• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Bammer trying to kill UAB?

Renegade

Charge on!
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24806444

TL;DR - Paul Bryant Jr. is mad that the father of UAB athletics, Gene Bartow, accused Alabama basketball of cheating and indirectly tied Bear Bryant into it. He's had it out for UAB for years as a result, and is trying to make his crowning achievement on the Alabama Board of Trustees being the end of UAB's football program. Also keep in mind that he had the Board veto the hiring of Jimbo Fisher as UAB's coach and forced them to hire Neil Callaway, who played for Bear.

After all, every dollar spent on UAB is a dollar not spent on paying of Nick Saban's house.

Last edited:

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
My main university's women's volleyball team (Long Beach State) is better than Alabama's so...
Who_fucking_cares.jpg

#BammerProblems

ajw18

Bammer
Reports coming out that this shit is actually happening. I never really took it seriously. I knew that, despite how ridiculous the thought was, the threat was real. I just didn't actually believe the bastards would follow through with it. Roll Timed.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Reports coming out that this shit is actually happening. I never really took it seriously. I knew that, despite how ridiculous the thought was, the threat was real. I just didn't actually believe the bastards would follow through with it. Roll Timed.

How shitty is that? Not just for the program but for the coaches and players. It sounds like a bunch of them plan on suing if it happens. Players for losing scholarships, coaches for UAB not honoring or ignoring buyouts. Most coaching contracts have a clause that protects the coach in the unlikely event that the program stops sponsoring football, it sounds like the UAB coaches did not have this included in their contract.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Does anyone know how a program closing its doors impacts athlete scholarships? Are they just fucked? If they want to transfer to another school do they have to wait out the normal year? That's such bullshit, UAB fans and donors should riot.

gilstein21

free to transfer and be eligible immediately ... that's what happened when pacific closed up shop in the 90s

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
free to transfer and be eligible immediately ... that's what happened when pacific closed up shop in the 90s

What about the athletes who can't get scholarship offers from other programs or can only get partial scholarships by dropping down to a lower level? Have to imagine they would have grounds to sue.

gilstein21

Ya that I don't know. I don't know if the university has to honor anything bc I doubt Uab has 4 year scholarships. I'm sure those details will be out shortly though.

Iron

Last year's UAB coach Garrick McGee who left (not fired) for an offensive coordinator job at Louisville was apprently tipped off about this happening and bolted. Shoulda known, that was one of the weirdest coaching moves last year.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Most people just took that as an inditement of how shitty being the coach of UAB was.

Wow, can't believe they killed it.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Time for all the other schools to go plunder what's left. Take everything not nailed down, players, coaches, pads, footballs, practice equipment.

Then burn the University down on the way out.