• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Conference Constipation Thread 2.0

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They won't cause TEH BRAND and money, but adding Boise and Fresno to the Pac would be FUN. Both pretty consistently good PROGRUMS with cool stadiums that make geographic sense. Plus the MILK CAN is awesome rivalry and would be a good pairing with the CRAPPLE CUP and the CIVIL WAR

5441e6ad05a1e.image.jpg

6_7891683.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
As a COWBOY I'm fine with it. I'd say it gives OSU a better shot at a playoff birth but they still will have to play ISU and WVU in November so...

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean if we're being honest the only reason it makes sense for either OU or OSU to keep playing each other is money. OU dominates the series so it isn't even really a rivalry. OSU fans just wait for the 1 in 10 years we win so we can say "how bout them sooners" the following Monday.

Gundy has made it more FUN but if the BIG XII can get a bid to the expanded playoff it would be better for OSU to not have to play OU. Maybe they can meet in the playoff at some point and it actually mean something.

CJ_24

A ton of those don't even make sense lol. LOLORADO doesn't play FIRST DOWN U every year because they don't see the point of playing LITTLE BROTHER every year. Georgia Tech-Vandy? UNM-Zona? Get the fuck out of here
Depends on where you sit. Miami-Syracuse and Miami-West Vriginia are not on that list even though to me, as Hurricane fan watching those games, they were Big East rivals because of the competitive games they had (whereas Rutgers was not, for obvious reasons).
Colorado and Colorado State should play every year. The sport is regional, why would the two biggest schools in the state not play each other every year.

Schauwn

All rivalries are pointless and only matter to the dummies that let their football team dictate their mood for a week.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Depends on where you sit.
Colorado and Colorado State should play every year. The sport is regional, why would the two biggest schools in the state not play each other every year.

Not really, Georgia Tech-Vandy is not a rivalry unless you're like 90 years old and even then, I doubt it was much a rivalry. UNM-Zona have played six times in the last 45 years. CCU and Liberty are not rivals. UT and KU are not rivals. Boise and TCU are not rivals.

LOLORADO and FIRST DOWN U has nothing to do with conference realignment. They moved to the Pac-12 in 2011 and played every year from 2011-19. Conference realignment is not remotely a factor unless you're going to complain about LOLORADO and FIRST DOWN U leaving the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference 85 years ago

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Is Colorado even better than Colorado State at this point?

The only time FIRST DOWN U can beat LOLORADO is when CU is on the verge of going winless but they completely suck this year too so who knows

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon-USC isn’t a rivalry game either, though early on in Oregon’s rise USC was seen as a barometer for progress because of the CROOTS. Never a rivalry though.

I still remember that 2011 game vividly doe.