• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown about Uniforms - don we now our ghey apparel

CJ_24

Titans own the intellectual property for the Oilers. That means they probably own the color scheme. I'm not well-versed in IP, so idk if it's under copyright or trademark, but if the Texans used the Oilers uniforms, they would get sued.

So stupid. The Titans keeping the Oilers IP is reason enough to hate those clowns in Nashnulville

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
That's the best you can give me?

V7RmKLm.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Titans own the intellectual property for the Oilers. That means they probably own the color scheme. I'm not well-versed in IP, so idk if it's under copyright or trademark, but if the Texans used the Oilers uniforms, they would get sued.

So stupid. The Titans keeping the Oilers IP is reason enough to hate those clowns in Nashnulville

Eh - the Texans should pay whatever it takes, or petition the league to keep the history (and logos and colors schemes) of the Oilers in Houston. Didn't the (new) Cleveland Browns do something similar when their franchise left Cleveland and became the Baltimore Ravens?

Oh - and Houston IS a sweaty swamp, with a cheating ass fucking baseball team.

CJ_24

Eh - the Texans should pay whatever it takes, or petition the league to keep the history (and logos and colors schemes) of the Oilers in Houston. Didn't the (new) Cleveland Browns do something similar when their franchise left Cleveland and became the Baltimore Ravens?

Oh - and Houston IS a sweaty swamp, with a cheating ass fucking baseball team.
I don't think it was ever an option. IIRC correctly, the Titans Boomer owner was basically like "Fuck Houston, I'm keepin' dis, y'all go shit in a hat"

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I wish I could mute this thread forever. do they got da A on their glove who gives a fuck about football uniform fashion

Mame YO

slings rocks
That’s 3 straight years of color on color I like it. I was worried they were going black tbh I don’t think they did a true black uni this year, only the “nightmare green”. USC was a blackout game but they wore yellow jerseys lol.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Color-on-color rivalry games are the best

In the case of USC-UCLA, however, the reason USC worse their home cardinal and the Bruins wore their home blues is because they both actually were the home team.

Before they moved into the Rose Bowl in 1982, UCLA called the LA Coliseum their home stadium.

Edit: when UCLA moved to the Rose Bowl, USC wore their away whites when they played at the Rose Bowl, and UCLA wore their away whites when the game was at the Coliseum, as per NCAA rulezzzzz.

However, Pete Carroll and Rick Neuheisel revived the tradition of both teams wearing their home jerseys starting in 2008, even though it was against the NCAA rules. IIRC, the penalty was a loss of one timeout. On 2008, the game was at the Rose Bowl, so USC got penalized a timeout, but Rick Neuheisel immediately took a timeout of his own so both teams only had two timeouts that half. I recall that fans on both sides loudly cheered this "fuck the NCAA" stance from the coaches.

After that season, the NCAA allowed teams to wear home-and-home jerseys for rivalry games, so long as they wore "contrasting colors."

Last edited: