• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Arkansas Razorbacks

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Arkansas 2-Deep

QB
Duwop Mitchell, SR-RS, (86 OVR)
Ty Storey, FR-RS, (82 OVR)
HB
Denzall Evans, JR-RS, (89 OVR)
Rawleigh Williams III, FR-RS (83 OVR) or
Juan Day, SO-RS, (85 OVR)
WR
Hunter Henry, SR, (96 OVR)
Jared Cornelius, SO-RS, (84 OVR)
Cody Hollister, SR-RS, (86 OVR)
TE
Jeremy Sprinkle, JR-RS, (89 OVR)
Alex Kraus, FR-SR, (78 OVR)
LT
Dan Skipper, SR, (97 OVR)
Jalen Merrick, FR-RS, (84 OVR)
LG
Denver Kirkland, SR, (98 OVR)
Johnny Gibson, SO-RS, (84 OVR)
C
Frank Ragnow, SO-RS, (89 OVR)
Zach Rogers, FR, (79 OVR)
RG
Reeve Koehler, JR-RS, (86 OVR)
Josh Allen, FR-RS, (80 OVR)
RT
Brian Wallace, SO-RS, (87 OVR)
Colton Jackson, FR-RS, (77 OVR)

LDE
Jamichael Winston, SR-RS, (91 OVR)
Tevin Beanum, JR-RS, (86 OVR)
RDE
Mitchell Loewen, SR-RS, (89 OVR)
Brandon Lewis, JR-RS, (84 OVR)
DT
Darius Philon, SR-RS, (94 OVR)
Bijhon Jackson, SO-RS, (89 OVR)
Deatrich Wise, SR-RS, (88 OVR)
ROLB
Khalia Hackett, SO-RS, (84 OVR)
Dwayne Eugene, SO-RS, (78 OVR)
MLB
Brooks Ellis, SR, (88 OVR)
Josh Williams, JR-RS, (87 OVR)
LOLB
Randy Ramsey, SO-RS, (83 OVR)
Dre Greenlaw, FR-RS, (75 OVR)
CB
Jared Collins, SR-RS, (91 OVR)
DJ Dean, JR-RS, (85 OVR)
Kevin Richardson, JR-RS, (81 OVR)
Ryan Pulley, FR-RS, (79 OVR)
FS
Henre Tolliver, SO-RS, (89 OVR)
DeAndre Coley, JR-RS, (85 OVR)
SS
Josh Liddell, SO-RS, (87 OVR)
Kevin Richardson, JR-RS, (81 OVR)
DeAndre Coley, JR-RS, (85 OVR)

K
Adam McFain, SR, (93 OVR)
P
Blake Johnson, FR-RS (86 OVR)

KR/PR
Rawleigh Williams III, (93 SPD, 96 ACC, 94 ELU)

Last edited:

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Arkansas Razorbacks Scouting Report
Head Coach: @NavyHog
Week 6 - Year 3
February 27th, 2015

Arkansas 20
Nebraska 34

Offense

Balanced spread. Just as comfortable running as he is throwing. He ran 57 plays, 36 pass attempts and 21 rush attempts but this is not indicative of what his offense is. He wants to be run first but fell behind 3 touchdowns at halftime and just had to spread it and sling it around just to have a chance.

His run game is explosive. Those 21 rushes went for 203 yards (9.7/carry). If you factor in the handful of runs stopped for a loss, that should give you an idea just how explosive his run game is. It was a full team effort rushing, tailbacks and quarterback(s) alike. His primary QB Mitchell is a dual threat guy, very athletic. You have to use aggressive option defense against him or you'll be roasted. I got caught in conservative option defense a few times early and it cost me with both Mitchell and the backup QB Storey, who saw just one snap, for a 41 yard run. Surprised Storey didn't come back out after that, but Arkansas was forced to get one dimensional not long after.

