• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

B1G Basketball Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
838659916.gif

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Hey hey hey, Nebrasketball is now tied for 5th in the B1G with their win over Illinois last night.

They could go Major League now and win the whole fuckin thing. :cool:

OT - need better smilies.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Brasky beats Sparky.

Definitely an interesting twist, might put them in the NCAA bubble discussion.
They have an easy schedule remaining tooo:

Penn State
Purdue
@Illinois
Northwestern
@Indiana
Wisconin

After being picked to finish last in the B1G, finishing in the top half of the table would be an excellent development.

Petteway, Pitchford, and Parker are sophmores
Tai Webster is a freshman

Interesting.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Sparty haha. I thought you were talking about ASU, I was wondering why the hell they were playing.

Chase

If they go 5-1 down the stretch (with a win over Wisconsin), they'll get in. The bad thing about an 'easy schedule' is that any home loss sans Wisconsin will probably kill their chances. Definitely will be on my last 4 in/first 4 out list.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
GBR! GBR! GBR! Ho Lee Fuk, beating Budky was one thing but to beat Sparty on the road? Holy fuck. For one day we are relevant.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Thank you Nebrasketball. That MSU - Michigan game will likely decide the conference next weekend. Michigan has a cakewalk to finish the season (although I'm nervous about @Illinois with this team), and I think MSU will be favored in the rest of their games, even though they have a couple of tougher teams to play.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
One step closer to the true postseason....I'm thinking NIT, not the big dance for Nebrasketball at this point, even with 4 more wins.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Nebrasketball, bitches.

We've been on bubble watch since the MSU win. Took care of business vs. PSU. I think if we finish 5-0, we are a lock (would include another quality win vs. Wisconsin, that'd give us 3 Top 25 wins in Ohio State, MSU and Wisconsin), and we'd be 12-6 in conference. 4-1, and I like our chances, as long as we get one in the Big Ten Tourney. 3-2 is where you get into the really on the bubble talk - we'd probably have to make a run in the Big Ten tournament to get in. It's fun, though. I'm not sure the last time we were talking about NCAA possibilities for Nebraska this late in the season. Last time we made the tourney was 1998 and we've never won a game.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
BhLNLVVIQAALLxW.jpg

B1G refs everybody! :laughing:

If I were Stauskas, I would have just run Izzo over.

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Hell of a game in Ann Arbor. MSU is actually a really fun team to watch for a change. Instead of just brutalizing teams like they used to, they actually shoot the ball pretty damn well. And I really like watching Payne play. Him running the fast break is amazing - and he's really good at it. :laughing: Much better than the big guys that MSU used to have - like Paul whiny-bitch-face Davis.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan now 6-2 in the last 8 against MSU. Stauskas was all balls in the second half. On the threes he made, he had about an inch of space on each shot.

Michigan has 4 games left and will be favored in all of them. @ Illinois scares me a little bit, as does playing Minnesota at home and they're on the bubble. MSU has to play Iowa and then Ohio State on the road. I'd make Michigan a favorite to win the B1G title, but I think MSU still has a reasonable chance to split.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Nebrasketball, bitches.

We've been on bubble watch since the MSU win. Took care of business vs. PSU. I think if we finish 5-0, we are a lock (would include another quality win vs. Wisconsin, that'd give us 3 Top 25 wins in Ohio State, MSU and Wisconsin), and we'd be 12-6 in conference. 4-1, and I like our chances, as long as we get one in the Big Ten Tourney. 3-2 is where you get into the really on the bubble talk - we'd probably have to make a run in the Big Ten tournament to get in. It's fun, though. I'm not sure the last time we were talking about NCAA possibilities for Nebraska this late in the season. Last time we made the tourney was 1998 and we've never won a game.

Suddenly a game in what is called The Vault is turning into a hot ticket. Screw the Clink.

Regardless what happens the rest of the season, progress has been made. Hopefully Pettaway sticks around at least one more year, 2015 looks really special right now.

