• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Brady Hoke is truly a shitty human being

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Hoke's press conference was high comedy. He's doubling down on not seeing how badly the kid was hurt. Ok dumbass, if you weren't paying attention to the game, what were you doing?

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
Hoke's press conference was high comedy. He's doubling down on not seeing how badly the kid was hurt. Ok dumbass, if you weren't paying attention to the game, what were you doing?
Well looking at Michigan's record these past few years, he might think there's a chance people don't believe he's even paying enough attention to notice someone's visibly injured.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
This whole thing was already bad enough, who had the bright idea to let Hoke go out there and say that much stupid shit? Was Michigan's entire PR department held at gunpoint in a back room somewhere?

First of all, way to throw your trainers under the bus. Yeah they deserve a share of the blame but to say "Our coaches have no influence or authority to make determinations if or when an injured player returns to competition" is laughable. You are the Head Coach. You are the head of the program. You are the final authority on that decision. You are the final authority on every decision. You saw Morris was injured and possibly concussed, you saw him run back out there and when the ref asked if you wanted to take a timeout to put Gardner back on the field you said no. The play clock had not even started yet and Bellomy had found his helmet by then, why was Morris on the field if he was "removed after further aggravating a previous injury"?

I expect this kind of behavior from one of those washed up archaic high school coaches who thinks the only way you build men and a football team is to toughen them physically. "Don't limp on that broken foot you pussy be a man." "Who cares that kid is concussed, he wants to keep playing and earn that job." There was a time in football where that was common, that time is long gone and for good reason. That there is a coach at the FBS level at a program as prestigious at Michigan acting like this is honestly appalling.

To actually treat Morris the way they did in the game is bad, to say the things he has said after the fact is disgusting. This is a complete institutional failure by everyone involved. Coaches, trainers, everyone. Michigan has to fire him, they have no choice. The longer they wait the worse they look because he is going to be fired, that is a given. If you wait until next week, next month, December, you look ridiculous. If Dave Brandon doesn't fire him, someone needs to fire Dave Brandon and then fire Hoke.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Dave Brandon just released a statement, at nearly 1am Michigan time.

The statement is a joke, Brandon is a joke, Hoke is a joke, Michigan is a joke. But hey, at least they finally admitted Morris has a "probable, mild concussion". Neither one will have a job by December. Neither should have a job tomorrow.

Does Michigan even have a PR department?

07-minister.jpg

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
I can't believe he said this:

"That probable concussion diagnosis was not at all clear on the field on Saturday or in the examination that was conducted post-game. "

How dumb is this guy? Everybody watching that game suspected it was a concussion (and of course it was), including the ESPN broadcasters He's totally in "cover your ass" mode. Does he not realize that everyone has seen the video on youtube by now?

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I can't believe he said this:

"That probable concussion diagnosis was not at all clear on the field on Saturday or in the examination that was conducted post-game. "

How dumb is this guy? Everybody watching that game suspected it was a concussion (and of course it was), including the ESPN broadcasters He's totally in "cover your ass" mode. Does he not realize that everyone has seen the video on youtube by now?

I can't believe he said any of that stuff. He might as well have just released a statement that said "we don't know what the hell we are doing" and it would have gotten to the point way quicker and with far more honesty.

Michigan has no choice but to fire Hoke. Immediately. After that statement, Dave Brandon should probably start packing up his things as well. I cannot imagine University of Michigan leadership will be okay with any of this.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Michigan has no choice but to go Oprah and everybody gets fired! But for now let's distract everyone with the bunny eating a carrot because bunnies are cute and everyone loves them.

80900.jpg

goblue96

Another person who needs to go is the Head of Media Relations. I don't know who that is anyone since the Pizza Salesman fired/"forced retirement" on Michigan's longtime head of media relations for not being enough of a yes man.

His replacement needs to go for allowing this to be turned into a four day story by allowing a slow drip of information where each piece looks worse than the last. This story could have closed Saturday night or Sunday but it has been dragged out to Tuesday with one poor press conference and statements after another.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
What a gutless, cover your ass statement from Brandon. Am not shocked by it. But he basically left Hoke out there to take the brunt of it while he conducted his investigation.

By the way, that was supposed to be a statement from the doctors - and it was supposed to come out yesterday - but it came from Brandon instead. I think that Michigan may been trying to pressure the doctors to lie about what happened and they wouldn't. Kudos to the doctors. Fire everybody else.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I can't believe someone let him come out and say that stuff, lol. What are they thinking?

In general, football people are just incredibly dumb. GJGE

Reactions: bjc

goblue96

Someone needs to throw Hoke under the bus.

The Pizza Salesman already has.

1) letting Hoke twist in the wind with no statement to fall back in during the presser yesterday.

2) Then releasing his own statement late last night.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Board of Regents meeting scheduled for this morning on all of this. I'm guessing one or both of Brandon and Hoke won't have jobs after this. Or at least that's what should happen.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Christie had lap band surgery. Get ready for skinny Christie a la Rex Ryan. He knows he can't ever be president as a fat ass.

Lightningwar

Administrator
hoke reminds me of chris christie. maybe it's because they're both fat and averse to accepting blame

Funny you mention this. Was watching the news last night and Christie was in Hudson WI to stump for Walker. They both look alike. Kind of the same face, voice is close as well.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Board of Regents meeting scheduled for this morning on all of this. I'm guessing one or both of Brandon and Hoke won't have jobs after this. Or at least that's what should happen.

Apparently this was wrong.

