1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

Air Raid Offense

Discussion in 'NCAA Football Discussion' started by bruin228, Feb 13, 2014.

1. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    LEACH
    You're right in that you're probably not going to get very many of the advantages that you may get in real life. I have noticed a difference on screens like you mentioned, so that's nice. Otherwise, if I'm splitting out a TE, it's because that formation has something I like, not necessarily because it'll give me the matchup I want like in real life. Normal Y-Flex (or Y-Slot, can never remember) has some nice stuff, like a play called Slot Choice (I think) which is like how teams run Shallow in real life, with the receiver either running the dig or settling in a soft spot against zone. You also get HB Power, which motions the TE across the formation to block and a PA WR In play that includes that motion and then has him run a shallow back to the other side. There's also stuff like Trey Open Offset, which is great to throw out of, because you get six in the box most of the time since the defense recognizes it as 11 personnel. Also, this doesn't help with your TE stuff, but I like including that formation alongside Bunch/Cluster and using the 4WR formation sub. Then you can get a nice 10 personnel 3x1 offset formation and no huddle into a 10 personnel Bunch set.

FSS likes this.
  2. TheSystem

TheSystem Member

As far as Red Zone Concepts: I am with Bruin on Stick and Y corner, I will also use Mesh and HB Screen

TE's like Gronk, Gronk was an Air Raid TE in College and they played him everywhere on the line,split out, H Back. I would do the same. If he is a Gronk he's not going to be covered by the 4th best DB and should have a physical mismatch not speed but size.

Best Route runner goes in the Z spot (outside Right Receiver).

As far as the avi, yep that's Tony at Auburn on a PC, figured it was a great Avi for a board about football. I prefer his running game (zone/read option base) and no huddle style (a fast as you can go approach) vs Mumme/Leach. Technically the line splits and pass blocking styles are different IRL.

FSS likes this.
  3. Gooksta

Gooksta Well-Known Member

Can you be considered an air raid offense if you run the ball more than u pass, but ur passing concepts are primarily air raid concepts?? In your opinion?

4. bruin228

bruin228 Madden Mobile Addict NCAA Moderator

Team:
    LEACH
    Nah

Gooksta likes this.
  5. TheSystem

TheSystem Member

Since you asked.. IMO....no, your a run team that uses air raid pass concepts but you aren't an Air Raid team.

Gooksta likes this.