• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

College Football Offseason Thread Presented by Joe Mixon's Punch-Out!!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The offense sucked last year, but they've never really been world beaters anyway. Lewerke and LJ Scott along with the other pieces should be enough to be serviceable. The real problem is the defensive decline. MSU was 10th, 7th, and 3rd in scoring defense and 5th, 5th, and 2nd in yards per play from 2011-2013. They ranked 28th and 22nd and 27th and 45th in those categories from 2014-2015; still solid, but definitely starting to slip. They were 65th in both categories last year. They gave up 54 to Northwestern, 31 to BYU, 45 to Penn State, 28 to Maryland, 30 to Wisconsin, and 31 to fucking Illinois.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
AP preseason Top 25

AP top 25:

1. Alabama (52 first-place votes)
2. Ohio State (3)
3. Florida State (4)
4. USC (2)
5. Clemson
6. Penn State
7. Oklahoma
8. Washington
9. Wisconsin
10. Oklahoma State
11. Michigan
12. Auburn
13. LSU
14. Stanford
15. Georgia
16. Louisville
17. Florida
18. Miami (Fla.)
19. South Florida
20. Kansas State
21. Virginia Tech
22. Best[BCOLOR=#0000ff] Virginia[/BCOLOR]
23. Texas
24. Washington State
25. Tennessee

Others receiving votes: TCU 98, Utah 85, Notre Dame 65, Boise St. 37, NC State 26, Northwestern 25, Pittsburgh 23, Oregon 21, Houston 19, Colorado 18, UCLA 9, San Diego St. 9, BYU 5, Appalachian St. 4, Nebraska 4, Tulsa 4, Kentucky 3, Texas A&M 3, Michigan St. 1.

I'm going to go full on hater here and say that's the highest both VT and WV are ranked this season. PROVE ME WRONG WHORES.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
AP preseason Top 25

AP top 25:

1. Alabama (52 first-place votes)
2. Ohio State (3)
3. Florida State (4)
4. USC (2)
5. Clemson
6. Penn State
7. Oklahoma
8. Washington
9. Wisconsin
10. Oklahoma State
11. Michigan
12. Auburn
13. LSU
14. Stanford
15. Georgia
16. Louisville
17. Florida
18. Miami (Fla.)
19. South Florida
20. Kansas State
21. Virginia Tech
22. West Virginia
23. Texas
24. Washington State
25. Tennessee

Others receiving votes: TCU 98, Utah 85, Notre Dame 65, Boise St. 37, NC State 26, Northwestern 25, Pittsburgh 23, Oregon 21, Houston 19, Colorado 18, UCLA 9, San Diego St. 9, BYU 5, Appalachian St. 4, Nebraska 4, Tulsa 4, Kentucky 3, Texas A&M 3, Michigan St. 1.

I would love to meet the person that thinks Michigan State is one of the 25 best teams in CFB.

-YTC

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They just woke up from a year long coma.

Kentucky with 3 votes lol. By far the stupidest preseason hype I've seen is KENTUCKY SEC EAST DARK HORSE. They've beaten Florida and Tennessee once in the last 40 years or so.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
They just woke up from a year long coma.

Kentucky with 3 votes lol. By far the stupidest preseason hype I've seen is KENTUCKY SEC EAST DARK HORSE. They've beaten Florida and Tennessee once in the last 40 years or so.

My father-in-law is a diehard Tennessee "The Real UT" homer and last week he said to me, in complete seriousness, "Kentucky scares me." Confused I asked "Kentucky the state? Yeah, it's a pretty scary place once you got off the interstate or anywhere outside of L-Ville and Lexington. Lots of meth and stupidity mixed in with that bluegrass" He just looked at me confused and said "no, I mean the damn Wildcats foozbawl team. Those guys are going to be a force this season, just you wait and see." This is the same guy that told me last year Josh Dobbs was going to take "UT back to the promise land" and also win the Heisman so he's definitely nuts.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I would love to meet the person that thinks Michigan State is one of the 25 best teams in CFB.

-YTC

Say hello to Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News. He posted an explanation of his ballot online today and shared his reasoning for each team in his top 25, including MSU.

Wilner: "No reason to expect the Spartans to execute complete turnaround from three-win season, except that Mark Dantonio is a helluva coach."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...e-spartans-football-vote-ap-top-25/588093001/

coogrfan

Texas at 9 :thumbsup:

jonstewart.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Did that guy do anything besides look at team's schedules and rank them based on how easy the schedules are? Except for Florida State, though, because ... reasons.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Do we actually believe this Durkin CROOTIN nonsense? Didn't they say that about the last guy too? And the guy before him?

Maryland will forever be at best an 8-4 team, even playing shitty patsies the first 4 games every year.

CLICK. CLACK.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
This is really interesting, if you're into some advance stat stuff: https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...ge-football-big-plays-efficiency-five-factors

Short summary: big plays are mostly random, but what really matters is how efficient your offense is. In other words, the best offenses are efficient and big plays are a result of that efficiency. I'm not explaining it well, but it's pretty interesting.

IOW: Small successes add up to big successes. It seems self-evident, yet plenty of coaches still seem to take the "buy the lottery ticket" approach.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
ESPN had an Asian announcer named Robert Lee set to announce the UVA and William and Mary game and pulled him from the broadcast lol.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The only benefit of UVA playing football is Doc on the radio call tombout werewolves and shit

Skeeter

Uber felon
Gata on a roll.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobil...ampus-housing-police-report-says/77-466986777

Robinson wasted no time getting hisself into trouble. This is the guy who got busted with weed while on his tOSU recruiting trip and was labeled trouble by many P5 programs there after. 3 weeks on campus and already in trouble. Impressive! The other guy is already suspended due to the credit card fraud situation.
Robinson was such a piece of shit on his official visit that osu immediately shut down his recruitment.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Robinson was such a piece of shit on his official visit that osu immediately shut down his recruitment.

And that's Urban Meyer shutting it down, too! The guy that would accept anybody, no matter their problems, at Florida.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think it's pretty clear that Meyer has had a different philosophy at tOSU than at Florida.

Seriously, he does seem to be better than he was at Florida. So kudos to him for clearing that hurdle! But, uh, he's still not been great. And the fact that a lot of stuff seems to come out on his players after they leave OSU is not a great reflection on him, either.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Seriously, he does seem to be better than he was at Florida. So kudos to him for clearing that hurdle! But, uh, he's still not been great. And the fact that a lot of stuff seems to come out on his players after they leave OSU is not a great reflection on him, either.
Which power 5 school with nfl caliber talent hasnt had the same? Every guy must be perfect even after he leaves the program? Talk about impossible standards.

I'd put Meyers disciplinary record at OSU up against any school in the power 5. Even ole harbaugh is pretty soft on discipline if it might cost him a game. Meyer hasn't hesitated to bench even the best players.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Which power 5 school with nfl caliber talent hasnt had the same? Every guy must be perfect even after he leaves the program? Talk about impossible standards.

I'd put Meyers disciplinary record at OSU up against any school in the power 5. Even ole harbaugh is pretty soft on discipline if it might cost him a game. Meyer hasn't hesitated to bench even the best players.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Signs your argument is shitty:

• Everybody else does it!
  • It's in the past!
  • It could be worse!
  • You're doing it, too!

CJ_24

Michigan and OSU fans bickering over which program is less ethical is a slightly more entertaining version of "wolfman talks braves baseball to hisself."