• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Conference Constipation Thread 2.0

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I know a number of JMU people (because the big 4 mgmt consultings around here are populated entirely by JMU and PSU grads) and only one of them is like that. She is just insanely fairweather, but when her teams are good she is like omnipresent on all social media never shutting up. She's a Giants fan though lol so haven't heard much of her the past 5 years other than that JMU FCS natty

Renegade

Charge on!

Love it! I’m totally on board with just leaning right into the heel role. I was hoping the Big 12 team would be Texas telling us how to be the heel in the conference.

Renegade

Charge on!
To be fair it’s McMurphy. Might as well be Clownzano or Politi.

He has a lot of clown takes, but I feel like when he reports leaks and such, it tends to be accurate. I don't really get this move from CSU's perspective, but hey, they can't get much worse. Maybe some more money will let them fire Addazio and then hire another failure to take over and get more of the same results.

Renegade

Charge on!
So what does the AAC do now? Hopefully fuck off and die

Help out CUSA with their 14-team problem. UAB seems almost certain. After that, probably a combination of actual upside like UTSA and only imaginary upside like Charlotte. Plus I’m sure the presidents will pat themselves on the back about their academic prestige by adding Rice.

They’ll completely ignore small market schools that are actually good at football like App State.

Renegade

Charge on!
They should add Coastal Carolina and FIU

Why? Coastal is the flavor of the day. Two excellent coaches back to back, and they have the smallest or second smallest budget in FBS. I doubt they can sustain what they’re doing right now.

And why FIU? Just a big high school stadium with no fans. Maybe they’ll gain some alumni fans now that Miami sucks just as hard. I’m sure USF will block any Florida team anyway.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Why? Coastal is the flavor of the day. Two excellent coaches back to back, and they have the smallest or second smallest budget in FBS. I doubt they can sustain what they’re doing right now.

And why FIU? Just a big high school stadium with no fans. Maybe they’ll gain some alumni fans now that Miami sucks just as hard. I’m sure USF will block any Florida team anyway.
Anyone should want to make road trips to Myrtle Beach and Del Boca Vista

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
UAB? Wasn't that program like $200 from shutting down a few years ago?

Snorky's Shame

AAC East: Alabama-Birmingham, Charlotte, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Memphis, South Florida, Temple

AAC West: Navy (FB only), North Texas, Rice, Southern Methodist, Texas-San Antonio, Tulane, Tulsa

BB/Olympic Sports only: Wichita State

C-USA: Florida International, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion, Southern Mississippi, Texas-El Paso, Western Kentucky

I don’t know which school is a bigger outlier at this point, Temple or Texas-El Paso. And to think both were in major conferences in the 90’s.

Also poor Southern Mississippi, only team left in C-USA from when it was formed in 1996.

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
They were even dropped from College Football Revamped!

Yeah, they dropped UMass as well for Georgia Southern. I think NMSU was replaced by Coastal. I’d rather have complete conferences than bad independent teams anyway. Though it wouldn’t bother me if they killed a MAC team for Liberty.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Noted JMU anti-fan @goblue96 is infuriated at this news

2rjj6w.jpg

Snorky's Shame

So if Southern Mississippi, Old Dominion and Marshall go to the Sun Belt and the rumor of Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky to the MAC is true that leaves:

Florida International
Louisiana Tech
Texas-El Paso

Maybe Louisiana Tech and Texas-El Paso along with New Mexico State can convince the WAC to go FBS.
Florida International can convince another school seemingly uninterested in fielding a competitive football team (cough Miami cough) to drop football and just schedule 12 mass brawls during the fall.

I’m taking great joy in Louisiana Tech getting screwed by the way. Too good for the UL’s huh?

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

OG C-USA was awesome

Marquette
DePaul
Saint Louis
Cincinnati
Louisville
Memphis
Charlotte
South Florida
Alabama-Birmingham
Southern Mississippi
Tulane
Houston

I just remember being excited to see Louisville be in the same conference as the Great Midwest schools (minus Dayton).

Once the Big East took Cincinnati, Louisville and South Florida and C-USA kicked out the non-FB schools (Charlotte, DePaul, Marquette and Saint Louis), the conference wasn’t the same.

Renegade

Charge on!
So if Southern Mississippi, Old Dominion and Marshall go to the Sun Belt and the rumor of Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky to the MAC is true that leaves:

Florida International
Louisiana Tech
Texas-El Paso

Maybe Louisiana Tech and Texas-El Paso along with New Mexico State can convince the WAC to go FBS.
Florida International can convince another school seemingly uninterested in fielding a competitive football team (cough Miami cough) to drop football and just schedule 12 mass brawls during the fall.

I’m taking great joy in Louisiana Tech getting screwed by the way. Too good for the UL’s huh?

FIU will be fine as an independent. I'd imagine the A-Sun, which has delusions about becoming an FBS conference, would take them for all other sports. But FIU won't have a problem getting good games for teams to come recruit Miami.

So far as UTEP and La Tech (and FIU in this case), they might be able to save CUSA depending on how real interest in moving up is from the Dakota schools. If NDSU really wants to move up, this is their chance. I don't see the MAC expanding their footprint that far out nor the MWC being interested. So you could end up with this hideous map that might still have some decent football in it. Also key to see if the SBC targets JMU or Liberty. Lots of unknowns. I'm interested to see how this plays out.