• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Been talking with Flann....

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
and we are both thinking about shutting it down for NCAA 14 with the old rosters. The reasons are numerous:

- We have been going pretty hard since it dropped last July and "fatigue" has see in.
- It's hard keeping members especially whenever you add new members the XP glitch is annoying to figure out
- No one posts or talks about the games which takes away some of the fun

My recommendation is to shut it down for a few weeks and start back up in June with the most up to date 15 rosters. There is some danger in that you may lose the guys that play for good, although I'm betting that interest will pick up later this year as the new season approaches.

Thoughts? Recommendations? I would be happy to transfer commish in the MAC and Powerhouse if someone wants to try and keep it going.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Let me beat Flann in Powerhouse first!

LOL. That's up to Finius. He is a coward by nature so I'm sure he will duck you!

By the way I still plan on playing offline dynasty from time to time so if anyone wants to run one unranked while I'm online just shoot me a msg.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Same. I usually go 20-30 years in my Air Raid dynasty. This year I've made it to year 4 because of all the ODs.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I'm good with that decision, but I doubt we will have decent rosters until mid August at the earliest.

My suggestion would be swapping to a tournament format while we wait. Could keep us busy.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I'm good with that decision, but I doubt we will have decent rosters until mid August at the earliest.

My suggestion would be swapping to a tournament format while we wait. Could keep us busy.

Yeah I would be down for tournament play every few days. I know at one time we tried that you had some good brackets.

As far as rosters go I'm fine with the "90 percent" solution vice waiting for most accurate. I like the challenge of recruiting and building up a program once the "real" players leave.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
if you guys want to keep one dynasty open we could keep BSCFL going as its the one I am into the most. I think one dynasty wouldn't be bad as thats only playing every other day or so.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
if you guys want to keep one dynasty open we could keep BSCFL going as its the one I am into the most. I think one dynasty wouldn't be bad as thats only playing every other day or so.

I could do one.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Couple thoughts:

1) since there is no mystery when it comes to game play I say let people pick who they want. If someone picks Alabama than so be it. I am going to pick Arkansas.
or
2) it's always fun to take a 1-star or 70&below team and build them up
3) Create a school could be fun (although I can't remember how it works

fonzilla

Couple thoughts:

1) since there is no mystery when it comes to game play I say let people pick who they want. If someone picks Alabama than so be it. I am going to pick Arkansas.
or
2) it's always fun to take a 1-star or 70&below team and build them up
3) Create a school could be fun (although I can't remember how it works
How the hell would that work? Why not just pick stock teams 90 rated and below? Or something like that.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
I agree, pick who you want. We will all be six star before u know it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I haven't checked them, but I believe the 360 User "Call Me LSU" has 2014-15 rosters out. At least with updated class years and some new recruits. Not sure about ratings and all of that, but someone could probably take a look and see if they are decent.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
How the hell would that work? Why not just pick stock teams 90 rated and below? Or something like that.

If you are playing with your favorite team there is more "buy-in" and people are more apt to stay. I also miss the days when people would post about games or fill-in scouting reports. They do not have to be as detailed as TXhuskers (which were great), but anything is nice (especially when it is user games). I stopped doing all this because everyone else stopped and I wasn't going to make it mandatory.

To me that promotes "esprit de corps" and makes it more fun for all.

fonzilla

If you are playing with your favorite team there is more "buy-in" and people are more apt to stay. I also miss the days when people would post about games or fill-in scouting reports. They do not have to be as detailed as TXhuskers (which were great), but anything is nice (especially when it is user games). I stopped doing all this because everyone else stopped and I wasn't going to make it mandatory.

To me that promotes "esprit de corps" and makes it more fun for all.
So what you want are more dick jokes amirite?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I just joined that stinking league too. I would like to cintinue to play with youse guys.

Flann will hook you up in BSCFL if you are interested. I can't handle 3 leagues and am tired of being commish. I need a little break.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
the bscfl is going to keep going on, once we make plans with the new rosters we will start it over

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Has anyone downloaded them to look? Sounds like he's mostly finished but no idea the quality or ratings changes, if any.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They look good enough, especially for one guy. Some players are a little higher or a little lower than I would have them (Bo Wallace is the same OVR as Hundley). It also seems like the QBs are overrated (J.D. Walsh is an 89. Gary Nova is an 85 which makes him 6 better than Davis Webb and almost as good as Dylan Thompson and Kevin Hogan) and the skill positions are a little underrated (Ryan Switzer of UNC is only 92 speed). Overall though, definitely good. At the very least, they're a good starting base.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I can run a tourney league after I finish school this week. You guys can debate specific rules, but I suggest double elimination. Any team goes for the first tourney. After that, we'll do "themed" tournaments.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
All,

We are going to keep 1 league going, the BSCFL, if anyone wants to keep playing OD play. Any team available (including Texas Tech which was user controlled and stacked).