• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Air Raid Offense

TheSystem

You guys still playing NCAA???

Everyday. Run an offline 10 team dynasty each team has a different style of play.

Ain't no football like college football... if Madden ever had a play and formation editor I might go back to it, but the play books in NCAA 14 are realistic enough for me to work my schemes until something better comes along.

fanoftgame

Sounds like you want to marry pro style run game with an air raid passing concept? This is a pass concept I look for in any pro style sets when I am building my playbooks.

I LOVE corner concept for me it's like stealing.. you can hot your way to it if you got someone to run corner.
I use shallow cross as my primary pass concept in my pro-style offense. The main thing I trying to do is apply 3 yards and a cloud of dust and apply to the air.

TheSystem

how often do you guys run draws and screens?

Not enough:) I try to work in every screen (Bubbles,HB swings and screens,Middle screens and Quick screens) at least once during a game. Typically I will get to at least a pa SE screen via an audible at least every other drive. Need to do more draws. Also working on getting in more shovels.

TheSystem

Whats you guys read on the Deep Comback?

Also is it different man vs zone?

I'm hotting the back to the option route, then reading first outside backer/safety to corner to get a feel for the coverage I'm going deep to comeback to back on the option based on how the defense is dropping, typically hitting the deep or option vs zone and comeback vs man.

Thepro_23

What routes are effective against each coverage (mainly man, cover 2, and cover 3)? I've got to the point where I can read coverages, but I don't know how to attack them.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Assuming you're strictly talking the game:

Cover 2: Smash, Y Corner, Y Cross, Mesh, Shallow, Four Verticals

Cover 3: Four Verticals, Shallow, Flood, Y Corner

Cover 4: Mesh, Shallow, Smash, Y Cross

Man (can be an Air Raid killer in the game): Stick (the double slant side), Mesh (in real life; in the game, you'll get the pick like 1/100 times), Y Corner (slant vs. bump and run, corner vs. off), Smash (can hit the hitch quick or corner against off man)

My favorite thing to do against Man is run that stem post route you see in WR Post Corner out of Spread Flex or Slot Corner out of 5WR Trips. Out of 2x2 sets, I hot route the slot guys to drags to create Mesh and out of 3x2, I put the guy on the same side as the post on a go to occupy the safety. That route gets man mirrored occasionally, but 99% of the time, it's a 14-16 yard completion.

Downinthebend

Does anyone know how I can get 5 WR trips to have a quick pass audible? I currently have QB blast and a screen as the pa/run

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Formation audibles are notoriously tricky. Maybe try deleting the formation and just putting Stick in, see if that works as your quick pass audible, and then go from there?

Downinthebend

I put stick as the only play and it wasn't accepted as the formation audible. I put stick and one other play as the formation audible and it wasn't accepted. :emo:

Downinthebend

I accidentally nuked my entire playbook, and readded it. I was able to get slants as the quick audible for 5 wr trips. but now i'm having an issue with Trio 4wr str not accepting stick as the audible, can you tell me your quick audibles for that? @bruin228

FSS

What do y'all think of split backs?
From an air raid perspective I general am not much of a fan. When I think of split back I want my rb's to threatening the flats and perimeter in a hurry to open up space behind and between the lbs and safeties. The way most routes out of the backfield are they aren't much of a threat to do any thing if they catch the ball.

Downinthebend

From an air raid perspective I general am not much of a fan. When I think of split back I want my rb's to threatening the flats and perimeter in a hurry to open up space behind and between the lbs and safeties. The way most routes out of the backfield are they aren't much of a threat to do any thing if they catch the ball.
That is kinda what I'm thinking.. really thinking of getting rid of it, but it has some nice passes like mesh post.

Reactions: FSS

FSS

How do you guys deal with press man coverage when your at a ratings disadvatange. Now I know your thinking that man defense is easy to beat. Which it is if you run outs all game. However, I found if you run into teams with a high cvr corners and press ratings they pretty much mirror or defend well anything to the inside and even take away a lot of corners.

When I played before I tried to have some type of out or corner when I suspected man but, looking back I wonder if that wasn't kind of cheesy on my part. It was almost always get open given enough time (to outside) but inside it was almost guaranteed to get locked up.

I would also try and formation to get a TE(sometimes a RB) on a linebacker which works pretty well. I wish they better collision detection so I could get in bunch formations and eliminate the press man by alignment like irl but, it is what it is.

