• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Coaches' Hot Seat/ Carousel 2015-16

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Chip Kelly to USC? Rumor gaining traction here in Atlanta. Which is as far away from PAC-12 as it gets so take it for what it is worth (basically zero).

jt3v4tcmyltqcljncgbc.gif

bruin

I dunno. Maybe I just want to see Rosen under center? Heard we ran one play under center sat night then didn't go back to it, lol.

Maybe my memories are clouded with McNown and Borges calling playaction teams to death.

Anywho, Mazzone era in Westwood will be over soon. He can take his son with him and Mora can go out and get a real QB coach.

PSUEagle

I'm with the other bruin: Helton would be a really nice hire.

I do think whatever UCLA does they need an OC who utilizes the TE position more: with the players they're getting that spot is criminally underused.

Brick

What is Jeff Tedford doing? If he could pull his head out of his ass he could run the Harrington Era shit. They always had stud TEs and great run games. Not gonna happen doe. Sold out along with Corch Pete. Miss those offenses mang. Miss Koetter at ASU too.

bruin

lol, so Helton hired his bro?

So much for that.

Also, there is some legs on Mora seriously being looked at for an NFL job (Miami).

We've heard this every offseason since he's been in Westwood and he did turn down his Alma Mater and Texas, but this seems to be the most serious of rumors.

If true, Casey Wasserman will have Tom Herman and Chip Kelly on the phone, ASAP.

PSUEagle

lol, so Helton hired his bro?

So much for that.

Also, there is some legs on Mora seriously being looked at for an NFL job (Miami).

We've heard this every offseason since he's been in Westwood and he did turn down his Alma Mater and Texas, but this seems to be the most serious of rumors.

If true, Casey Wasserman will have Tom Herman and Chip Kelly on the phone, ASAP.

Would be the best possible hire UCLA could make: CH!P would long dick the rest of the Pac 12 within two years IMO.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Probably won't be hard to keep him. Wisconsin is stingy as fuck when it comes to assistant pay.

Craig7835

What is Jeff Tedford doing? If he could pull his head out of his ass he could run the Harrington Era shit. They always had stud TEs and great run games. Not gonna happen doe. Sold out along with Corch Pete. Miss those offenses mang. Miss Koetter at ASU too.

Last I heard about Tedford he's been having or had health issues.He was supposed to have been Lovie Smith's OC in year 1 of Tampa,but he quit a month or so later. Koetter is with Tampa though

Last edited:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
DickRod's DC becomes the first scapegoat in Arizona. Funny, I think his DC was the first scapegoat at Michigan too.

Arizona will need a new OC after the '16 season and a new head corch after the '17 season if the pattern holds.

coogrfan

Major Applewhite has been contacted by Texas State for their HC gig.

EDIT: Major has apparently told them he isn't interested.

Last edited:

bruin

Mora isn't going anywhere.

Gotta make this OC hire count. Can't waste a generation talent like Rosen. Eager to see what he does on the defensive side of the ball too..

Craig7835

Major Applewhite has been contacted by Texas State for their HC gig.

EDIT: Major has apparently told them he isn't interested.

He's a Mack Brown loyalist still.He can't coordinator bread in a bag. He was one & done with Saban in his only year

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
he and UCLA "parting" ways should get out soon

Good. Some interesting tidbits I don't think I've ever actually mentioned:

His son, the QB coach, I actually met at a party in high school. Noel must have been the offensive coordinator at NC State still. Total douche.

My little brother played high school football with his other son, the one who was a wideout at UCLA for a bit. Apparently daddy was at the Jets at the time and the family moved back to NC for whatever reason. He says while he was clearly was one of the best athletes on the team, his dad's "pedigree" was the only reason why either of these two twats even had a roster spot on any college team, and probably the only reason why ole Taylor is a QB coach now. Mazzone nepotism is a scourge to society and it must be stopped.

Renegade

Charge on!
Larry Coker out at UTSA.

That shit is stupid. There's bound to be a few down years when you move up to a higher level and your senior heavy classes that got the extra year of practice graduate. Just look at ODU, they struggled this year too.

And who waits that long? They've now butchered this recruiting class...can't possibly get a coach in position in time to make an impact in recruiting.