• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Corches Hot Seat Thread 2018

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Maryland's report on Durkin is out: https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ops-short-toxic-label/?utm_term=.74a2e3f11723

It basically blames everything on the strength corch (who already left the program with a $300k buyout). Durkin is blamed for not holding the strength corch accountable. Feels like this lays the ground work for retaining Durkin.
I’m not sure how they justify bringing him back with negative recruiting being a thing.

Then again I’m not sure how Rutgers brings Ash bac, but I’m resigned to the fact that they are.
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
A whole defense died under Lovie's watch.

In all seriousness, it would be wrong to retain Durkin, but unlike players who get held accountable for the dumbest shit coaches have contracts...

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Illinois is giving up 7.1 YPP (125th out of 130) and 41.0 PPG (123rd out of 130)

Lol

TAMPA 2

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
giphy.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Durkin will be back at Maryland for the MSU game this weekend. Apparently Maryland's President wanted to fire him, but the Board of Regents were going to fire the President if he did that, so...

This could escalate quickly.

Not sure how Durkin is going to recruit anybody with a pulse at this point.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Durkin will be back at Maryland for the MSU game this weekend. Apparently Maryland's President wanted to fire him, but the Board of Regents were going to fire the President if he did that, so...

This could escalate quickly.

Not sure how Durkin is going to recruit anybody with a pulse at this point.

Would had loved for their president to call the bluff.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Not sure how they thought this was a good strategy. The guy is 10-15. I'm sure you can find another guy to go 10-15 who doesn't have any bodies on him.

If Durkin is a good crooter, he won't be anymore. Yeah son go play for THAT guy.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Those tweets weren’t loading at first, so I thought for a moment that Ash got fired before Durkin, which would be 10x funnier

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They only did it because of the governor

Maybe if Kasich had any balls, Irving would be gone too

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The board of trustees should face PG county's most inglorious (and strangely commonplace) demise: handcuffed to the inside of a 2003-2006 grand caravan set on fire in the middle of rush hour on the BW Parkway

Last edited:

Lightningwar

Administrator
This is the tone deaf world some of these people live within. Everybody wanted this guy gone but the BOT didnt want to listen to that. Crootin was so good under him. They threatened to fire the president and would keep firing people until they found a yes man. Then it blows up in their face. The BOT should all go imo. These old farts must believe we still live in the 1980s where this kind of crap was swept under the rug.

coogrfan

Yet more proof that Applewhite is Tony Levine 2.0.

In 3 seasons at the helm, Tony Levine had 3 "WTF?!!" losses, defined here as losses that meet the following criteria: (1) Houston lost by 7 or more (no fluke losses) and (2) UH opened as -10 or better favorite. In the 20 years prior to Levine we had one such loss.

In two seasons Applewhite now has 2 "WTF?!!'s": Tulsa last season (UH -13, L 45-17) and tonight (UH -14, L 45-31).

Applewhite must go.

Last edited:

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Yet more proof that Applewhite is Tony Levine 2.0.

In 3 seasons at the helm, Tony Levine had 3 "WTF?!!" losses, defined here as losses that meet the following criteria: (1) Houston lost by 7 or more (no fluke losses) and (2) UH opened as -10 or better favorite. In the 20 years prior to Levine we had one such loss.

In two seasons Applewhite now has 2 "WTF?!!'s": Tulsa last season (UH -13, L 45-17) and tonight (UH -14, L 45-31).

Applewhite must go.
levine also smoked Rutgers on homecoming