Early on @NavyHog wanted to be fairly balanced and establish the run. It was hit or miss for him, alternating some big runs with some tackles for loss. His team was not very successful running into a loaded box. Part of that could be the skill level of my defensive linemen, but mostly it just didn't look like a good fit. Once the offense got more spread and allowed the QB to play in space a bit more, it was very difficult to D up. His QB is so athletic that you just have to account for him, either with a Spy/Contain or manually. That leaves some weaknesses on the perimeter in the passing game, but better that than the alternative of letting him run all over you. Most of his run game is a variation of Read Option or Wrap but there may have been some Power/Trap Read in there as well.

His automatic go-to in "need to convert/need to score" situations is Empty. If it weren't for Empty, I'm not sure Arkansas puts double digit points on the board in this game. His team is built for Empty. A very athletic QB and huge possession receivers who tower over everyone on the field. His top WR is 6'6" 253 with a 6'4" guy across from him. Both HBs are good pass catchers and both TEs are 6'6" 6'5" monsters. If he really wanted to, Navy could probably go Empty all game. Even in redzone and & Short/& GL situations he will go Empty and it will be successful, both passing and running.

A lot of air raid staples in the passing game, especially stuff like Shallow, Snag and the occasional vertical stuff. Pretty good screen game, although he got away from it when he fell behind. Make no mistake though, the primary threat here is the run game. His team is built to throw, but the instant you get predictable and start dropping 7-8 into coverage every down, he'll own you with it. Some INTs and Sacks were about the only thing to disrupt his momentum in the second half. Picking your spots with a blitz can do wonders.

Defense

Multiple defense. If there is a front in the game, he has it in his defensive playbook. It felt like he was in 425 quite a bit early on but did not have an answer for my run game early so went straight to some heavy fronts, 46 and 52 and what might have been a Bear front 335 or maybe just an oddly shifted version of 46.

The 46/Bear look was very difficult to run against. As in real life, it becomes very difficult to pull guards and run typical power/counter puller stuff vs a Bear front. That took away the majority of my power run game but he did end up being susceptible to option because of it. @NavyHog is one of the few who routinely utilize conservative option defense, electing instead to tackle the QB manually. In the past, this was very difficult for me to handle offensively, but since my move to Pistol I caught him guessing the wrong way often. My QB went off on him because of that.

I only completed 5 of 9 passing so I can't speak much to his pass defense, but I caught him in some bad coverages in part to his aggressive run defense. If you're run first/run heavy, you should have success with twins formations like Twin TE Slot vs his defense, especially throwing to the TE side. You can get some mismatches out there. My TD pass came with a Wingback at the 2nd TE spot in Twin TE Slot. Just threw a quick slant vs a LB for a score. His pass defense is generally very good, he will drop 7 or 8 into coverage often, especially in the redzone and 3rd & Medium so don't be afraid to run, even on 3rd down.

Special Teams

His kicker drilled one from 57 with more than enough room to spare. He had a little wind at his back but even without the wind I think it's easily good from 60. Oddly though not all of his kickoffs went out of the endzone. One was just to the goal line and got returned 66 yards, another about 6 yards deep. That might have been on purpose to force a return and coverage, but I'm not sure. Every punt was out of bounds, sometimes to the detriment of distance but probably a wise decision given the quality of my return man. Coffin cornered a punt at the 3 with perfect accuracy. Did not see any of his return game. He also recovered an onside kick in this game to give me a scare but the second landed safely in my hands.

Overall

The bottomline vs Navy is taking care of the ball. If you end up with a positive turnover differential, you've got a very good chance to win. If you turn the ball over early and often, he will run you out of the building without any difficulty. I think I caught him in a transition period with his offense and it looked like he wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do most, but that run game has the potential to be deadly, especially if you let him get an early lead. The most important thing you can do against @NavyHog is get out to an early lead and force him to be one dimensional, which will lead to turnovers. If you trail him early, you're probably fucked.

