• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

CFB Revamped

Renegade

Charge on!
Edit - Just saw I missed an existing thread on it.

cfbrevamped.com

I just installed this mod. They have completely redone the feel of the game. Updated uniforms, updated stadiums, redesigned playbooks with RPO and such, and dynasty mode has a playoff editor…among many other changes. Feels like a brand new game.

It takes a little work to hack the system…took me about 2.5 hours last night, but well worth it. Available for PS3, 360, and PC/Mac.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Ah, didn't click far enough through that. I thought that was just to install the mod, i was trying to figure out how to install the actual game, but I found it. Thanks!

So you just hit the PC installer and go? Or there’s more to this. Where are the PC directions? What a terrible site, project needs a UX person or something

Schauwn

So you just hit the PC installer and go? Or there’s more to this. Where are the PC directions? What a terrible site, project needs a UX person or something
CFBR-Easy-Installer/buttons.md at master · cfbrevamped/CFBR-Easy-Installer · GitHub

Pick which control scheme you want and then it takes you to the install instructions to actually load NCAA14 to your computer. I haven't tested it yet though, so good luck and godspeed. Let me know if your computer blows ujp.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
Put like ~40 hours into this the last two weeks since finally downloading it. It's actually really good, and I don't remember 14 playing this well lol.

I HIGHLY suggest playing it on PC if you have a system capable of doing so. It upscales the game into 1080p and it's like playing a completely different game.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
In playing this a ton, I never realized how hilarious the Coaching Carousel in this game is. They routinely fire coaches after one year. Bring in the hottest up and coming coach because your team is trash and was 1-10? FIRE HIS ASS WHEN HE GOES 4-7 HIS FIRST YEAR!

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
How do you get this? Do you need to own a copy of the game?
If you're wanting to play it on the console it's easiest to actually own a copy of the game. PS3 is easiest to use of the consoles to my understanding, and you load the mod onto a USB stick. Never did it this way so I'm not sure of the exact instructions, but there's videos on youtube.

For the PC it's a little more work but I think it's better in the end because of the 1080p output (if your PC can handle it). I found a torrent of the game disc version as well as the BIOS for the emulator (I could probably upload them both to MEGA if people are interested). I'm sure there's a way to rip the game from the disc and the BIOS from your console if you have them but I think it's a pain in the ass. Then, you download the PS3 emulator, RPCS3, add the BIOS and add the game to your library. Boot the base game to make sure it works, you may need to tweak the emulator settings based on your PC power. Once you do that, you'll download the mod, then on RPCS3 choose "File-> Install Packages/Raps" -> Navigate to where you saved the mod .pkg and select it. A progress bar will pop up and once that's done everything is installed. Installing the mod itself is really simple.

The main issue with doing the emulation route is that the emulator performance is tied mainly to your CPU. When I still had my old PC, I could get the game running but the CPU being old caused sound issues in the game and frequent frame rate drops (like 10 fps), and it took a lot of tinkering with the settings to get it to actually work. Whenever I got my new PC it ran great without having to tinker at all (am able to max all the anisotropic filters and anti-aliasing) and and I was able to use the upscaling options to make it 1080p, so YMMV on the performance based on your computer specs.

Once you actually have everything finished and working, another cool thing you can do is downloading modded user profiles. Specifically, people mod the sliders to go outside of the normal 0-100 boundaries and I'm using one that puts crowd noise at 255 since crowds are so pathetically quiet in the base game lol.

Here's their discord link which has installation guides and the community channels with all the extra creations:

You can find some cool stuff in the community creations. Was able to nab the throwback WVU helmets that aren't in the base mod release. Learning how to replace individual skins is a bit of work but it is nifty to be able to do that.

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I've payed zero attention to this, but are they able to mod the gameplay and AI, or just push the sliders beyond the normal bounds in a (presumably sad) attempt to make it play more like reel footbaw?

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
I've payed zero attention to this, but are they able to mod the gameplay and AI, or just push the sliders beyond the normal bounds in a (presumably sad) attempt to make it play more like reel footbaw?
I honestly haven't looked it up beyond them having modded in different types of option plays that didn't exist before.

What I can say is the game plays really well and I don't remember the original game playing this good so I'll chalk it up to the mod and hacked sliders lol.

I may record a game later for demonstration.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
Went ahead and recorded my most recent dynasty game. There is some quality loss between the emulator and the recording but it's pretty close to what it's actually like.

AI in 2013 being what it was, I do play with one rule on myself which is I try not to switch my defensive player during the play unless I do something incredibly stupid like miss an easy tackle because of controller lag or something.

jdlikewhoa

Installed this and played this weekend. Sad to say that this thing plays way way better than any Madden footbaw game I've played on PS4 or PS5. I don't know what they did... maybe its nostalgia confirmation bias, but I had a ton of fun with it.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Is this better on a computer or a ps3? I haven’t played a game on a computer since 2003 nba live so I’m not expert.

worst2first

I would really like to get this going so I could do some coach-mode CFB but it seems like a royal pain in the ass. Maybe it's just me but it seemed like the directions I could find weren't very clear.

Soonerfan09

I would really like to get this going so I could do some coach-mode CFB but it seems like a royal pain in the ass. Maybe it's just me but it seemed like the directions I could find weren't very clear.

The hardest part is getting HEN and Multiman/whateverman installed. The updates are really simple once you get the initial setup finished. Definitely worth it if you have some free time.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

Just get in a text group chat with @jdlikewhoa and pepper him with questions at the expense of other members of the group. Works well

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
What type of computer would you recommend getting? Say with a budget of $2,000 for the hardware needed?

I don’t know. The market is garb. I was lucky I got a card myself and I had to install BROBOT and exclusively focus on my clicking game for half a week. I’ll do some research and tag you in the pc thread

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I don’t know. The market is garb. I was lucky I got a card myself and I had to install BROBOT and exclusively focus on my clicking game for half a week. I’ll do some research and tag you in the pc thread

fuck right. the microprocessor shortage.

jdlikewhoa

The directions are not intuitive at face, but they make sense when you actually sit down with all the files in front of you. Once I got everything downloaded it took about 10 minutes to set up.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
How are you guys getting the actual game? Are you ripping a copy from the PS3 or from the darkwebz

Last edited:

Schauwn

I'm having the same problem I had when I played this years ago...can't settle on a playbook...

Soonerfan09

Yeah, for sure.

TripleOption is the most FUN but near impossible with the SLIDERS.

Spread option game is too easy to beat the CPU
There are some pretty solid slider sets out there. JKits are good and the Earnit sliders are pretty good too.

worst2first

I'm really thinking about trying to find a copy of NCAA 14 and a used PS3 to make this happen. I miss playing coach mode.