• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Big 12 Footbaw - It is intramurals brother.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
our stadium is less ugly now that we're covering the battleship grey walls with some vinyl graphics. not done yet but progress:

Bv0kc_O3_IUAEToof.jpg

fcp9g1.jpg

Last edited:

colb

o ya

I don't see them losing to Baylor,especially at home. Baylor's D will be poor and OUs D will be good enough to win. At least I think so haha.
Its the Big12. Errbody gon' beat errbody.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Outside of Iowa State, solid weekend for the Big 12. OSU and WVU gave their opponents much better games than expected. OU, Texas, TCU, Baylor, and Kansas State dispatched weaker opponents with ease. Texas Tech's shitty defense let FCS Central Arkansas hang around, even having a lead in the 3rd quarter. Eat a dick, Kingsbury, and just let OU give Mayfield that scholarship you twat.

Bryce Petty has several cracked bones in his spine but it's not expected to be serious. Not like Baylor plays anyone for over a month, anyway. Ash is probably done for good. Sucks for the kid, but brain trauma can't be taken lightly.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Meh, Iowa State will probably turn out to be hot garbage, but North Dakota State are the bison and bison own.

They are rolling on a 5 game winning streak against FBS opponents, all away from home.

David ash should quit football unless he wants to forget what his car keys do before he turns 36

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Meh, Iowa State will probably turn out to be hot garbage, but North Dakota State are the bison and bison own.

They are rolling on a 5 game winning streak against FBS opponents, all away from home.

David ash should quit football unless he wants to forget what his car keys do before he turns 36

Agreed. What is this, his 5th-6th concussion?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
So far, it still looks like Baylor's trip to Norman will decide the Big 12 title. OSU and WVU are better than expected. KSU and TCU are about as good as expected, although TCU has only played 2 games. Iowa State is scrappy but just doesn't have the talent across the board. Kansas is Kansas. Texas is dogshit on the verge of being mediocre. Texas Tech had to fire their DC because they were letting everyone run for about a million yards on them, although I don't think he was the problem. They just don't have the size on that side of the ball. But at least corch Kingsbury has dat swag. Prolly won't fill all of our bowl slots this year unless Texas and/or Tech improve a lot over the course of the season.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
all i know is OU is going to suck again unless the secondary miraculously improves and the QB play isn't horrible

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Judging from everything I've read, everyone sucks except TCU and Baylor.

pretty much. i feel like OU, OSU, and WVU are the next tier, and it's pretty well below those top two. if texas can get good QB play (huge if) they will be scary and maybe old man snyder can work some magic again.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
OSU 12-0 like always.

To be SRS tho OU looked very mediocre overall at the spring game, for whatever it's worth.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
big 12-2-2+2 getting together soon to debate whether or not to add a CCG without expanding if such a thing is allowed soon. can't articulate how much i would hate that. just kill this shitty conference already.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
big 12-2-2+2 getting together soon to debate whether or not to add a CCG without expanding if such a thing is allowed soon. can't articulate how much i would hate that. just kill this shitty conference already.

thankfully the ADs unanimously shot it down. if they want a CCG they need to expand; otherwise it's redundant.

Renegade

Charge on!
WVU AD let it slip that the Big 12 is exploring expansion. Reportedly Chuck Neinas is leading the effort. It seems to me that it still revolves around getting a conference TV network, which requires Texas to give up the Longhorn Network, but looking at how the Big 12 is falling further and further behind the other conferences in payout, perhaps Texas is willing to do that to catch up with a national network. To that end, I think UCF and UConn are the leaders, since it's driven by cable network subscriber potential more than anything. Cincy and Memphis are probably the next tier, and BYU, unfortunately for them, probably is on the outside looking in despite the quality of their program. The fact simply is that the bulk of the population, media attention, and money is on the East Coast and not in the Mountain West where BYU's strength lies. If UConn can get the Big 12 Network in-market subscriber rates in NYC, then they're a shoo-in. After that, UCF has the best media market and the largest fanbase and puts the conference deep in enemy territory in a football-rich state.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Salt Lake is a larger TV market than both Cincy and Memphis, actually. But you may be right anyway because 1) they'll still want to go East and 2) obviously nobody seems aware or willing to look up TV market sizes.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
meh, BYU's special requests/provisions and the fact that the Big 12 has already gone east have kind of shut them out, probably for good. i almost wish the Big 12 had ignored WVU and gone for BYU or CSU or something.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Baker Mayfield named the starter at OU. Meh. They can all get fucked as long as Joe Mixon is on the team. What a fucking embarrassment, I hope he breaks his leg.

Brick

Baker Mayfield is the most walk-on looking former walk-on. Nashnul footbaw league scouts are not impressed.

12904335.jpg

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Loving all the people picking OU to go to the playoffs.... Gonna make the meltdown that much better.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Loving all the people picking OU to go to the playoffs.... Gonna make the meltdown that much better.

Where are people actually saying that?

Also, look at this contrarian asshole who roots against the school he attends. :laughing:

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Where are people actually saying that?

Also, look at this contrarian asshole who roots against the school he attends. :laughing:
Herbie got OU, LSU, ASU, and Ohio State in the playoffs...

Shouldn't be a surprise though I've been an Okie state fan from the start.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I done goofed, but I'll take it. Would much rather be in this position than predicting the playoffs and then bowling in El Paso.

Anyway, in today's news, Kyler Murray is heading to Norman after fleeing Daddy A&M.
Same on the done goofed... What a turnaround for OU. Props to the staff.

Defense I think might be a little overrated but that offense is red hot. Would be cool to see them win the whole thing but I think they lose to winner of MSU/Bama (please be MSU - they deserved to play in 2013 IMO).

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
glad i was at work for the Orange Bowl. i guess OU got worked on both lines, plus the secondary wasn't great. oh well. they had a much better season than i was expecting. going to have to continue to get better on the OL next year, and the WRs will have to step up to fill the void left by Shepard. on defense, replacing both DEs and Striker won't be easy. apparently Sanchez declared today. bye felicia. still need more consistency from the back 4/5, doe. and i'd like to see OU with 4 down linemen more often, but whatevs.

should still be pretty good next year. have Houston to open the season at whatever that stadium down there is called now. that won't be easy. then ULM at home (in a newly renovated stadium) before hosting Corch Irvin Meyers and THE. have to go to WVU, TCU and Tech but get Baylor and OSU at home. expectations will be high so expect STOOOOOOOPS to choke on that dick and lose 4 games. f-ggot

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, Houston would dilute this amazing conference too much. They should add Colorado State and Tulane and call it a day.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I'd rather see the conference dissolve than expand. It's not as big a stage as the other conferences and adding Houston or any of the other candidates won't change that long term.

CJ_24

I don't remember if we have Baylor rape thread.:

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...id-art-briles-failed-alert-police-allegations

A law firm hired by Baylor University to investigate the school's handling of sexual assault and violence cases involving athletes determined that 17 women since 2011 reported incidents of sexual and domestic violence involving 19 football players, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday afternoon. Four of the cases involved alleged gang rapes.

Can we burn the fucking place to the ground? There's precedent for doing that sort of thing in Waco.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
So is players raping women as bad as a coach raping children when it comes to punishing a program over its culture?

Just wanting to be sure because people sure got butthurt over Ped State's sanctions.