RamesuThe1

Game played 3/4/15
Ark - 33 - TCU - 40 (OT)

Offense:

Run heavy, all SG run and heavily guard movement based (trap, counter, power) some QB designed runs and a little read as well. After getting gashed for most of the game I started playing "follow the guards" to try and chase down the ball carrier from behind and had some success attacking the areas vacated by the guards. Other times, the run lanes opened in perfect timing for easy double digit gains. Passing attack was extremely cautious and limited. At one point I belive his QB was 10/10 for 90 yards. Threw some pop screens, a corner route against man and a curl route, not much else. I was down 16 points in the 4th and got back to back picks on pop screens going cover 0, blitzing LBs to try to contain the pulling run plays. Broke a ton of tackles despite my setting the tackling to conservative.

Defense:

LDE is athletic and almost wrecked the game for me. Moving the ball and scoring were issues for me, mostly because I didn't want to throw into coverage against his defense, once I was forced into it I did have some success. Seemed like I got a lot of aggressive zone and safeties typically were caught flat-footed on deep balls, connected on a couple as a result, missed a few more. Mixes coverage, blitz, man, zone, very well and does a great job not falling into a pattern for the most part, except he prefers to play zone. Caught him with the option setting on conservative a few times and was able to set up a nice back-side slant TD as he adjusted to contain the QB with his FS.

Special Teams:

Kicker nailed a 59 (against the wind) and a 55 yarder

bluejay13

Arkansas Razorbacks Scouting Report

Game Played: 6/12/15
Result: Arkansas 37 Tennessee 19
Offense:

Speed, speed, and speed are a beautiful combination with Navy's massive and powerful offensive line. For this game I thought I could rely on my base 4-3 defense but Navy had his way with me. My game plan going in was to play #23 Williams his runningback because of his game changing ability to cut back and take it to the house. That's where his QB #12 Storey racked up the needed yardage to keep the chains moving(his rushing stats are inflated from a sack on a screen play). Most of the time he played (2 WR - 2 TE - 1 HB) and I got exploited by all 3 position groups courtesy of Navy's play calling. Did I mention how fast Williams was? Well his #89 WR McLovin is even faster! Trying to contain those two combined with his primary tightends was hard to stop. Navy ran the motion jet sweep with McLovin to his stacked TE side out of the shotgun. Williams also acts as a deadly lead blocker on the edge(put little Dave McIntyre my SS on his ass) for #89 to leave baby face Matt Watts my FS in the dust. Be aware of where both of these two weapons are on EVERY snap because I believe Navy brought out the same formation BUT McLovin wasn't in the slot everytime. I had to manually start playing as the safety to the strong side of the formation where the tightends were so the split end had nothing but day light if he beat the press. Navy just so happened to move #89 out there and BAM! just like that a 70+ TD strike. At this point I unloaded the box a bit since he was killing me with the sweeps and deep ball. Navy then adjusted by just giving the rock to Williams right behind his very impressive offensive line. Navy was able to rack up yards with his various formation subs and sequential style play calling. The only bad thing I could say about his offense was not Navy's fault at all but his QB #12 takes a bit to warm up before getting accurate. Storey just about give me a Christmas present on the first drive of the game because of his inaccuracy in the beginning(road game factor too). I really can't complain about my beat down because Navy's set the tone with his offense and kept me guessing.

Defense:

I should have written these reports sooner because my memory is a little fuzzy. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Navy had at least 7 guys in the box against my running game and played the quarterback on the option read. He mostly had 1 deep safety the entire game against me because his linebackers are very fast and flow to the ball extremely well. Don't even think about running a jet sweep against his defense. At times I would run inside zone or base(backside pulling guard) and I had a crease for a split second before his defense swallowed up my runningback. I think I may have gotten QB power to burst a few big runs but that was mostly because my quarterback broke tackles to keep the play alive. I sound like a broken record but everybody is fast on his defense. One play in particular was me going for a 2-point conversion to pull within 10 points. I had a rub route out of the bunch formation and Navy diagnosed the play as soon as the ball was snapped and hauled ass for a user pick to take it to the house for 2.

Special Teams:
Completely fuzzy on this one but I do know that McLovin or Williams had a 40+ yard kick return on me