• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Beardown About...Rose Bowl #0

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
God damn Chinese fire drill on the PSU sideline there. Already down two timeouts before the end of the 1st quarter :mad:

Wished Christian Hackenberg didn't have a D1AA caliber OL around him: the dude's a stud who has a chance to be special at the next level.

He holds the ball too long occasionally. Otherwise, I agree. He's a baller.

PSUEagle

He holds the ball too long occasionally. Otherwise, I agree. He's a baller.

Agreed. But I think that can be fixed with experience/coaching. He's got all of the tools and intangibles that you can't teach, though. He'd be putting up great numbers if O'Brien/another quality OC were around and he had a real OL, IMO.

And this is the first game I've watched in awhile with Rod Gilmore as the color guy: he's got to be the worst. Nothing but inane cliches that are outdated by about 20 years. The difference from Mayock (hands down the best in the business) to him is jarring.

mcnoles

I like that ESPN set the time for Alabama/Arkansas for 6:00 pm, while they set a time for Mississippi/A&M at 9:00 pm. Did they really think the game would only take about 3 hour to finish?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
And this is the first game I've watched in awhile with Rod Gilmore as the color guy: he's got to be the worst. Nothing but inane cliches that are outdated by about 20 years. The difference from Mayock (hands down the best in the business) to him is jarring.

How is this different from any other color guy?

And Mayock? :laughing:

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
this looks like a goddamn bama spring game with these uniforms.

also I hate bert. so therefore I have to hate arkansas even though I have nothing against the school personally.

RAWL DAYM KIFFIN

mcnoles

bielma.0.gif

PSUEagle

And Mayock? :laughing:

Yes.

My test for color guys: does he point out the same stuff scheme/play wise that I do watching live? Mayock does and gets it right 95% of the time. He doesn't talk about "heart" and "want to" and other useless tripe: he gives you the nuts and bolts every play. Only guy comparable to him in quality/accuracy is Gruden, which is no coincidence as they're both football "lifers" who aren't true media types.

Who's your top guy(s)?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Herbstreit is the only one I like, but I don't think he's particularly great. Just less annoying than others.

Mayock is a huge ND homer and literally won't talk about anything the other team does. That's part of the reason I hate him, but I also never liked him as an NFL guy. I also think Gruden is terrible, because all he does is say, "what a great play by whoever!" He won't criticize anybody at all.

PSUEagle

Herbstreit in my mind just talks in generalities. What I like about Gruden and Mayock (and I'll throw in Brock Huard, too) is that all of them will tell you what the defense/offense did, who made the mistake, and what should have happened if said player doesn't make mistake.

Middle school level error by Hackenberg. Dude needs to understand score/situation and just eat the ball.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Bama beats a team that hasn't won an SEC game in their last 12 games, playoffs imminent!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Of course we also got our only good WR hurt, and our only serviceable QB went down on the dumbest QB sneak I've ever seen. Fantastic.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
That can't be the rule right? If every penalty on the offense gives them another 25 seconds to run off, they could run 10 minutes off the clock.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This Penn State - Michigan game is setting offensive football back about 30 years. I'm sure JoePa and Bo would love this game.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Bo Wallace kind of reminds me of Sam Bradford. Good arm in a good offense, decent enough legs

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I need to find out about the end of that Arkansas-Alabama game, because if that's really the rule then why isn't that being exploited every week?