• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown about Uniforms - don we now our ghey apparel

coogrfan

ND is not only going with field turf but putting a logo in the middle of the field? Ghey.

You don't know the half of it. Check out the Nike-esque justification for the new look:

The football field itself will include the traditional diagonal striping in both end zones. There will be 18 lines (nine in each end zone), and they will be oriented at 42-degree angles toward the Basilica and the Golden Dome. The numbers 18 and 42 represent 1842, the year the University was founded. There will be a traditional interlocking ND logo at midfield, and the 35-yard-line marks for kickoffs will include small green shamrocks. "The interlocking ND is the most recognized symbol of our University and its athletics programs, and we wanted to communicate that to our fans and all those viewing our home games on NBC," said Notre Dame vice president and athletics director Jack Swarbrick.

Sure, guys. Whatever you say.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
A good look. I think it'd look even better if the designs matched (aka a double stripe on the shoulder, or a single stripe on the legs) but other than that it looks really good.

Wolfman21

white ones look good, I think the red ones look terrible. The Jersey color doesn't match the helmet color at all.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
are these new? and by new i mean the shoulder stripe change?

lsuuni.jpg

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Why the LSU player have a claymore mine strapped to his abdomen?

Also - hasn't their white uniform shirt always had that shoulder stripe pattern? I mean, the "gold" part was more yellow before, but isn't it basically the same?

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
The jersey on the left is too small for that guy. The shirt doesn't cover his stomach and the long sleeves (which don't belong in football) don't go all the way down his arm. It looks like the sleeves on Pee-wee's suit (see my avatar).

I don't understand kids today and their uniforms.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
He's got the jersey rolled up at the bottom I'm pretty sure and the long sleeves are an undershirt.

Brick

The jersey on the left is too small for that guy. The shirt doesn't cover his stomach and the long sleeves (which don't belong in football) don't go all the way down his arm. It looks like the sleeves on Pee-wee's suit (see my avatar).

still looks better than bronco mendenhall

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

Maybe it's a retro look:

BearDownUofA

Festizio
It'd be nice for the NCAA to tell all of the manufacturers no once in a while. It needs to stop. Teams don't need all these alternates. Fuck the teenagers who make their decisions based on ZOMG UNIFARMS SWAG SWAG. Fuck that shit.

colb

Dats not even swag, doe.

I get it. Players these days like badass new uniforms. But that is one ugly piece of shit. Seriously. How do you fuck up a red and black uniform?

Adidas. That's how.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
That all-red Nebraska uni positively looks like shit. Congratulations, Huskers, now you look like some fucking 3rd rate high school program, instead of the CFB royalty you are. Bart Scott for Michigan to break out an all-yellow uni, USC to break out grey-cardinal-gray alternates, Alabama to go Oregon and completely disregard school colors or just tasteful color schemes in general, and Texas to break out burnt orange with actual flames like on a Jersey trog's '83 Firebird, with a shiny chrome helmet.

Fuck it - go full Euro and have new unis every single fucking year, with corporate sponsors' logos prominently displayed on the helmets. When they go to the sidelines, have them wear bibs also with corporate logos on it, and end zones painted also in corporate logo heraldry.

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
All the fucking trog Nebraska fans on facebook that defend this shit make my skin crawl. If I hear any more about how the recruits "love alternate uniforms", I am going to plow my fist through a monitor. Recruits love winning. If we have to pull this shit and the best recruiting class we can pull in is ranked in the ass end of the top 30, then we may as well drop football. Does Alabama do this shit every year? I didn't think so. We aren't Oregon...we don't want to be Oregon. Fuck Oregon.

It's like some dumbfuck pulled a statement out of his ass about recruits caring about alternate uniforms and this whole state guzzled that cum without thinking twice about it. These people would be OK with us running out of the tunnel walk in full nazi regalia if they thought it helped recruiting, even if our class dropped to being ranked in the 100's. Godwin's law...invoked bitch.

bruin

nah. you win, you don't care what you wear. i'm sure if you guys would have fired pelini like you should have and hired scott frost, you wouldn't be saying fuck oregon either.