What are your thoughts is that cheesy or do defenders just play with inside leverage and your taking advantage of that?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
How do you guys deal with press man coverage when your at a ratings disadvatange. Now I know your thinking that man defense is easy to beat. Which it is if you run outs all game. However, I found if you run into teams with a high cvr corners and press ratings they pretty much mirror or defend well anything to the inside and even take away a lot of corners.

When I played before I tried to have some type of out or corner when I suspected man but, looking back I wonder if that wasn't kind of cheesy on my part. It was almost always get open given enough time (to outside) but inside it was almost guaranteed to get locked up.

I would also try and formation to get a TE(sometimes a RB) on a linebacker which works pretty well. I wish they better collision detection so I could get in bunch formations and eliminate the press man by alignment like irl but, it is what it is.

What are your thoughts is that cheesy or do defenders just play with inside leverage and your taking advantage of that?

Run the routes with the stems at the beginning, they are pretty much guaranteed to destroy man. Look at the route Z runs on WR Post Corner out of Spread Flex.

Reactions: FSS

Downinthebend

:ninja:I'm having trouble with middle of the field concepts versus user lb from versus, specifically it feels like I can't even run shallow much. I'm just easing into online play and not all user coverage so I don't have much practice. Does anyone have some tips?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
:ninja:I'm having trouble with middle of the field concepts versus user lb from versus, specifically it feels like I can't even run shallow much. I'm just easing into online play and not all user coverage so I don't have much practice. Does anyone have some tips?

Try to make the switch to coordinator cam. This will enable you to see the entire field vice between the hashes.

Against a good user you need to have multiple guys in the same vicinity running routes (like double stick) because most guys (me included) is going to jump that first route.

Downinthebend

I've always ( inspired by Leach) valued accuracy way greater than throw power, but I'm cursed this OD season with one dead QB (his back was done gone) and one QB with no accuracy and no throwpower, which throws exactly will it be tough to complete, and which would be "easiest" with these limitations?

Downinthebend

Stick, Shallow, Mesh (mostly stick to the Dig variety), Snag, bubble screens, tunnel screens, slip screens.
What will happen if I try to throw backshoulder curls and corner routes? Massive sadness?

I imagine all vertical routes are just gone unless its a clean release.

What formations have Mesh Dig, or do you just suggest hotrouting the corner to a 1st down dig?

Last edited:

JAR201166

What will happen if I try to throw backshoulder curls and corner routes? Massive sadness?

What formations have Mesh Dig, or do you just suggest hotrouting the corner to a 1st down dig?
Interceptions

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Curls might be okay, corners I would stay away from.

Pistol Spread Flex and Shotgun and Pistol Trips Open for sure. Otherwise, yeah, hot routing.

jonsapp7487

Has anyone ran the play mesh post from cluster HB strong with the automation? That play may be the hardest in the game to stop. That automation fade is so glitchy. Then you have a wheel to the back a deep post over the middle and a slant to give a high low concept. Not to mention add the element of a running qb and it is awful. We have a guy that runs this non stop and I have no idea how to stop it. Any thoughts ?

Downinthebend

Can someone write a guide for beating cover 2 man press when I don't want to run the ball every single down (perhaps worse personel) I used that wr post play and it was nice but I need more viraty

In ranked just now I scored 63 points with 660 total offense, and lost by 10

FSS

Can someone write a guide for beating cover 2 man press when I don't want to run the ball every single down (perhaps worse personel) I used that wr post play and it was nice but I need more viraty

Easy answer is to always have a 10 yard out from the slot in every play. Also have your best route runner run it. On the backside have some type of slant or post.

If you have a receiving Te (80 Route Running or better) He should be a natural mismatch vs most safeties and all lb's. Formations where the Te is the last man to one side and the wrs to other side force defense to make a decision. If they keep a corner over on Te then there should be a mismatch backside in the slot vs your best wr. If they matchup then you your run outs and corners To your Te vs lbs and safeties. You can also motion back out to get a better matchup on your Te

FSS

43%20Normal%202%20Man%20Under%20Flipped%20vs%20Ace%20Twins.jpg

This is an example of the formation you can use. Put your best wr in the slot. The Te has a mismatch lb/safety.If the guy manned on Te is corner motion rb right get the mlb on Te. Also if they really want to keep corner on your Te you should go to a run play towards the Te where he has a blocking mismatch would should open up some explosive run plays depending on user safety ability

But I cant help but think if you scored 63points in ranked(5min qrts) and he scored 73, beating cover 2 man isnt really your problem.