what will keep USC is happy is being able to play in Lubbock and Stillwater once every 3-5 years. And all the Tech fans want to believe that the PAC-16 proposal was about them and not just about the PAC getting Texas and OU and filling in travel partners.

coogrfan

All of it
At least you're honest about it. But is it really worth shitting on relationships that go back a century just to go from 8th in revenue to 5th or 6th?

I'm not surprised the Horns would do something like this; "Fuck ya'll" is practically their school motto. But OU? WTH?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
But really it's not rankings that matter it's the number. If you're 8th and you make $50m and you go to the SEC and now you're 9th but you're making $70m, that's quite a bit better. They believe that number to be substantial and they probably aren't wrong until Saban delivers the death blow to college football.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
How do they explain the decline in futbol youth participation rates?

Immigrants, specifically those from countries that don't produce 300-pound brawny mofos that can run a 4.5 40, but instead produce spelling bee Champs and software engineers, or alternatively immigrants from countries who look up to a 5-7, 135 pound Argentinian as the pinnacle of athleticism in their sport, or feminists who have led to the pussification of America, or filthy lawyers who litigate CTE lawsuits.

At least that's on the USC boards. Probably much worse elsewhere.

Snorky's Shame

Immigrants, specifically those from countries that don't produce 300-pound brawny mofos that can run a 4.5 40, but instead produce spelling bee Champs and software engineers, or alternatively immigrants from countries who look up to a 5-7, 135 pound Argentinian as the pinnacle of athleticism in their sport, or feminists who have led to the pussification of America, or filthy lawyers who litigate CTE lawsuits.

At least that's on the USC boards. Probably much worse elsewhere.

I don’t know how it is elsewhere, but in Chicagoland we are 10-20 years away of a big public school (non-CPS) dropping football because of lack of interest.

Morton (8,200 students) and Waukegan (4,600 students) are the two biggest schools in the state. But the demographics of both of those schools are 80%-90% Hispanic and they struggle with interest because of low numbers. It takes one school like that to drop the sport and then others will follow.

EDIT: Morton is actually a combination of Morton East and Morton West. Both of those schools alone would be top 5 enrollments if they fielded separate teams.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I always thought mountain time would be the sweet spot for sports viewing purposes. PST everything starts too early. EST and games don't get over until after midnight. CST is good but I usually have to make a decision around half-time whether a game is worth staying up for or not.

When I lived in Utah, I thought it was the best. All the big games started at a decent hour and I could still get good sleep. Despite only being an hour difference, living in Houston I hate that those games start later and mean I get less sleep with work the next day.

Renegade

Charge on!
My long term source tells me that Syracuse and UConn are more likely to be added to the Big Ten than anyone west of the Mississippi

Nothing says counterattack to two elite FB programs joining the SEC like adding two basketball schools that happen to have football teams with a ceiling of around 7-8 wins most years. Syracuse is never going to be a major power in football again, and they are locked into the long-term ACC grant of rights. UConn's buyout for the Big East is massive and triggers the moment they even talk to another conference. Regardless, I can't see why the B1G would care about either school at this point. The Big Ten Network subscriber fee isn't going to drive this.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Nothing says counterattack to two elite FB programs joining the SEC like adding two basketball schools that happen to have football teams with a ceiling of around 7-8 wins most years. Syracuse is never going to be a major power in football again, and they are locked into the long-term ACC grant of rights. UConn's buyout for the Big East is massive and triggers the moment they even talk to another conference. Regardless, I can't see why the B1G would care about either school at this point. The Big Ten Network subscriber fee isn't going to drive this.
Lighten up Francis, it was a joke. OK State has zero shot at the Big Ten