• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2090 WBL Season

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
MIA 4-2 SEO

CONGRATS TO @TonyGin&Juice

Other than two innings where we got after Perez your pitching just shut us down.

papi1.gif

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
ECmGA-sX4AEFYOT.jpg

Got my new boat all loaded up with STUDZ to celebrate a THIRD ring before we blow town for a new and better stadium in a location TK. What a way to say goodbye to 39 seasons in Miami!

Unreal that we finally were able to get past @Karl Hungus and @doh in the paloffs and win one after 31 seasons of relative futility. This lineup had a lot of contact (huge props to @Mr. Radpants for sending Fells to me) and worked a lot of counts to get into the bullpen buffet but man that bottom third of the lineup was really bad. Not quite as flat out awful as the 2059 World Series lineup that @Orlando couldn't put out of their misery (take a look at those BUMS for some history) but this waiver wire claim and this "centerfielder" are going to be lucky to be getting ABs with the Hampton Hobbes next season if they aren't outright released/non-tendered. Fortunately I have a couple of decent options on the farm for outfielders so those two exiting the org shouldn't cause any issues, especially Forget, who I want to Forget.

Fells, Sauvage, Selcuk, Cruz, and Salazar might have been one of the best overall rosters I've ever had with all of those guys (sans Fells) also being decent to excellent fielding their position, which has been rare with any of the decent teams I've had over the years. Really too bad Sauvage wanted an eight year $25M AAV extension because he's definitely a guy I'd love to give stupid Niek Ploeg money to but that's not going to happen with his 45 contact. No idea if he'll win the MVP or not this season but if he does hit free agency he's leaving Miami on a very high note and I can't complain about his tenure here. Really too bad he wasn't more of a shithead or I'd say the sim created our own Manny Machado but dude is too nice for that, which is really too bad.

The pitching was good this season even after adjusting the park factors and having my "ace" with 35 stamina throw way innings and get lit up like @Rutgers Mike hero Tom Seaver during the paloffs. The two stoppers/closer by committee strategy worked out pretty well once Basil had his season/career ending injury, which I really thought would blow up in ma'face like my heel turn as a faux Trumpkin/China Virus denier did last summer. Hopefully a few of these arms down on the farm don't come down with the elbow tightness and/or fail to develop an even mediocre third pitch or it might be another 30 years before we win again.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
ECmGA-sX4AEFYOT.jpg

Got my new boat all loaded up with STUDZ to celebrate a THIRD ring before we blow town for a new and better stadium in a location TK. What a way to say goodbye to 39 seasons in Miami!

Unreal that we finally were able to get past @Karl Hungus and @doh in the paloffs and win one after 31 seasons of relative futility. This lineup had a lot of contact (huge props to @Mr. Radpants for sending Fells to me) and worked a lot of counts to get into the bullpen buffet but man that bottom third of the lineup was really bad. Not quite as flat out awful as the 2059 World Series lineup that @Orlando couldn't put out of their misery (take a look at those BUMS for some history) but this waiver wire claim and this "centerfielder" are going to be lucky to be getting ABs with the Hampton Hobbes next season if they aren't outright released/non-tendered. Fortunately I have a couple of decent options on the farm for outfielders so those two exiting the org shouldn't cause any issues, especially Forget, who I want to Forget.

Fells, Sauvage, Selcuk, Cruz, and Salazar might have been one of the best overall rosters I've ever had with all of those guys (sans Fells) also being decent to excellent fielding their position, which has been rare with any of the decent teams I've had over the years. Really too bad Sauvage wanted an eight year $25M AAV extension because he's definitely a guy I'd love to give stupid Niek Ploeg money to but that's not going to happen with his 45 contact. No idea if he'll win the MVP or not this season but if he does hit free agency he's leaving Miami on a very high note and I can't complain about his tenure here. Really too bad he wasn't more of a shithead or I'd say the sim created our own Manny Machado but dude is too nice for that, which is really too bad.

The pitching was good this season even after adjusting the park factors and having my "ace" with 35 stamina throw way innings and get lit up like @Rutgers Mike hero Tom Seaver during the paloffs. The two stoppers/closer by committee strategy worked out pretty well once Basil had his season/career ending injury, which I really thought would blow up in ma'face like my heel turn as a faux Trumpkin/China Virus denier did last summer. Hopefully a few of these arms down on the farm don't come down with the elbow tightness and/or fail to develop an even mediocre third pitch or it might be another 30 years before we win again.

I still don't know how Sauvage does it with such bad contact & avoid K ratings.

