• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CJ _24 Get to the Point Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I still don’t understand how he is a fraud. That clip is kind of douchey and that short game wasn’t there today.

CJ_24

You don't think a 46 year old who has previously only made 4 cuts in his PGA career qualifies for "aw-schucks, humble ole me" status when he finds himself in contention for a major? To me, the real story is just as good as the soundbite narrative the media was pushing.

bill-murray-caddyshack.gif
I think there is a distinction between a Cinderella story of an also-ran professional golfer playing great at a Major and the personality of that golfer. I think the "I'm the aw-shucks, every-man club pro" personality is fraudulent. I think he's professional golfer masquerading as a club pro and, more importantly, an attention hound pretending to be humble to get more attention.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The margin between tour pro and high level club pro is both big and small at the same time. Ability-wise, it's not a big gap. They can all bomb it 300+ of the tee and hit irons with ungodly amount of spin. Arrogance-wise, the tour pros believe that they can make every shot from everywhere. The average club pro doesn't have that same belief. BLOCK probably could have carved out a nice career as a journeyman pro bouncing between the PGA Tour and whatever the AAA Tour is called this year. He makes a more consistent income as a club pro is Southern California and cleaning up on the club pro circuit there.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Ability-wise, it's not a big gap.
Yes, it is. Block is a +4 handicap is around 4 strokes per round worse than an average PGA Tour player. His swing speed is roughly 5 mph slower than the tour average. We can measure this stuff.

Block is a phenomenal golfer. Probably one of the 1,000 best in the world. The ability gap between him and a PGA Tour player is still huge.

goblue96

The average tour pro has a handicap of +5.4 (as of 2020 when this tweet was posted). If Block is a +4, then the gap isn't that big.

goblue96

We are talking about two different stats: stroked gained and USGA Handicap. The raw ability is not much different. You saying that if he was a touring pro instead of a club pro at age 25 and could dedicate eight hours a day to practice instead giving lessons to Mr. and Mrs. Havercamp, he would not have gained that extra 5 mph of club head speed needed to stay on tour. The margins are small but the gap created by those small margins is big.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Maybe they will start rapidly executing the chuds who scream MASHED POTATOES at tournaments. I'm all for it tbh

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Looks like the Saudis lost interest and just decided to bankroll the PGA and cede governing rights. We’ll see if that holds

goblue96

There's something ironically slimy about announcing this new entity with PIF on D-Day

There’s a lot about the new PGIV Tour that is slimy. PGA Commissioner did the tour membership dirty with these closed door talks with the Saudis.

CJ_24

There’s a lot about the new PGIV Tour that is slimy. PGA Commissioner did the tour membership dirty with these closed door talks with the Saudis.
Jay Monahan has repeatedly proven himself to be an incompetent dirtbag

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Start at about the 3:30 mark to watch this cuck tell us that he's sorry about 9/11 & that we should move on with the Saudis who are a good ally that are just trying to make the world a better place.

CJ_24

Bryson is, and always has been, a moron. He talks about his physics background, but was a C- student who doesn't understand the basic terminology. He's such a jackass

goblue96

How does the Saudi purchase of the PGA and DP Tour impact the lower feeder tours? Or did they buy those tours too?

CJ_24

Fitting that the most corporate US Open in history will be won by a dude named after a hotel chain

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I might root for Europe. They are way more likable than the US team. I just don’t feel anything about Sam Burns or Scottie Scheffler.