• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

A Reel CH2k8 Dynasty

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
It begins...

5dae93e4gxbjxyehxdp0hasyq.gif

Reel

Community Liaison
A little background on this dynasty.

I used the rosters files from:
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...fan247365s-2013-14-roster-thread-xbox360.html

You may ask why even use rosters anyway. They will be gone in a couple of years and starting out, you have to pick a scrub team so you won't even get to play with Randle, Wiggins, Parker, etc... Well, I'm trying to make this as challenging as possible. With the other teams mirroring their real life counterparts, it adds a different element to the non human controlled teams. It will make sure that I don't have a cakewalk in the tournament with an inferior roster. There are some glaring things wrong with this roster file. Mainly, some of the coaches havent been updated, and a few of the lesser known teams, but all the major schools as I appreciated have been updated and some have even had uniform changes.

I'm going to use these sliders:
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...nalumnis-post-patch-all-american-sliders.html

I dont have a ton of time to play so I want the best possible experience. I dont like getting blown out, but I like to have a chance even if I'm playing a more superior team. Sometimes you just have to take your L's when they come, but every now and then, it would be nice to squeak out an upset.

Sidenote: I just found this conference realignment thread
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...44-ultimate-conf-realignment-2014-beyond.html

Dude that created it said it took him an hr and its pretty close to the real thing but even he faced limitations with the way the game was designed so I think he had to dump teams in certain places in major conferences to keep the balance based off of the 2009 season. I MIGHT reconsider starting over, trying this alignment out and seeing how things shake up.

....Scratch that. After reading that thread some more it appears it will be more trouble than its worth down the line later on in the legacy b/c power house schools will lose out on recruits or something.

Anyway, I tried to do a googledoc spreadsheet last night but that took too much time for my liking so i will just take pics with my phone and post here. Thank you for following.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Definitely Bart Scott now reading the background info. Also, super idea taking pics and posting. Going to steal the idea for the Fairbanks Gold Miners.

Reel

Community Liaison
Ya'll gon have to excuse the pics. Took them from my phone. Will try to do better for the next installment but I generally approach dynasties by simulating the first year. Kinda sets the tone for whats to come and gives me something to work on.Here is the Bio after year 1:

S0GS9mA.jpg

Here is the roster going into year 2. Only one player left due to graduation. I wasnt able to recruit ANY players so my staff and I have our work cut out for us.

kfgwLnw.jpg

And here's the schedule for the month of November. I forgot to take a pic of the schedule before we played the first game but see next post
FLu6cya.jpg

Reel

Community Liaison
First game up in the new year was Syracuse. Surprisingly they werent ranked, but here's how it turned out:

7VVXlki.jpg

How we did:
Kma8oNk.jpg

How they did:
53GxCEn.jpg

Reel

Community Liaison
Thunder fans would like to point out reel's 18 to 2 free throw attempt advantage.

Most of them came in the final seconds when they were trailing. I also ran a 1-3-1 zone so they settled for a lot of jump shots

Reel

Community Liaison
maybe later. Would've been nice if I found a deal like Travis did. Lucky bastard

Reel

Community Liaison
ugh. on a 6 game losing streak after starting the year 3-0