TonyGin&Juice

Tony has as many rings to kiss as I do? Wheres my glock?

To be fair that first one in ‘52 really should go to @Gooksta since he built that team and anyone could have done alright with that 2010s Royals lineup. Still not sure how that 2059 team won but @Travis7401 is probably right that the sim screw up that led to the one game paloff with @NML gave them some kind of predestined TWTW (The Will To Win). At least that’s what I’m going to choose to believe. Can’t get the league history to load on the site but that team had decent pitching but absolutely no defense. Great contact hitters and a decent bullpen but the bottom half of that lineup was embarrassingly awful.

I still don't know how Sauvage does it with such bad contact & avoid K ratings.

Not sure if they’ve increased in the 2021 MLB The Show but in the 2020 version Machado had almost exactly the same ratings as Sauvage, except Machado had worst ratings against RHP. Guy is a legit stud but I couldn’t justify letting Cruz walk and keeping Sauvage and his 45 contact with all of the other overpaid guys on the roster. At least not if I wanted to keep my DEV and draft budgets high.

TonyGin&Juice

They’re all pretty much set to 1.000 so no advantage or disadvantage. Having a guy with 70 contact this season was a huge help.

Gooksta

To be fair that first one in ‘52 really should go to @Gooksta since he built that team and anyone could have done alright with that 2010s Royals lineup. Still not sure how that 2059 team won but @Travis7401 is probably right that the sim screw up that led to the one game paloff with @NML gave them some kind of predestined TWTW (The Will To Win). At least that’s what I’m going to choose to believe. Can’t get the league history to load on the site but that team had decent pitching but absolutely no defense. Great contact hitters and a decent bullpen but the bottom half of that lineup was embarrassingly awful.

Not sure if they’ve increased in the 2021 MLB The Show but in the 2020 version Machado had almost exactly the same ratings as Sauvage, except Machado had worst ratings against RHP. Guy is a legit stud but I couldn’t justify letting Cruz walk and keeping Sauvage and his 45 contact with all of the other overpaid guys on the roster. At least not if I wanted to keep my DEV and draft budgets high.
Doubtful. I woulda screwed it up somehow overthinking it.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Signing guys to some moronic extensions is going to start hurting me. First time I won't have UNLIMITED cash going into an off-season.

If people in JV wake up and start exporting, I might even miss the playoffs.
S’cuse me? Miss the what? Ur lexicon needs updating.

TonyGin&Juice

Signing guys to some moronic extensions is going to start hurting me. First time I won't have UNLIMITED cash going into an off-season.

If people in JV wake up and start exporting, I might even miss the playoffs.

I'm inching closer and closer to driving up to Noo Jersey and forcing @Rutgers Mike to start exporting on the reg since he's got a great core of pitchers and hitters at the WBL and a really solid farm system just waiting to WIN babby! Moronic extensions were fun when the overall league IMMERSION was VERY GOOD 60/80 and we only had two or three zombie teams but that was before Covid-19 caused everyone to lose their collective minds. Hell, until this season I was only exporting maybe once a week and left guys in A that should have been in AA or even in the WBL hurting their development significantly. Not sure if I'm ever going to be back to the EXCELLENT 80/80 IMMERSION of the early days in the WBL but this is starting to be fun again, which is a marked improvement over most things in life here in Terminal Clown World.

TonyGin&Juice

@GuyIncognito will be joining us soon. Then immersion will really explode.

I've tried to recruit a couple of people and they all seem pretty turned off by this Tony idiot. When I explain to them that I'm said Tony idiot they look at me like I just told them I'm one of @Mame YO former coworkers. Is it too late to start a new character? Maybe one that's obsessed with LHP development instead of being a shitbag?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm inching closer and closer to driving up to Noo Jersey and forcing @Rutgers Mike to start exporting on the reg since he's got a great core of pitchers and hitters at the WBL and a really solid farm system just waiting to WIN babby! Moronic extensions were fun when the overall league IMMERSION was VERY GOOD 60/80 and we only had two or three zombie teams but that was before Covid-19 caused everyone to lose their collective minds. Hell, until this season I was only exporting maybe once a week and left guys in A that should have been in AA or even in the WBL hurting their development significantly. Not sure if I'm ever going to be back to the EXCELLENT 80/80 IMMERSION of the early days in the WBL but this is starting to be fun again, which is a marked improvement over most things in life here in Terminal Clown World.
Berlin has 3 of the 5 good SPs in JV... WAKE UP @Rutgers Mike. Either start trying to win or let someone fleece you for those SP.