What will take it for somebody to show some leadership here and start firing people? This is the easy stuff, for crying out loud.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
I've seen few blogs/fans call for boycotts, but I imagine there's a fair amount of fans with blinders so that won't really make much of a statement.

If your team can't communicate on the sidelines, how can you competently run a program as a whole? Do you not coach up your players before they go back into the game? Brady Hoke, you're a leader of young, impressionable men. Maybe you should fucking act like it. AND wear a god damn headset!!!

At least when Beckman tripped a referee running on the sideline on accident and got caught chewing tobacco it was kind of funny. This just seems like pure incompetence and neglect.

goblue96

$5 million total to buyout Hoke and the Pizza Salesman. $2 million for Hoke. $3 million for the Pizza Salesman.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I don't see Harbaugh going back to college, even his alma mater. I think another NFL team will snap him up if the dumb ass Niners get rid of him. Will Michigan go after Les Miles again?

bruin

I think they will. But Les would be dumb to leave.

I think their best bet is a top coordinator somewhere. Chad Morris or something.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I've seen few blogs/fans call for boycotts, but I imagine there's a fair amount of fans with blinders so that won't really make much of a statement.

Actually, I think this is a pretty huge deal. There's a petition on Michigan's website to fire Brandon. As of about noon eastern, it had 5000 signatures. It could only be signed by students, faculty, or alums, so that's a pretty significant amount in a morning. The student newspaper called for Hoke's firing. The biggest boos/cheers in the game on the weekened was when Morris was left in the game. Michigan is so arrogant that we believe our "above all it all" stuff. So a lot of people get really angry when we show that we actually aren't elite in off the field stuff.

Plus, we have a streak from about the 1970s going of 100k+ crowds. If even a few thousand fans fail to show up to a game, that streak is gone.

Sure there are decent amount of fans with blinders on, but the people screaming and yelling about this are likely the majority at this point.

And more shit to this storm - now Congress is getting in on the action! http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...es-big-ten-to-investigate-michigan-concussion

goblue96

It would actually be a petition I would have signed as a student instead of telling the petitioners that "I'm Canadian," to throw them off balance as I walked away. :laughing:

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Maybe it's just me, but Brady Hoke has always appeared to me as the kind of guy who's always just like, "Whatever I'm head corch."

Just the way he carries himself. Kind of like if you came to him with an issue he'd just be like, "Yeah" and leave you standing there until you realized he wasn't about to do anything.

The lack of headsets, his minimalist demeanor, all this shit together just makes him seem like aloof and arrogant. Maybe that's kind of the attitude you need to build a foundation to bring an elite program back to the top, but I think more than anything it takes a large amount of aggression and a can do attitude. Also not putting injured players into a game of course.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Apparently that guy is a Michigan student trying to make a statement. Man, that's extreme. If I were a Michigan fan I wouldn't be caught dead in Ohio State gear, I don't care if the ghost of Osama bin Laden was the Athletic Director.

Seriously though, how are Dave Brandon and Brady Hoke still employed right now?

goblue96

The UM President made his statement earlier this evening.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/09/michigan_president_mark_schlis.html

Seriously, someone in media relations needs to be fired. By releasing statements in piecemeal, the University has done nothing but look bad and drag this story out to Wednesday now. Come Thursday, Michigan will be mentioned again any time some player "gets his bell rung" in game whether or not he is playing for Michigan.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
lol, saw ESPN trot Herbstreit out to say that people are just using this injury thing as a witch hunt because they want Hoke fired.

Hey dipshit: I don't care one bit about Michigan football. I don't care if they lose every game forever, and I don't care who their coach is. The Morris thing is absolutely a justification to fire ANY coach, not just a shitbird who's already on the hotseat.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
The UM President made his statement earlier this evening.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/09/michigan_president_mark_schlis.html

Seriously, someone in media relations needs to be fired. By releasing statements in piecemeal, the University has done nothing but look bad and drag this story out to Wednesday now. Come Thursday, Michigan will be mentioned again any time some player "gets his bell rung" in game whether or not he is playing for Michigan.

This entire thing is going to turn into a Public/Media Relations case study on exactly how you do not handle a crisis situation. They could spend an entire semester studying this debacle. This whole situation is just a total disaster from the game Saturday to the mess still going on today. There has to be someone, somewhere in that Athletic Department or University that can speak up and say "uh, guys, we're botching this horribly."

The sad thing is, I'm convinced Hoke and Brandon tried to lie about this and the medical staff wouldn't go along with it. There is no other reason Hoke would make his statement early Monday essentially denying a concussion and then Brandon make his statement at 1am saying there was a concussion. Especially when it was revealed Morris' concussion was diagnosed Sunday. I'm guessing the medical staff refused to go along with Hoke's lie and Brandon was forced to make a statement to get in front of that but did so at 1am.

Just fire everyone already Michigan so the program can move on.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
lol, saw ESPN trot Herbstreit out to say that people are just using this injury thing as a witch hunt because they want Hoke fired.

Hey dipshit: I don't care one bit about Michigan football. I don't care if they lose every game forever, and I don't care who their coach is. The Morris thing is absolutely a justification to fire ANY coach, not just a shitbird who's already on the hotseat.

Makattack I saw that same shit. Glad I'm not the only one that thought herbs truer sounded fucking stupid there.

goblue96

Hearing rumors that if Pizza Salesman is fired, Stephen Ross yanks his $200 million donation to the University.

"Money talks, bullshit runs the marathon."

Bdub

Come on this is stupid. You guys act like you have never seen a player who is clearly concussed go back into a game. I bet it happens multiple times every Saturday. Ur only upset this time because it's an excuse to get Hoke fired.