Chief

Lt. Fun Times
Hats off to scUM. MSU just doesn't have enough to keep up on offense with Appling playing nowhere close to 100%. He was just a non-factor in this game. Need another scorer besides Harris against good teams, and Payne didn't have it today. If Levert can play like that consistently then that is a scary team in March. I steal feel like you'll are just a big man short though. Morgan just isn't good enough

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
Huskers roll Purdue by 19. We were up 27 before putting all the walk ons in. Now 16-10 (8-6), and 6th in the B1G (.5 game back of 5th & 4th, 1 game back of 3rd). Remaining schedule:

@Illinois
Northwestern
@Indiana
Wisconsin

Hardest will be Wisconsin, but we've been money at the Vault this year. 13-1, with the only loss to Michigan by 1 in which we missed a point blank tip in as time expired. Getting the road wins will be huge.

Wop Genius

MSU healthy? Final Four team

MSU injured... Sweet 16 max.

And remember when Purdue used to be a top 25 caliber team? Man they've fallen off quickly. Too bad Robbie Hummel couldn't play 10 years.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
MSU healthy? Final Four team

MSU injured... Sweet 16 max.

And remember when Purdue used to be a top 25 caliber team? Man they've fallen off quickly. Too bad Robbie Hummel couldn't play 10 years.

Or Brian Cardinal, or Brad Miller, or....

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Hats off to scUM. MSU just doesn't have enough to keep up on offense with Appling playing nowhere close to 100%. He was just a non-factor in this game. Need another scorer besides Harris against good teams, and Payne didn't have it today. If Levert can play like that consistently then that is a scary team in March. I steal feel like you'll are just a big man short though. Morgan just isn't good enough

I'm not sure how scary this team is in March. I feel like they could be a final four team but also go out in the first round. The formula for stopping them is pretty simple: stop Stauskas - which is possible - and then hope the rest of the team has an off night. That's how Indiana beat Michigan. A mid major that's tough on defense and also has a shutdown defender could pose some big problems for Michigan. They also have a really bad habit of getting down big early in big games. Did it again today and fought back early enough.

That said, stopping Stauskas is difficult if you don't have the talent of Duke or an individual defender like Ohio State, MSU (although Harris hasn't really stopped him from scoring in the two games they've played), and Indiana. And if the team gets hot shooting, they can blow most teams out of the building.

Chase

Minnesota back in with that win. If Minnesota beats Michigan, they should be in.. if not, they'll probably have to win 2 B1G tourney games to feel safe. Not sure you're comfortable on selection sunday with a Michigan loss, Penn State win, Northwestern (B1G tourney) win and a Michigan State loss.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Not sure what the rest of the big ten teams schedules look like but given what brasky is facing, they have a legit chance to wind up #3-#4 in the big ten.

I expect them to come back to earth and drop a game or two; wiscy and one on the road

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Well, Michigan apparently escaped with a win. Didn't see it. But from what I'm reading, it was ridiculous.

Dr. Shats Basoon

The ending was cray.
UM inbound from half court. Lobbed it to GR3 in the short corner. GR3 proceeds to boogie a bit and banks in a shot that somehow didn't get blocked

Plotty

Tath Meacher
#nebrasketball only down three given three best scorers shot the ball like garbage. We have a shot here as long as we don't implode.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Brasky playing like poopy butt cheeks. Forcing the ball to pettaway. No offense.

All is right in the world
Fire Bo Pelinski Tim Miles

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
841083588.gif

I hope this doesn't mean our luck will run out come tournament time.

Although, really, I'd rather win the Big Ten outright and then go home early in the tournament than lose the Big Ten from this position.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Thanks, Illinois. Michigan has a least a share of the Big Ten title, and will get it outright with one more win (@Illinois, Indiana).

Chase

Nebraska, Illinois and Indiana all with nice wins to end the season. I'm expecting a crazy B1G tourney. Hopefully one of those teams can get to the B1G final, especially Illinois.