• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Best PS2 version?

Renegade

Charge on!
I want to get NCAA back out and play some. Since my PS3 was stolen a few months ago and I replaced it with a PS4, I can only play on PS2. I've got every year basically. My recollection is that 2004 was the best year...no broken gimmicks like jump the snap, etc. Does anyone recommend a different year? I think 2009 is the latest version I have.

Renegade

Charge on!
Well damn, I just put 2004 in and I was going to do some roster updates, and you can't change the players' year in school. Weak sauce.

Renegade

Charge on!
I don't believe there were ever custom conferences for PS2. Though, if you played well enough for smaller school you could be invited to a bigger conference.

Damn, so that feature never made it into the PS2 versions even after it was intro'd in the PS3/360?

I'm playing '04 right now...all I've found is '04 and '08. I'm going to try to find '05 I think, which if I recall correctly, had better running mechanics than '04. Haven't been able to run the ball for shit on this one.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Damn, so that feature never made it into the PS2 versions even after it was intro'd in the PS3/360?

I'm playing '04 right now...all I've found is '04 and '08. I'm going to try to find '05 I think, which if I recall correctly, had better running mechanics than '04. Haven't been able to run the ball for shit on this one.
If you can't find it lemme know. I have 02-07.

Craig7835

NCAA 2010 on PS2 had a custom playbook feature of sorts where you chose the PB you will be using & you can remove certain formations & add what you want.

RJAFan6

I like 09 the best personally, however, ive been using it as more of a simulation dynasty than actually playing.

Wooly

Yeah, I liked 09 the best too. I have 02-07 and 09. I did just get a PS3 and NCAA 2013 for the first time a few weeks ago though. Admittedly I haven't had time to play a 2013 game yet, but my vote for best is 09 PS2 because the gameplay was as good as EA every got to, it had custom playbooks, and I liked that you could develop players on that game too. Honestly, I would have stuck with 09, except the PS3 version has custom confs and the ability to port data to a PC.

Renegade

Charge on!
Does anyone know if 2005 (Larry Fitzgerald) has 70 man rosters? Disappointedly found out that 2004 only had 55 man rosters, which really sucks in dynasty mode.